• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Bruins fire Claude Julien

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, Dabura said:

There's also the fact that we suck and are about to embark on what will probably be a long and painful rebuild. Mediocre though the Bruins may now be, the Wings don't have a Bergeron or a Marchand or a Rask. And, of course, should Ken Holland remain GM past this season (incredibly likely), you're going to have to be prepared to fall in line with The Red Wings Way. Holland gets two votes, Mike "Best coach in hockey" Babcock gets one.

EDIT: Ah, didn't see your latest reply.

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes but, with the right coach, the star power can be there.... Larkin used correctly, AA used correctly, Mantha used correctly, Kronwall and Ericsson OUT! Nyquist 4th line or pressbox...pick a damn goalie and maybe we can get some s*** turned in the right direction without tanking or breaking the streak!

I think you're both correct. Talent is there, but the new coach has to be able to use it like Blash can't seem to.

Coach that is afraid of a possible full on rebuild will avoid us.

Coach that wants to work within a storied original 6 franchise (similar to Babcocks motivations) will choose us.

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

The Wings aren't graced with All-Star talent, but what we do have is good enough to make the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with this. I think we're a bubble team that's playing like a basement team. My point was just that selling an established, big-name coach on the Wings would probably be difficult. And that's assuming Holland would even want an established, big-name coach in the first place. (Assuming we're stuck with Holland. Because of course we are.)

Julien is an elite coach, IMO. Bruins made a huge mistake.

1st CF%

1st xGF%

5th SCF%

30th Sh%

30th PDO

The puck luck will be in the Bruins' favor soon, and the new coach will be credited with that success. 

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

but what we do have is good enough to make the playoffs.

No, they don't. They're not better than a healthy Tampa team, Philly, Toronto, Boston, Healthy florida. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this team sucks.

Edited by shocky2002

38 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

1st CF%

1st xGF%

5th SCF%

30th Sh%

30th PDO

The puck luck will be in the Bruins' favor soon, and the new coach will be credited with that success. 

No, they don't. They're not better than a healthy Tampa team, Philly, Toronto, Boston, Healthy florida. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this team sucks.

Nobody cares.

Go away troll. 

59 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

1st CF%

1st xGF%

5th SCF%

30th Sh%

30th PDO

Don't listen to Kick. You are my favorite troll.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Don't listen to Kick. You are my favorite troll.

I'm a troll for pointing out that in Februray a bottom 7 team in the NHL is actually not very good, and unless they were injured/get a lot of good players back they are very unlikely to be playoff-bound?

Are you people utterly delusional or something?

Edited by shocky2002

10 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

I'm a troll for pointing out that in Februray a bottom 7 team in the NHL is actually not very good, and unless they were injured/get a lot of good players back they are very unlikely to be playoff-bound?

Go Away Troll

7 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

You guys need to stay on topic, or I'm banning the whole lot of you.  

Why not multitask? 

Julien got fired, Wings should look into getting him. I think he'd make this team a lot better than Blashill. I think he might be a better option than Hitchcock as Julien hasn't shown any indication of wanting to retire and has never recorded a losing season in all his seasons as an NHL coach. 

Shocky2002 is a troll (not a very good one), don't take the bait. 

Edited by kickazz

24 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Why not multitask? 

Julien got fired, Wings should look into getting him. I think he'd make this team a lot better than Blashill. I think he might be a better option than Hitchcock as Julien hasn't shown any indication of wanting to retire and has never recorded a losing season in all his seasons as an NHL coach. 

Shocky2002 is a troll (not a very good one), don't take the bait. 

Babcock said it best "(Julien being fired) is going to make someone very happy"

I hope that someone is us.

PS Shocky is a troll

Also, McGuirre told TSN that Bruins wanted to fire Julien at the end of last season, but feared Ottawa would hire him (they hired Boucher). If Boston was worried about a divisional rival picking up Julien, perhaps they know something we don't. That something being that Blashill is likely not being fired by Detroit anytime soon.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Also, McGuirre told TSN that Bruins wanted to fire Julien at the end of last season, but feared Ottawa would hire him (they hired Boucher). If Boston was worried about a divisional rival picking up Julien, perhaps they know something we don't. That something being that Blashill is likely not being fired by Detroit anytime soon.

Holland is too predictable now eh? 

2 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

No, we're just not constantly negative about this team.

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Holland is too predictable now eh? 

Pretty much. I don't think anyone expects Blashill to be fired. He can't do much worse with this team and still has his job. If he was going to be fired, it would have happened already.

I decided it is my Bruin hatred that is clouding my judgement of Julien.  We need to get someone that our younger guys will respond to.  Blashill is surprisingly not getting anything out of them after having coached most of them at one point.  I think he is afraid to step on the old boys toes or something and continues to play them.  If we want to go for the playoffs we need a coaching change and Julien is the best option.

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Why would Julien want to coach the Wings?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Not sure if you heard, but we're not the Florida Panthers. Original 6 franchises are attractive in this league, simple as that.

Sure we're not good at the moment, but everyone knows there's untapped talent on this team. Not like Julien is going to hold out for the BlackHawks coaching position or something. Bad teams need coaches, that's how that works.