• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

THATANK911

Coreau/Howard

Rate this topic

Just outside the box, maybe crazy! Do you keep Howard and let him go out a Wing, thus being the starter to bring up Coreau? (teach) Let Petr go in a trade or Vegas? Premature to pass a big judgement on Coreau, but with his size he could be great if he works on his vision and glove skills. I know now there is more value in a Howard trade. Just wanted Wing nations thoughts.

5 hours ago, THATANK911 said:

Just outside the box, maybe crazy! Do you keep Howard and let him go out a Wing, thus being the starter to bring up Coreau? (teach) Let Petr go in a trade or Vegas? Premature to pass a big judgement on Coreau, but with his size he could be great if he works on his vision and glove skills. I know now there is more value in a Howard trade. Just wanted Wing nations thoughts.

We're not trading Mrazek.  He's our future.  He's young and struggling at the moment that's all.

I dont't know, I don't see Howrd going out a Wing, as you put it, I mean look at what they did to Ozzie, letting him go just to bring him back later and helped us to that 08 cup. I mean, I love Howie, but the team hasn't been behind him and if we could trade him in a package for a top D would do it in a heartbeat. Keep Mrazek and get a solid backup, so far Coreau hasn't impressed me, yeah he's got size but seems slow. Although I agree with @F.Michael no one should be untouchable, well perhaps Z, I'd love for him to end his career as a Red Wing.

6 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

We're not trading Mrazek.  He's our future.  He's young and struggling at the moment that's all.

Not saying Mrazek and Price are the same but I remember a lot of Canadiens fans wanting them to keep Halak over Price after the playoff performances he had against Washington and Pittsburgh. Look how that turned out, we need to be patient like you said.

While I'm neither a fanboy of Mrazek, nor a hater - this team in front of him is utter trash.
While the D appears useless at times - I tend to be of the opinion our forwards look lost...Sure - they get into the offensive zone, but they're incapable of keeping the puck in there, nor are they able to generate quality chances, and lack snipers.

Howard has had the same team in front of him, and other than wins, has far superior numbers. But yeah, it's hard to really evaluate anyone with this coaching staff. That's why he needs to be fired ASAP

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Not saying Mrazek and Price are the same but I remember a lot of Canadiens fans wanting them to keep Halak over Price after the playoff performances he had against Washington and Pittsburgh. Look how that turned out, we need to be patient like you said.

I agree, although, look at how Montreal does without him, poorly to say the least. we can't rely on one single player to be succesful.

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

I dont't know, I don't see Howrd going out a Wing, as you put it, I mean look at what they did to Ozzie, letting him go just to bring him back later and helped us to that 08 cup. I mean, I love Howie, but the team hasn't been behind him and if we could trade him in a package for a top D would do it in a heartbeat. Keep Mrazek and get a solid backup, so far Coreau hasn't impressed me, yeah he's got size but seems slow. Although I agree with @F.Michael no one should be untouchable, well perhaps Z, I'd love for him to end his career as a Red Wing.

The Ozzie thing was a different situation though. He was let go only because they had added one of the best goalies of his generation in Hasek. Howard alone isnt going to get you a top defender so it would have to be a package deal or your getting at best a #4 dman and we already have a bunch of those. I do agree with you that Coreau hasnt been that impressive. He looked good against Pittsburgh but pretty meh the other two games. It shows how much faith the coaching staff have in Mrazek at this point though that he got two starts right away after Howards injury. I also agree with you that everyone on the roster should be available except Hank. Hes more than earned his right to retire a Wing. The only way he should leave is if he wants to chase one more Cup and I would be ok with that. 

4 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

The Ozzie thing was a different situation though. He was let go only because they had added one of the best goalies of his generation in Hasek. Howard alone isnt going to get you a top defender so it would have to be a package deal or your getting at best a #4 dman and we already have a bunch of those. I do agree with you that Coreau hasnt been that impressive. He looked good against Pittsburgh but pretty meh the other two games. It shows how much faith the coaching staff have in Mrazek at this point though that he got two starts right away after Howards injury. I also agree with you that everyone on the roster should be available except Hank. Hes more than earned his right to retire a Wing. The only way he should leave is if he wants to chase one more Cup and I would be ok with that. 

in 08 we had both, Hasek and Ozzie, (different scenario than 02, but still, hated to see Ozzie go) and although he was the second goalie, Ozzie was the one to carry the team to that cup. About howard, that's what I said, I know he won't get us much, specially with that contract, that's why, if a trade were to happen, it should be on a package.

I think we're pretty much on the same page here, different phrasing though ;)

I think it's not unreasonable to entertain two ideas: 1) Mraz is our future, or 2) we have two average keepers with flashes of brilliance, but who will be nothing more than that. Neither should be "untouchable", but most likely one has to go. A choice just needs to be made.

it would've been be a smart move a month ago. now petr's value is too low and howard is injured.

5 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

.. Howard alone isnt going to get you a top defender so it would have to be a package deal or your getting at best a #4 dman and we already have a bunch of those...

Neither will Mrazek. I'd say their value is comparable especially when Howard is injured and Mrazek sitting on the bench.

11 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

He has been struggling all his career with Wings. Sure, he had one or two great games but these, after all, seem rather a fluke. We have veteran goaltender in Howard and upcoming young backup who needs NHL experience.

7 hours ago, Gordie Howe hat trick said:

I know Puckloo and I are down for getting Hasek back for sure. :D

Dominik could still play, I have no doubt at all.  But he's really done this time, having too much fun doing other stuff in CZ.   I don't see Jimmy as untouchable, he's smart and knows this is just business.  Here's an issue I see with trading Jimmy this year, however.

I can't see dumping Mrazek, but he strikes me as too inexperienced and emotionally "young."   He can't handle the not-so-good team effort in front of him.   That is expecting too much, I think.  He might share a homeland, but Petr is no  Dominik Hasek.    He needs a solid number one in front of him to deflect the heat and pressure.  Legace played very well, with Dom to hide behind -- often happens with backups, when there is an elite goaltender as the top dog.  They don't always fare so well when they are in the hot seat.

I am not dissing Mrazek, I love the kid.  If you know me at all, the prospect of having another career, crazy CZ-goalie to love is almost more than I can stand.  But he isn't there yet.  That said, I love Coreau.  He's a good, BIG, solid goalie -- and he's the victim of the team in front of him, just as the other 'tenders have been.  Jimmy has an unfortunate tendency to get hurt seriously, when he's on a great run, statistically.  That aspect of his career will be his legacy (no pun intended), I am sorry to say.  Love me some Jimmeh, but it's probably not in the cards that he retires a Wing.  

Z must retire a Wing, however.  :wub:

11 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

11 hours ago, kylee said:

Coreau/Howard? Do you just want to dead last in the league? 

don't answer that 

I say we bring in Jorge Alves. Serves as both tender and equipment manager....2 birds 1 stone.

13 minutes ago, THATANK911 said:

I say we bring in Jorge Alves. Serves as both tender and equipment manager....2 birds 1 stone.

they better do it quick, before Blash decides to be our third goalie as well

Joking aside, what a great moment for him, living out a dream, if only for 8 seconds. Love the "hip, hip, Jorge!" hashtag, lol

Edited by NerveDamage