• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

It's not about Helm<Miller for me

Miller will sign a 1 year deal for cheap and Helm won't. I like Helm and would love to ham him as a 4th liner if his salary reflected it but it won't. Adding Miller is just a good reliable option that risks the team nothing.

Damnit Holland choosing Miller over Stamkos. Stephen Weiss costs this team more than Miller will

From all I've read this is going to be a very disappointing off-season.

We're certainly losing: Datsyuk, Richards, Quincey.

We're probably retaining: Helm, Miller, Mrazek, Dekeyser, Sheahan, Marchenko, Pulkinnen?

We're hopefully adding: Radulov?

I like being optimistic, but this will probably be the worst Red Wings team we've seen in 25 years...

If the salary cap era has taught us anything, the only way you can build a dynasty is through the draft. LA, Chicago, St.Louis, Pittsburgh all have spent several seasons out of the playoffs to get where they are today... Toronto? I'd much rather have their team than ours today.

We're probably retaining: Helm, Miller, Mrazek, Dekeyser, Sheahan, Marchenko, Pulkinnen?

I like being optimistic, but this will probably be the worst Red Wings team we've seen in 25 years...

If the salary cap era has taught us anything, the only way you can build a dynasty is through the draft. LA, Chicago, St.Louis, Pittsburgh all have spent several seasons out of the playoffs to get where they are today... Toronto? I'd much rather have their team than ours today.

That is a possibility. This COULD be the worst team in 25 years, but then again, all of our young guys will improve as well. We did really well without Datsyuk in the lineup at the beginning of last year with our younger guys coming out of the gate on fire before they burned out by the end of the year. With a full year under their belts, they'll be less likely to burn out. Having said that, there is a chance we land Stamkos. If we don't, we might see Holland pull off a trade of some sort. I think there's enough discontent in the front office and in the locker room to force change, whether that be in the form of Stamkos or Radulov or someone else. This has the promise to be one of more interesting off seasons in awhile for us. We either take a step towards getting better and staying a contender or we continue down that path towards getting a lottery pick and doing a full blown rebuild.

Sign Miller for very close to 1M for a year... If he doesn't work out then he doesn't play. No worries. I got no problem with short term deals to help the team stay afloat

I am very interested to see what DD gets. Considering Abby got such a ridiculous deal. Imo there's no reason to hand him a 6-8 year deal but he probably will

Are you ******* serious lol if anything we should be pushing for atleast 6 years

Really?

I can see only two options why you and a good amount of others write posts like this:

1.) Darren Helm has multiple accounts here

2.) Darren Helm pays people to praise him in here.

No serious human being would ever write posts like this without one of those reasons. No, Helm isn't a great 3rd liner and no, he isn't worth 3 millions. Not even close. Also this post is ridiculously wrong. In fact it couldn't be more wrong. Helm and co f***ed it up. This game for example:

http://redwings.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2014030124

1st Tampa goal is typical for Helm. He turns the puck over but he doesn't do anything to get the puck back. That's what happens all the time. Almost every freaking Helm shift is like that. I don't wanna see this anymore and it's completely impossible not to see it. Still you guys keep telling us here how good Helm is. Maddening...

Denial is the first stage mate. There are no conspiracy theories. None of us are hired by Helm and Helm has better things to do than make an account on some forum. He's a millionaire and could careless who thinks what. We're all just fans speaking fairly. Helm > Miller. If you really want to see what the entire forums think, you could start a thread and put up a poll and see for yourself.

Yes, everyone that thinks Helm is a very good bottom 6 forward is actually Helm in disguise. In fact, Helm has already been gone for a full season. He left for Toronto for whopping $50M last spring. No wait, wasn't Helm the guy that coached the Red Wings into the playoffs last season? Or was he that guy leaving for Russia known as the "Magic Man"? Or maybe he's that bald guy with glasses that knows everything hockey related between the glass on NBC?... I'm so confused, there are way too many Darren Helm's...

No matter how many times you say "Helm sucks", it's not going to make it true... Pretty much every advanced stat out there proves you wrong. But year, keep beating that drum, you obviously know better than NHL GM's, coaches, players, analysts, and the majority of fans... :rolleyes:

Although, Id prefer to get him locked up for under $3M, he absolutely is worth every bit of 3, and he will get that or more whether he signs here or elsewhere this summer...

So...basically what you're trying to say is that I'm spreading lies? I'm only listing facts, Darren. You didn't score despite playing with Pav almost all season long. Pav's line was as bad as it gets because you were on it. You are one of those turnover machines who forced Pav to chase the puck instead of making plays.

Also, it's just priceless that you write this as in fact it's you who's spreading lies. Glendening and Miller were outstanding a year ago...it was Datsyuk's line that messed up...certainly with you, Darren, on it. The game I linked in my post is just an example.

...honestly...I don't know what planet you live on...but you really made my day when you posted that Miller and Glendening weren't able to control Johnson when in fact it was Helm and co. Either you're Darren Helm or completely paranoid.

Watch the first goal by Tampa. Helm always does stuff like that. I'll never get this out of my head. Our problem is that he's not the only one doing this.

That's why I'm so upset. We never got that freaking puck...we're always chasing because we got too many idiots like Helm on this team. It's worse than ever before.

Edited by poel

If you can't sign helm to a decent deal (south of 3mil) then maybe have a look at Nielsen as a replacement.

It would cost a little more, but would be worth it.

Nielsen isn't good enough. We'll need a lot more to be competitive next year. We got enough depth players. The only Islander I want is Okposo. It's not likely to happen but he would make us a lot better.

I didn't say anything about the Tampa series. You're confusing me with someone else, just as you're confusing me with a very talented NHL player. Anyway, I'm done with this conversation, but you can continue on with your trolling. You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up bud!

Nielsen isn't good enough. We'll need a lot more to be competitive next year. We got enough depth players. The only Islander I want is Okposo. It's not likely to happen but he would make us a lot better.

Yup...because I said that's all we needed this off-season...

Quit manipulating other peoples statements to fit what you want to argue about.

Also Nielsen would have led our team in scoring this year. But call him a depth player all you want...

Yep. No point in watching next season then. I suspect we won't see any posts from you this year?

:rolleyes:

So...basically what you're trying to say is that I'm spreading lies? I'm only listing facts, Darren. You didn't score despite playing with Pav almost all season long. Pav's line was as bad as it gets because you were on it. You are one of those turnover machines who forced Pav to chase the puck instead of making plays.

You got it wrong man, I'm Darren Helm.

What's to stop Chris Chelios from being Darren Helm?

I'm pretty sure this is my fave LGW meme. This or JUCK EFFING POT!!!111!!!

And if there really are 4 different Darren Helms, then I don't see the difficulty in signing at least one of them.

Resigning Miller to a safe 1 year deal would be the smart move. I don't know how you would expect AHLers who haven't even combined for 10 NHL games could step in and be better than the teams best penalty killer. Not to mention Calahan and Nosek are midgets

Huh? Nosek is 6'2" and Callahan is 6'.

I guess the definition of midget has changed.

I'm pretty sure this is my fave LGW meme. This or JUCK EFFING POT!!!111!!!

And if there really are 4 different Darren Helms, then I don't see the difficulty in signing at least one of them.

That you Darren Helm?