• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Darren Helm re-signed: 5 years, $3.85m AAV

Rate this topic

the more and more i think about line combos, the more and more i hate the price of this deal. there is really nowhere for helm to play

If it helps he makes only 100k less than Wayne Simmonds, scored 19 less goals and 36 less points.,and throws 77 less hits. :D

Edited by kickazz

the more and more i think about line combos, the more and more i hate the price of this deal. there is really nowhere for helm to play

I'm a Helm supporter and I am glad he's back, but what you say is very true. I see Sheahan, AA, and Helm all as 3rd line centers. None have blown me away on the wing. Maybe AA can do it since I haven't seen him there much and can play on the first 2 lines. Still it will be interesting to see how Helm and Sheahan fit in.

He does seem like the odd man out..

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek

Zetty the Grizzly Teddy - Larkin - Abulkadir

Nyquist - Sheahan - AA/Helm/Mantha

Miller - Glendogmillionaire - Ott/Jurco

Where does he fit in? Can't be 4th line anymore. Top 6 we just brought in two forwards for that. Hank should be 3rd line but won't be cuz #RedWings. Maybe Vanek will drop down to third line but then Nyquist would be bumped to top 6 before Helm would.

Helm seems to only fit into 3rd line but AA and Mantha will be looking for that spot. AA makes Helm expendable. Maybe not this year but in a year or two AA is Helm 2.0 with a higher upside for scoring.

5 years for this contract is not looking good. I just hope theres no NMC or NTC.

edit - If you bump Sheahan down to 4th line that opens two slots for 3rd line. One for AA (who imo really should be on this squad) and other for Helm. But then 4th line is now clustered. We have Miller, Glendog, Sheahan, Ott, Jurco

Edited by kickazz

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek

Where does he fit in? Can't be 4th line anymore. Top 6 we just brought in two forwards for that. Hank should be 3rd line but won't be cuz #RedWings. Maybe Vanek will drop down to third line but then Nyquist would be bumped to top 6 before Helm would.

Helm seems to only fit into 3rd line but AA and Mantha will be looking for that spot. AA makes Helm expendable. Maybe not this year but in a year or two AA is Helm 2.0 with a higher upside for scoring.

5 years for this contract is not looking good. I just hope theres no NMC or NTC.

edit - If you bump Sheahan down to 4th line that opens two slots for 3rd line. One for AA (who imo really should be on this squad) and other for Helm. But then 4th line is now clustered. We have Miller, Glendog, Sheahan, Ott, Jurco

Ain't none I believe. Still a bad contract, for us.

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek

AA and Mantha will be in GR

AA and Mantha will be in GR

Don't be to sure of that. Sure right now it leans that way judging from looking at the roster paper. But we have hooks out for a trade. I am predicting a trade with Anaheim, and a costly one at that. That would open up for one (AA) or two (AA+Mantha) to join up with the Wings unless they are traded.

Helm is worth at least twice as much as Miller and Ott combined, which coincidently is what he's getting paid. If you're looking for the players we should not have signed, those two are way before Helm in my book. But hey, Helm sucks because LGW says he sucks, f*** stats...

If we're overpaying in a trade for a defenseman, I hope it's for Trouba, not Fowler...

Helm is worth at least twice as much as Miller and Ott combined, which coincidently is what he's getting paid. If you're looking for the players we should not have signed, those two are way before Helm in my book. But hey, Helm sucks because LGW says he sucks, f*** stats...

If we're overpaying in a trade for a defenseman, I hope it's for Trouba, not Fowler...

We're not talking about what should have been. We're talking about the situation the team is in now. Helm doesn't fit in anywhere. The only scenario he fits in is if we cut AA and send him down to GR. Which sucks because AA definitely deserves to be in the lineup

Edited by kickazz

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek

Have thought about this some more and there's no real problem

Z-Lark-Vanek

Ny-Nielsen-Abby

Tat-AA-Helm

Mill/Ott-Glen-Shea

Jurco,Pulk

Ott is just in for Miller as he comes back or injuries or extra grit.

Mantha starts in GR, which I think most of us expected anyway. Injuries will come.

Not sure how much of a shot Jurco and Pukkinen are going to get this year, though - I Do wish we hadn't signed Miller and Ott.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

What should have been? We shouldn't have signed Miller and / or Ott... With what we have now? Miller and / or Ott should be the odd men out... That's of course if we want to ice the best roster possible. But who am I kidding, we rarely ever ice the best roster possible...

We have a major log jam at all positions. Up front we will likely have Jurco and Pulkkinen sitting on a nightly basis, Mantha sent down, possibly Athanasiou as well, and Frk (hopefully he clears) waived, as well as Callahan. On the back end, hopefully we can keep one of Sproul (would be my choice) or Ouellet as the 7th defenseman, and Jensen waived (hopefully he clears). Between the pipes, Howard should be moved (doubt he will at this point), but Coreau should be a very capable back-up by next year at the latest...

F*** Holland, we need a trade to alleviate this log jam, or we're going to lose a few players for nothing...

Vanek and Zetterberg need to stay as far away from each other as possible way too slow of a combination but I get your point.

Man that still means Jurco has become useless. Not worried about Pulk he's out most of the first half of the season anyway.

Good point. I was just trying keep Vanek, Tatar and Nyquist on different lines when I made the combos. Vanek can be swapped with one of the others. Or maybe Abby. Vanek and Nyquist together wouldn't be the worst - just thought that would be a light line.