• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeonardSankar

Was Moving To The East Worth It?

Rate this topic

Hey guys what was the purpose of switching conferences when they can't beat the teams in their own division let alone conference. This will be the 3rd straight year they get eliminated by someone from their own division. Also they have been pretty bad in the regular season against all their division foes as well.

Not that I think they would have anymore or less success in the West as I'm just saying this team is in no mans land and been there ever since June 2009 when they lost game 7 to the Pens! That date needs to be marked down as the day they stopped being a Cup contender!

Yes. Wings didn't move to the East because they couldn't beat Western teams, they moved East so we don't have to stay up until 2am to watch. The rest is immaterial. If the Wings aren't good enough to win, it doesn't matter what conference they're in.

I'd actually take it a step further and say they generally play well against the West.

I'd actually take it a step further and say they generally play well against the West.

Agreed, but the OP intimated the Wings couldn't beat the West. At least that's how I read it, but it could be the tears in my eyes. :crybaby:

Easier to make the playoffs in the West with less teams. Also, teams like Tampa and Florida being young, fast and promising doesn't look good for our future. I can see the OP's point.

Easier in the Pacific, maybe... but in the Central? I don't think I would call that easier.

West: LA, Chicago, Anaheim, Blues, Predators, Dallas . ... good luck with that. Aside from that Detroit is an eastern conference team it was as stupid as having Columbus playing in teh western conference both teams aren't western teams in terms of location so they should have been in the east, period.

I disagree with the notion that if we'd stayed out west we would have missed purely because I think management would have seen we need to plug holes more appropriately instead of signing cheap worn out veterans to fill gaps that really have been longing for quite some time. The west is bigger and its tougher. I feel ashamed we can't even beat a depleted team in the East in the first round.

Not the be-all and end-all, but there is the factor of familiarity. We knew the West teams better because we played them more often, and we played them in the playoffs. Notice how we're more familiar with the Lightning than, say, Montreal.

I think after a few more years, we'll be as aware of each East team's strengths and weaknesses as we were of the West's.

Then, maybe, we can fix the rest.

We moved because of travel. As bad as we are playing vs the EC the past couple of years, we would be even worse vs the west. The best teams are all WC teams. But some of the worst teams are there as well. Overall if we were out west IMHO we don't make the PO's. Ana, SJ, LA, Dal, Chi, Stl, and Nash are all better than we are atm. Min and us would have been fighting for the last spot.

I personally loved watching the 10:30 games so I wanted them to stay in the west. The problem is just the team isent very good. I mean our Defence is a complete joke. Probably would not even have lucked into the playoffs in the west. WHo can say. Sucks becuase this team is really close too being good. We just need like 2 guys on D that can actually play D and not turn the puck over everytime it touches them.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone