• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/26 GDT : Red Wings at Nashville Predators, 8:00 EST

Rate this topic

UpperHand makes some pretty good beer. I hope my hometown is treating you well!

Good effort by the wings tonight considering it was coming off the Christmas break. Let's continue it on Monday!

I live in Gladstone :) Was at Hereford & Hops and hadn't tried any Upper Hand yet.

Another good game by Petr. I think he's earned an extra start on Monday against the wild and then jimmy can play tues then back to petr for new years eve since I'll be there and really want to see him play.

Other than that, best game I've ever seen smith play. I love him and green together! This is the smith I've been waiting for. Not just this game, he's been good for a few games now, but now comes some offence as well. I find the D are a lot quicker moving the puck since Ericsson has been out. Kindl is still atrocious and I think smith should get pp time over him!

Jurco also had a very good game along with the rest of his line. Nyquist and hank were quiet tonight and pav line was okay. I still feel that our top 2 lines lack energy and chemistry and blash needs to change them. Helm simply does not belong in the top 6 he turns the puck over far too much. Pav just doesn't look like himself at all and it's starting to scare me. Blash really under uses pav and sticking him with helm makes it worse. I'd like the euro twins to be reunited, especially while larkin is out.

Speaking of which, hurry back larkin!

The beast Artyukhin has been released by his KHL side, now I know we don't want to carry guys that can't play or keep up, but having a 6'5" 256lb winger who can play abit policing the Joe seems not such a bad idea with the young talent we have.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

To be fair Bill, I'm sure most would agree that I'm number one on the list of Smith supporters around here. I've been arguing with people for years that Smith has a ton of skill and top 4 potential. He's finally getting some opportunity under Blashill, and with that has come confidence, and he's starting to run with it. Good for him. He's looked great for a few games now. Keep it up Brendan!

Also, Jurco is staring to gain some confidence and had a great game last night. I really hope Blash keeps that line together for another few games. I also wouldn't mind Sheahan being bumped up to Datsyuk's wing with Richards, Helm down on the 4th with Glendening and Andersson and stick Nosek between Tatar and Jurco. It'd be cool to see what a line of the two Slovak's and a Czech, aka Tomas, Tomas and Tomas could do...

Sorry for the late post but went to the game and some notes.

We had seats ooooh about 4 rows from the top but at center ice and view of game was really good.

They do a lot of the flag waving etc to pump the crowd up

The crowd has a few chants that are kinda cool

The sing along with Tim McGraw after a goal is kinda cool

We sat in a sea of yellow and when the first catfish was thrown out we asked everyone around us about it. No Clue.

Asked the guy in the Dats jersey across the aisle to ask he got the same response.

Don't start a "tradition" with at least informing your fan base about it. I thought the midget in charge had declared throwing things on the ice was a delay of game penalty or is that only if you DO have a tradition and are an orig 6 team?

There were a ton of wings fans throughout the arena which was cool. Plus every bar we went into it was high fives and lets go wings yelling. I would put this on your to do list if you were looking to do an away game on a Saturday as the bars on Broadway goooooood times.

Also, Jurco is staring to gain some confidence and had a great game last night. I really hope Blash keeps that line together for another few games. I also wouldn't mind Sheahan being bumped up to Datsyuk's wing with Richards, Helm down on the 4th with Glendening and Andersson and stick Nosek between Tatar and Jurco. It'd be cool to see what a line of the two Slovak's and a Czech, aka Tomas, Tomas and Tomas could do...

I surely hope you pronounced that in your head as 'Tomosh, Tomosh, and Tomosh.'