• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/19 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Rangers 1

weird seeing another team not being able to buy a goal. that usually happens to the wings

howard def showing everyone he still got it

gave up way too many breakaways and shots opportunities . not much offense but came away with the win. im impressed.

Edited by brett

Team played like s*** and got two points. As someone who is very critical of Jimmy, someone better buy him a beer tonight. He was lights out. Hard to fathom the next time the Wings are in action I'll be at the Joe to see it live for the first time in my life.

Just now, Rivalred said:

Rangers deserved to win, Howard stole this one and one of the few Wings who showed up tonight 

Too many bad passes, turn overs, and penalties. They played sloppy 

Indeed.

The Wings looked horrible on that pp where they had a 5 on 3 advantage.

I'll take the win regardless...Jimmeh stood on his head.

3 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

Team played like s*** and got two points. As someone who is very critical of Jimmy, someone better buy him a beer tonight. He was lights out. Hard to fathom the next time the Wings are in action I'll be at the Joe to see it live for the first time in my life.

Good on you for giving credit where it is due.  It's fine to call out players for mistakes, but far too few posters will recognize when their whipping boys make good plays.  Much respect.

I hope you have a blast at the Joe and that they have a blowout win for you.

Edited by TheXym

Howard stole 2 points you couldn't ask for better goaltending. It's games like this where strong defensive forwards were leaned on. Had to win key battles and weather the storm and they did. Noticed Mike Green on the ice for the last seconds

The defense just kills the wings flow offensively. Even against Ottawa when they seemed to be clicking offensively the D really dragged their ass and kept the game up for grabs. Ouellette has really impressed me. Marchenko has been terrible. The D just works in waves. They can get the job done for a period then they suck for periods

Edited by joesuffP

To everyone of you that thought/thinks Redwing hockey is dead, FU!!!!!  This was a HUGE 2 pts! Jimmy still has it, and I feel so good for him. He won this game, but many here wanted him gone 3 years ago. Vanek is our best player, but, lets slam the GM for not doing "anything" to make our team better. Many, many people were throwing this team under the bus because they lost 2 games,  against 2 good teams in Florida. We still have a pretty darn good hockey team wearing the Red & White. We are not anywhere close to where we need to be to win a cup, but come on Red Wings fans. Let's support our team, instead of ALWAYS slamming them

Edited by Wing-in-avs-town

4 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Howard stole 2 points you couldn't ask for better goaltending. It's games like this where strong defensive forwards were leaned on. Had to win key battles and weather the storm and they did. Noticed Mike Green on the ice for the last seconds

The defense just kills the wings flow offensively. Even against Ottawa when they seemed to be clicking offensively the D really dragged their ass and kept the game up for grabs. Ouellette has really impressed me. Marchenko has been terrible. The D just works in waves. They can get the job done for a period then they suck for periods

Howard for President!

I will give credit to howard. I am not a fan of his at all but he worked hard and got the team the win tonight. I do not think this should be opening up the idea of a goalie battle... It was one game and frankly he always plays good against the rangers. The net is still petrs but it is nice that jimmy got a confident start so when he does play hes more confident.

With any luck the kings watched the game tonight and kenny throws a package today to movehoward. Its best for the team.

9 minutes ago, Vladiator said:

Damn Jimmy..think that's one the best games I've ever seen him play....now who do the Wings want from LA???

We would probably get Petr Budaj in return. Goalie for Goalie. Howard would be more of a salary dump for us. 

Edited by kickazz