• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The MANtha watch.....

Rate this topic

Over the last 10 seasons, 1 team has scored over 300 goals. Over the last 10 seasons the majority (6-4) SC winners had at least 1 30 goal scorer. Yes scoring is down overall-the league is crap now and going to get worse with more teams. That of course just makes us look worse. In a bad league are are at best a .500 team.

I miss the 80's. We had goals and fights and a ton more fun in the NHL! This crap is boring........

22 hours ago, Richdg said:

Over the last 10 seasons, 1 team has scored over 300 goals. Over the last 10 seasons the majority (6-4) SC winners had at least 1 30 goal scorer. Yes scoring is down overall-the league is crap now and going to get worse with more teams. That of course just makes us look worse. In a bad league are are at best a .500 team.

I miss the 80's. We had goals and fights and a ton more fun in the NHL! This crap is boring........

Actually, it should be even more than 6-4 over the past 10 years.  Of those 4 that didn't have a 30 goal scorer, it's really only 1 that didn't have one if you think about it.  The other 3 went like this:

1 - a 29 goal scorer and a 27 goal scorer (27 goals in 72 games though...so that's really a legit 30 goal guy)

2 - a 28 goal scorer and a 27 goal scorer (27 goals in 61 games though...same story, that's really a legit 30 goal guy)

3 - this was the lockout year, there were actually 3 guys that would have easily had more than 30 over 82 games, 2 guys that would have flirted with 40.

Now that MANtha is up the title needs to be "Watch MANtha". So I have been. TBH he has been one of our best players since coming up. Doing the things he does well: shooting the puck, passing, retrieving the puck out of the corners etc... Even his D has been solid-his supposed weak spot. Hist goal yesterday was classic MANtha and shows how he should be used. He started off right of the goal ripped a hard shot that went to the glass, went behind the net and retrieved the puck, came back out in front to the left side and fired a great shot into the net. Those are the things he can do that no one else on our team can. if that was Nyquist what would have happened? he would have been knocked down to the ice.

That is also how MANtha needs to be used. he needs to setup up 15-20 ft out in front of the net in a spot he can either shot the puck or drive the net with the puck. That is how he scores. Using him as a front of net guy is not his strength. Yes he can do it but that is not putting a guy in a position to be their best. On the PP Abby should be in front of the net, MANtha in the slot, The Larkin and the Dmen on the outside controlling the puck with passing and skating looking for the good scoring chances.

Just now, marcaractac said:

Obviously, it would. Even Holland wouldn't lose Mantha for anything. Especially when you consider the times' teams have asked for him in a trade and he said no. 

I guess my attitude these days is "Hope for the best, expect the worst."

32 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Would it surprise you?

Liked your tune in the other thread better. Come on now. 0% chance of that happening. Reality check please.

Let's just observe our demise this season and see what follows. Holland or any other GM would be forced to alter team structure for the younger. What shape that will take we'll only know come august.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I thought the narrative around here was that Holland is in love with his kids and refuses to get rid of them?

He refuses to get rid of them and then loses them on waivers for nothing or trades them for Dennis Seidenberg at the trade deadline.

3 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Liked your tune in the other thread better. Come on now. 0% chance of that happening. Reality check please.

I'm only being half-serious here. I don't actually believe we're going to lose Mantha to LV.

23 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He refuses to get rid of them and then loses them on waivers for nothing or trades them for Dennis Seidenberg at the trade deadline.

Come on....we're talking Nestresil, Frk, and Pulkkinen. Two of which were waived by the teams that picked them up. They had zero value. Mantha is in a completely different class and is a completely different situation. This is what I mean when I talk about hyperbole.

8 minutes ago, kliq said:

Come on....we're talking Nestresil, Frk, and Pulkkinen. Two of which were waived by the teams that picked them up. They had zero value. Mantha is in a completely different class and is a completely different situation. This is what I mean when I talk about hyperbole.

Again, I don't think I'm taking this quite as seriously as you guys are. I suppose I shouldn't have said anything in the first place, but, well, I'm bored.

What I'm trying to say is that Holland will definitely trade Mantha and Athanasiou for Roman Polak.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:46 PM, Dabura said:

Again, I don't think I'm taking this quite as seriously as you guys are. I suppose I shouldn't have said anything in the first place, but, well, I'm bored.

What I'm trying to say is that Holland will definitely trade Mantha and Athanasiou for Roman Polak.

Sure Polak has some weight to him, but we're not trading big bodies like Mantha for him.

Mantha is the new Franzen. He will be elite, but people will still moan cause "truculence" and "streakiness" 

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure Polak has some weight to him, but we're not trading big bodies like Mantha for him.

Mantha is the new Franzen. He will be elite, but people will still moan cause "truculence" and "streakiness" 

Agree with your post, but I think(?) Dabura was being sarcastic. Also, are you the anti-me?

2 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Agree with your post, but I think(?) Dabura was being sarcastic. Also, are you the anti-me?

Yes.

I get that he's just playing around. Although if you ask my b**** wife she'll tell you sarcasm is completely lost on me. She can pound sand.