Athanasiou  Nielsen  Abdelkader
Bertuzzi  Sheahan/Glendening  Jurco

As Borat would say: very nice!

Nah he ain't wrong, I just have Bills back thats all

On 25/11/2016 at 5:41 PM, LeftWinger said:

:blink:

You said you are Chris Terreri, no? lol

18 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Honestly what can the league do about it? They cant penalized the Wings for something that might hypothetically happen. All that needs to happen is after the protected lists are announced have a "friend of a friend" report to a Swedish newspaper that Hank is deeply offended by not being protected and would rather retire than start at a new organization. The league cant do anything to the Wings over a rumor. You know that news will get to Vegas and if they still want to risk wasting a pick that is their option. My opinion is that rumor would be strong enough to make them pass on a guy with a bad back who has maybe 2 years left in him.

This could def work...

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You're right, LeftWinger.  We need someone who is willing to bang the other team around a little.

Agreed. Why does this team even bother signing gritty/agitating/fighter types when they will never be used. First Tootoo, now Ott. If you want a team full of small skill guys and big guys who play like they are as small as those skill guys, then keep it that way. Don't get our hopes up that we might finally see payback for all the nightly cheapshots and injury attempts when it won't happen. I know "the league has changed", etc., etc. But last night was an indication the young guys and skill guys need backup, especially since it was ONE player skating around pulling off all that crap. Don't single him out and get him back or anything. Let him break Larkin's leg and Nielson's arm..we don't need them anyways! Sick of this team being full of ******* that get pushed around every damn night.

28 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just an obscure Star Wars reference. I thought maybe you didn't get it and was like, what?. :lol: 

Oh. Haha i'm not a Star Wars fan. Therefore, I did not get it.:no2:

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Because Babcock doesn't like guys like that and Ott just isn't that good

Well Babcock is long gone and Ott wasn't signed to be good. lol

According to Kahn Jurco is making his season debut tomorrow:

#RedWings Tomas Jurco said he feels quicker after dropping from 200 pounds to 192. Wings season debut tomorrow vs. @DallasStars

#RedWings lines at practice: Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha Abdelkader-Nielsen-Glendening Nyquist-Larkin-Vanek Miller-Sheahan-Jurco (Ott rotating)

I am hoping that Jurco playing with Miller and Sheahan is just for a few games. I cant see him playing too many minutes game one, so for the short term I get it. With that being said, unless Jurco is doing something majorly wrong to justify it, if Blashill keeps him 4th line while Glendening is on the 2nd line, I am going to be extremely irritated.

4 hours ago, kliq said:

#RedWings Tomas Jurco said he feels quicker after dropping from 200 pounds to 192. Wings season debut tomorrow vs. @DallasStars

#RedWings lines at practice: Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha Abdelkader-Nielsen-Glendening Nyquist-Larkin-Vanek Miller-Sheahan-Jurco (Ott rotating)

I am hoping that Jurco playing with Miller and Sheahan is just for a few games. I cant see him playing too many minutes game one, so for the short term I get it. With that being said, unless Jurco is doing something majorly wrong to justify it, if Blashill keeps him 4th line while Glendening is on the 2nd line, I am going to be extremely irritated.

Agreed. Hopefully jurco and glen get switched after jurco gets going.. they could just be limiting his minutes at first but it's up to him to make the most of it.

that Nyq-Larkin-Vanek line looks deadly though! 

9 hours ago, kliq said:

The Wings said they intend to ease him back in with easy fourth-line minutes, so, for the time being, we know why he's on the fourth line. But, yeah, I'm hoping he shows well and gets re-acclimated pretty quickly, forcing a promotion to that "second" line. (Though, in fairness, that line has been pretty decent for us.)

1 hour ago, Echolalia said:

Yeah I have to say Glendening has not looked out of place.  Not necessarily the most offensively gifted guy but he's making things happen, forcing turnovers, hounding down the puck etc.

I like him much more as a winger. Frees him up to play a more straightforward, bull-in-a-china-shop game.

I may be wrong, but...wasn't he a winger until his first stint with the Wings, when Babcock decided he was going to be a shutdown centerman?

What happens cap-wise if Z is exposed and chosen by Vegas and then retires?

Wings get hit with a big recapture penalty.
I like him much more as a winger. Frees him up to play a more straightforward, bull-in-a-china-shop game.

I may be wrong, but...wasn't he a winger until his first stint with the Wings, when Babcock decided he was going to be a shutdown centerman?

Yeah, he's a natural winger who started working at playing center to give himself a better shot at the NHL.

37 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha

Glendening-Nielsen-Nyquist

Jurco-Zetterberg-Tatar

Sheahan-Helm-Ott

Not that hard

You're playing Ott over Abby and AA? I assume with Helm being in, you are considering a completely healthy lineup.

Edited by kliq

16 hours ago, kliq said:

This could be a bad thing for him. One of the reasons they kept him in the line up was because he was a big body. With the weight lost, if he doesn't produce, there won't be a reason to keep him in the line-up

Edited by kickazz

42 minutes ago, kickazz said:

This could be a bad thing for him. One of the reasons they kept him in the line up was because he was a big body. With the weight lost, if he doesn't produce, there won't be a reason to keep him in the line-up

He dropped back down to his weight from a couple years ago when he had that stint of success.  Apparently he felt winded pretty easily after he beefed up.  We'll see if it translates on the ice.

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM, kickazz said:

Red Wings had more overall hits than the Canadians. You're wrong and so is your previous and current prediction Lefty 

Hmmmm......never question The Roster Guru! Muahahaha! :lol:

Just kidding! But alas my prediction was correct!

Edited by LeftWinger