• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2016 SCF: San Jose Sharks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Two of my top three most hated teams playing for the Cup (Chicago the other).....

As much as it pains me, I'm going to have to root for Pittsburgh to win - I'd rather the Cup go to the East Coast and I can't stand the "look at me!" type players like Burns and the stupid back woods bushman beards he and Thornton are sporting. I've hated the Sharks for years...

i'm stunned that this is the final.

i still really hate thornton, even more than cindy. and being from the toronto area it would be funny as hell to see kessel win the cup after being pushed outta here the way he was. however i hate letang, really like brent burns.

i'm so torn on who to root for :)

I usually choose who to root for based on the fans because they're the only ones who matter. Every team has less than like able players and that's not the fans fault. It's fun to watch your team win the cup so whichever team hasn't won in the longest time I'll root for.

Will be a great series. I felt before the playoffs the Penguins would be in the Finals. San Jose I wouldn't have guessed before the playoffs, but did after the first round.

My initial thought is the Sharks are bigger and stronger. I have to give them the edge.

Of course you'll go with the Sharks. Unless you wan't to see lots of pictures where Cindy violates the cup again.

Brett Burns on the other hand, drinking soup from the cup outside a homeless shelter food stand works for me. I say Sharks.

I hate to root against Cullen, but I hate to root for any team that has won a Cup since we have.

So... Go Sharks.

There's something about the Sharks this year. They seem to be in the right frame mentally. I bet if they win, Marleau will look surprised. I want to see that.

Ya after the first round I was really impressed by the Sharks. Was saying they'd win the cup ever since they just look to be firing on all cylinders and deserving of their victories... Unlike the Lightning. They'd get dominated and somehow manage wins really pissed me off

Will be a great series. I felt before the playoffs the Penguins would be in the Finals. San Jose I wouldn't have guessed before the playoffs, but did after the first round.

My initial thought is the Sharks are bigger and stronger. I have to give them the edge.

55% pens win per Vegas. theyre an even team on neutral ice, Pens having home ice gives them the edge.

I think we all know the Pens are going to win this. I haven't watched either team play this year, but I've seen quite a bit written about how good the Pens have been all year and not a lot about how good the Sharks have been. On top of that, the Pens will just find some miraculous way to win, and the Sharks will pull yet another choke job.

As I get older I get less interested in the playoffs. I think they go on for far too long and more often than not teams I just don't care about go deep.

Maybe I'm just a bitter old man but I dream of a smaller league with better teams. I can't see a Pens-Sharks final being a boost for the league. Sigh.

I think we all know the Pens are going to win this. I haven't watched either team play this year, but I've seen quite a bit written about how good the Pens have been all year and not a lot about how good the Sharks have been. On top of that, the Pens will just find some miraculous way to win, and the Sharks will pull yet another choke job.

As I get older I get less interested in the playoffs. I think they go on for far too long and more often than not teams I just don't care about go deep.

Maybe I'm just a bitter old man but I dream of a smaller league with better teams. I can't see a Pens-Sharks final being a boost for the league. Sigh.

Same here. The last playoff year that I even really cared about was 2009. Now it's either 1 or 2 teams that always make the Final and some random team that doesn't really offer much of a challenge. At least the Sharks have a somewhat interesting story with their history of choking and getting to the Final for the first time ever. I still wish it had been Caps vs. Stars. That would have been a fun series.