• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2016 SCF: San Jose Sharks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

I'm willing to bet they are about to change that stat this year, despite my disliking. They have 2 shots at home ice and one away.

Annoyingly, they came to the show in the Finals. They are clicking and churning while the Sharks are not.

I shall retire from this debacle and skate some, with some luck It'll ease my mind.

I'm willing to bet they are about to change that stat this year, despite my disliking. They have 2 shots at home ice and one away.

Annoyingly, they came to the show in the Finals. They are clicking and churning while the Sharks are not.

I shall retire from this debacle and skate some, with some luck It'll ease my mind.

On the bright side, there will be a new video of Crosby lifting the Cup. Not just the one in JLA that I always turn away from.

It's a shame, Tolliver was really on top of his game in that one too.

Luc Robitaille's breakaway buzzer beating goal at the end of regulation to force OT is something I'll never forget from that game.

Pittsburgh has never won the Cup on home ice.

Although they had a chance in the 1995 Finals before the game was interrupted by terrorist attacks in OT of game 7.

I thought Chicago would take that, but for some reason, Chelios just didn't look like himself.

As for this year, the Sharks just haven't looked like themselves either. I expected it to be a much tighter series. The Sharks had momentum coming in. I really thought they'd put up more of a fight.

I also didn't think the Penis would get this far, so what do I know?

Lots of people didn't expect Pens to make it this far. But man looking at their roster... they have the two best players in the world and a top 5 goal scorer in the world and they have a Norris nominated defenseman.

Pens are built like a team that could repeat.

Edited by kickazz

Lots of people didn't expect Pens to make it this far. But man looking at their roster... they have the two best players in the world and a top 5 goal scorer in the world and they have a Norris nominated defenseman.

Especially if they trade Fleury away and use the cap space to add someone else significant with the 5.75 mill. Murray is cheap for them for 1 more year and then will still be a RFA.

NHL is just salivating at the thought of Pittsburgh looking for the repeat, going up against none other than Chicago in the SCF

Pittsburgh has never won the Cup on home ice.

Although they had a chance in the 1995 Finals before the game was interrupted by terrorist attacks in OT of game 7.

Youre a Sharks homer arent ya? This matchup could be considered Hari Kari for any Wings fan, but you were sporting for them before they got in the Cup.

Yes, they are, unfortunately. Murray was a beast in the AHL and he had a couple good games in the NHL before Fleury got injured. I was really hoping Murray would stay buried in the depth chart. Lots of young speedsters, superstars and a good strategy will keep them up there for awhile, I think. However, this is a copycat league and teams will see the Pens success and try to copy it by putting together a speedy team that applies tons of offensive pressure. If the Pens face someone like them or simply just anyone that can disrupt their constant flow of offensive pressure, they'll have a harder time winning games.

what people? The Pens were the strongest team and had the hottest streak by the end of the season, without Malkin. And kept and ante it up since the first round.

That HBK line is just brutal.

http://m.imgur.com/WoMcQkC?r

:P not my creation but I love it. Here's to hoping they come back and win it though

I thought this one was awesome. hope is an omen for a Sharks comeback

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aRAxnyy_460sv.mp4

what people? The Pens were the strongest team and had the hottest streak by the end of the season, without Malkin. And kept and ante it up since the first round.

That HBK line is just brutal.

I thought this one was awesome. hope is an omen for a Sharks comeback

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aRAxnyy_460sv.mp4

The 99% of the hockey fans that were high on Washington Capitals and kept thinking Crosby is declining and Malkin and Fluery injury was the end of it. Like deers caught in the headlights. The headlights belonging to the Pittsburgh train. Not to mention a lot of hockey analysts picked Caps to win over Penguins and Bolts to beat Pengiuns in 6 or 7 games.

The 99% of the hockey fans that were high on Washington Capitals and kept thinking Crosby is declining and Malkin and Fluery injury was the end of it. Like deers caught in the headlights. The headlights belonging to the Pittsburgh train. Not to mention a lot of hockey analysts picked Caps to win over Penguins and Bolts to beat Pengiuns in 6 or 7 games.

oh you mean those sheeple... ;)

Edited by NerveDamage

As much as I dislike The Sharks, they're turned into one of those teams that I feel sorry for, because they can't win. We had 6 rough years before we finally won in 1997, but this is 12 years for The Sharks. Unless they can win 3 in a row, they'll continue to be the worst playoff team ever!

last game of the season tonight

Its tonight now depending on your current time zone ;)

Too bad its in Pitt, I'd rather Pitt be deprived the celebration on home ice and for SJS to have to endure it on theirs (Im trying to find silver linings).

It would be awesome if the Guppies got it to a game 7 and then give up 6 or 7 to 1. Keep in mind I am in Shark territory and I am the most hated minority in this neck of the woods. That may explain my extra extreme hate for them, but if we werent the ones to do it, I want someone that we took a cup off of to do it.

I have a feeling the Pens will lose tonight. Either due to nerves or pressure to close it out at home, combined with the desperation from SJ, I could see the Sharks taking it back to SJ for a Game 6, but it won't go any further than that.

The Bolts would've beat them if they were healthy, the caps were just too slow and Holtby got Exposed for what he truly is, a okay goalie on a stacked team.

Did they beat the Rangers this year as well? What a run for Pittsburgh

The Bolts would've beat them if they were healthy, the caps were just too slow and Holtby got Exposed for what he truly is, a okay goalie on a stacked team.

Did they beat the Rangers this year as well? What a run for Pittsburgh

lol i needed a good laugh

let's just give no credit to Pittsburgh whatsoever for completely destroying every team 5v5 this postseason+2nd half of the season. lmao. you can thank Fleury's scrub ass for the flukey Bolts getting that series to 7 games.

Edited by shocky2002

Not really had that whole Bolts team been at full health including Bishop... Don't forget they were whipping Pittsburghs ass without Stamkos, and if Jon Cooper wasn't a damn idiot when it came to utilizing his forwards cough cough Stamkos we would've seen Tampa sweep this sorry ass Sharks team. LA & CHI Never would've went out like this and that's two other teams in the league better than Pitt besides Tampa. Offensive pressure my ass with Bishop in net and Stamkos coming up the ice on odd man rushes for a whole seven game series and the best defenseman on the other team is Kris Prettyboy Letang? The only people on Pittsburgh who deserve credit is the depth Crosby and Sullivan

This run is all based on luck, the caps choked and failed to impose there will on a team they should've smoked on paper, the Rangers were pretty much riding Lundqvist coattails for any chance they could've had and he's at the end of his prime, and the bolts were just beat up and the coach couldn't use one of the best goal scorers in the world properly because he was too fixated on his system.

How is Fluery to blame when it's Murrays fault he even got in the net in the first place lol