• Teemu Selanne
    • Ryan Getzlaf
    • Fulton Reed
    • Daffy Duck
    • Donald Duck
    • Duckman
    • Crisp Roast Duck (by popular demand)

1 minute ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Blashill has to go...  The season is more than likely lost at this point, give someone else a chance to at least turn things around a bit.

Don't be silly...Blashill will be getting a contract extension.

Just now, F.Michael said:

Don't be silly...Blashill will be getting a contract extension.

I have a friend who's uncle works in the press box (has for a long time).  If Blash keeps losing, he's out and Torchetti is in for the rest of the season at least.  Shake things up and get rid of Holland at the end of the season.  He is the main reason we're in this mess.  Illitch has to be pissed that THIS is the last season at the Joe and the team heading into the brand new complex.

Of course, how long does he have to lose for?

Meh, you're rarely going to win a game when you lose 2 Dmen for more than a period. The neutered offence is still a huge problem.

Bright side:

- Mrazek played well.

- Larkin was a boss in the faceoff circle: 78%. In his development as a center that was a problem at the beginning of the year. Just need to get him some wingers that he gels with (need to try AA there).

Next game: 

- get Ott the hell off the PP. Everyone knew this wasn't going to go well.

- AA back

- Call up replacement D (assuming at least one of the two is out). Is Sproul injured? Are we at Russo now in the depth chart or do we get to see Lashoff again?

I have a friend who's uncle works in the press box (has for a long time).  If Blash keeps losing, he's out and Torchetti is in for the rest of the season at least.  Shake things up and get rid of Holland at the end of the season.  He is the main reason we're in this mess.  Illitch has to be pissed that THIS is the last season at the Joe and the team heading into the brand new complex.

Of course, how long does he have to lose for?

Meh...I believe it when I see it.

A few more years, or more of Blashill behind the bench is my guess...Holland seems pretty indifferent right now so there's no urgency of making any changes. 

I think there will be a sense of urgency going into a new arena.  They need to sell tickets, and going into a new season being a .500 or less team is not going to fly with Illitch.  I just hope that if/when they do make moves, they don't overreact.

I think there will be a sense of urgency going into a new arena.  They need to sell tickets, and going into a new season being a .500 or less team is not going to fly with Illitch.  I just hope that if/when they do make moves, they don't overreact.

IMHO - there's no such thing of a 'overreaction'.

This team is stale - it needs to be tossed into the trash - Holland - Blashill - numerous players - all of it.

Start fresh...But we all know that it's not gonna happen - so like I said - expect the same for a few more seasons.