• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Darren Helm re-signed: 5 years, $3.85m AAV

Rate this topic

Pretty sure the Red Wings are the only team in the league that would pay him that much

Dekeseyer is getting 7M confirmed I don't think Holland watches any other teams besides the red wings...Dekeseyer is a franchise dman because he'll be paid like one. Guarantee DD gets paid more than Seth Jones. I'd rather be a basement team than structure our core off mediocre players

I really like Helm and think he is pretty under valued around here but that salary and term is a complete joke There's no way around it Holland blew it and if this is how he manages players he shouldn't be doing it anymore. Almost 4M a year for a lengthy term for a 4th line player. This is worse than Abby's deal

Seems a little high. Got any link where I can read more about this? I have said in the past that DD will get paid this off-season, but this amount is overpay.

Well I feel awkward...I LOVE Helm and at this point Im grasping to the devil we know....I know he wont score 20 goals, 15 was a lot for him, but his energy is OFF the charts. The contract is obviously too long by 2 years, but there is a role Helm can fit into as long as they aren't forcing him into our top 6. Pair Helm and AA together for a speedy line 3.

I get it's not the perfect contract, but I think calling for Holland to be fired when its 11am on trade deadline day is as crazy as some of you make this contract out to be, perhaps he's setting the table for a trade or three :hammer:

Sorry just speculation because Holland can't judge talent

Very well. Avoid the confirmed word then.

I will counter your speculation with 5.5 million per year X 5 years for Danny DeKeyser.

Edited by Jacksoni

Helm scored 26 points playing with our best players last year..if he ended up at 3.85m/yr how the hell much did he think he was worth?

Holland makes the occasional nice move but these kind of signings are just embarrassing.

And has he ever played a full season? I don't think so....I might be wrong.

This deal sucks obviously but besides maybe Mantha theirs no good forwards being left off the team anymore. Mantha might be a full timer to start the year. I don't think we have anyone close to being an impact NHLer at forward in GR anymore

Bertuzzi is fairly close and Nosek probably should be on the roster next year. Never mind that AA, Jurco, and Pulkkinen received very little regular ice time.

Holland just uses all our cap on guys like Helm and Abby so he won't be bothered to make deals and blame the cap. Compared to previous years and other GM's that are actually putting thought and time into their rebuild he's doing about half the amount of work

Imagine what it feels like to bring in outside talent that has an actual impact outside of the organization.

This is just terrible and has officially made me not want Holland being a part of this team anymore this was the last straw. He hasn't accomplished a thing since Lidstrom retired but is still managin to lock up our future. He's building the core of this team off being a playoff bubble team. It almost seems like he's just lazy

I just hope to the Gods that Helm is not in the top 6. If we're using him as a center, he had better be on the third line at most. Just sucks because this takes away from AA's playing time. Holland is a moron, Helm deserved no more than 3 million over 3 years. At least he's been relatively healthy over the past 2 seasons.

Just imagine the fun that will break out if Helm is AA's replacement, with AA being traded.

That would make me feel better actually if we got somebody decent. This deal makes it seem like Holland has no clue about the teams future. He's just 'Winging' it

Just imagine the fun that will break out if Helm is AA's replacement, with AA being traded.

Might as well...AA wont get playing time again because of this so just trade him. I would rather save the money and just let the kids play this season and possibly not make the playoffs than over pay with money and term for players like this just so you can get lucky and fall in backwards into the playoffs. Save the money and wait until next season to see what happens.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

#FireHolland

I started this five years ago but it never caught on. Holland's apologists are too powerful, it seems, and it also helps that Holland knows the Ilitch family's deepest darkest secrets. They could have him knocked off, but it's easier to simply keep him on as GM. As long as butts are in the seats and merchandise sold, no worries.

It's hard to understand how some don't realize he easily could have gotten more from the likes of Calgary or even Buffalo... Since Stamkos signed, every FA signed from then on will have been overpaid... People would probably had complained had Helm signed the same money elsewhere

We need Helm. Now with this money, management will be "forced" to give him regular minutes on a regular line.. He's consistent and we all know how rare that is

He was forced in a top six role because of shortage of talent and couldn't produce but now he's paid like a top six so that should solve all our problems. Can't get good players? Just pay em like their good then everyone will stop bugging you cause you won't have cap space. Nobody wants to trade with you cause all your players and contracts suck? Means no work for Holland to do. This team has no direction. We won't be good until Holland leaves

Doesn't matter when the tantrums start it will be the SHDY that's all for Holland.

I hope so if the other UFA's want ridicoulas contracts.

No.

I'll freak out whenever I want to.

This did make me laugh :lol:

Helm contract not that high IMO. This is the average contract for his caliber of player in the league. As the cap goes higher his value will increase as for the cap hit. As it was indicated shortage of talent was low so his forced to be playing against higher opponents to his standards. His speed and penalty kill are enormous for the Wings. I don't think this is a bad signing and if worst comes to worst it doesn't pan out trading him won't be hard.