• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckbags

Is anything safe anymore? Our beloved tradition *Mod warning post #94*

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

I don't know about fined, but it's kind of an outdated tradition.  

I don't mind killing animals to eat them as much, but Octopi are intelligent animals and throwing them on the ice seems wasteful. 

Out dated? People throw them on the ice every game pretty much. How does that make it out dated.  ?

In the generation to be offended by everything PETA has requested Wings fans be fined and banned for throwing Octopus on the ice.  

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1274623?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here is my idea then: throw PETA members on the ice

Best response would be to throw even more on the ice and make a big deal out of it.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Good for PETA.  Lame.

Perfect response from Ilitch would be no response.  Just say something after like "Looking back, it probably would have been a good idea to try to minimize the octopus throwing, but there just wasn't enough time with everything else going on."

I hope about 50 get thrown on the ice. What are they going to do ? Give us a bench minor?  Who cares at this point. 

we'll throw plastic squids then, PETA doesn't care about people so it safe to pollute with sh*t tons of plastic, like the rats in FLA.

I mean, have they picketted the fishing industry in the Great Lakes area before? I mean, these are already dead, and otherwise would get eaten... I guess. what do y'all MI'ganders do with them?

Anyways F**K PETA! two-faced pricks...

Check THIS out. just a lil something about them

Edited by NerveDamage

5 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Here is my idea then: throw PETA members on the ice

Best response would be to throw even more on the ice and make a big deal out of it.

I have never thrown an octopus, just never had any need or desire too... leave it to the pros I figure

but if we sold out our traditions to the busy bodies at PETA, I would start throwing them

13 minutes ago, kliq said:

This Sunday is going to be crazy IMO, I have a feeling they are going to be coming left and right.

We should have a contest. Whoever guesses closest to the actual number of octopi thrown on Sunday gets a prize, we just need a reasonable yet cool prize though

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We should have a contest. Whoever guesses closest to the actual number of octopi thrown on Sunday gets a prize, we just need a reasonable yet cool prize though

How about whoever guesses the correct number gets that number of dead chicken livers thrown on them?  It'll be cool, maybe even start a tradition.  I mean, get it? There's this relevant number (the correct guess) so we find some decaying animal matter (in this case chicken liver) that comes in the same number, and we throw it.  It'll be a hoot and also wildly symbolic. 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

How about whoever guesses the correct number gets that number of dead chicken livers thrown on them?  It'll be cool, maybe even start a tradition.  I mean, get it? There's this relevant number (the correct guess) so we find some decaying animal matter (in this case chicken liver) that comes in the same number, and we throw it.  It'll be a hoot and also wildly symbolic. 

I get it sarcasmo, you think the tradition is dumb. Do you wanna take a guess and hopefully get chicken livers thrown at you or what?

it would be hilarious if they were live chickens instead. Imagine Al and his crew trying to catch 'em with this playing along

and I totally get your point Kip, just entirely disagree with PETA. not in this matter particularly, but just how they conduct themselves in general.

Edited by NerveDamage

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I get it sarcasmo, you think the tradition is dumb. Do you wanna take a guess and hopefully get chicken livers thrown at you or what?

To be clear, I think that both the tradition as well as those PETA folks are EQUALLY dumb.  And I'm good on taking a guess.  There's not really any good reason why the convergence of dead animals and arbitrary (and outdated) numbers should have anything more than a fleeting, bemused, affect on my life.  But feel free, obviously you're really passionate about those things.  I suggest pickled pig's feet and the number 11.  And please, please, please, take pictures of whatever you get into. 

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

To be clear, I think that both the tradition as well as those PETA folks are EQUALLY dumb.  And I'm good on taking a guess.  There's not really any good reason why the convergence of dead animals and arbitrary (and outdated) numbers should have anything more than a fleeting, bemused, affect on my life.  But feel free, obviously you're really passionate about those things.  I suggest pickled pig's feet and the number 11.  And please, please, please, take pictures of whatever you get into. 

I'm just having fun man lol there's probably gonna be a lot of octopus thrown on Sunday, I'm guessing at least 10 bare min

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

a0250189be96850e53af5f042dff2a0aa3a3cda3

7 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

it would be hilarious if they were live chickens instead. Imagine Al and his crew trying to catch 'em with this playing along

and I totally get your point Kip, just entirely disagree with PETA. not in this matter particularly, but just how they conduct themselves in general.

Well, I'm not super old or anything, but I have been around the block once or twice.  Every so often PETA complains about something that A) nobody seems bothered by, or B) nobody cares enough to do something about.  And it's entirely meaningless.  It's literally just a bunch of suburban liberal dips***s crusading.  Which is fine.  I think it's good for people to care about stuff.  Even idiots.  But then all the traditionalist goofballs on the other side act like their livelihoods are being attacked because a handful of misguided and ineffectual goobers have stated their opposition to something that's never going to change.  The traditionists freak out, because change scares them only slightly less than different points of view, and they act all "from my cold dead hands"-ish about something that they spend 99.99% of their time not paying attention to. 

If PETA tries to set a farmers' cows loose, they should go to jail.  Likewise, if Red Wings fan start sacrificing live octopi before games, they should also go to jail.  Otherwise, both groups should go find something more productive to do with their time.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Well, I'm not super old or anything, but I have been around the block once or twice.  Every so often PETA complains about something that A) nobody seems bothered by, or B) nobody cares enough to do something about.  And it's entirely meaningless.  It's literally just a bunch of suburban liberal dips***s crusading.  Which is fine.  I think it's good for people to care about stuff.  Even idiots.  But then all the traditionalist goofballs on the other side act like their livelihoods are being attacked because a handful of misguided and ineffectual goobers have stated their opposition to something that's never going to change.  The traditionists freak out, because change scares them only slightly less than different points of view, and they act all "from my cold dead hands"-ish about something that they spend 99.99% of their time not paying attention to. 

If PETA tries to set a farmers' cows loose, they should go to jail.  Likewise, if Red Wings fan start sacrificing live octopi before games, they should also go to jail.  Otherwise, both groups should go find something more productive to do with their time.

Those PETA kids have just never felt the raw pleasure of stuffing sea-life down their pants in order to later throw at their favorite ice-maker-car driver guy

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well it is a new era starting soon. Perhaps we need a new tradition?

Maybe we can throw diapers on the ice in honor of all the whiny PETA babies?

how about we throw pineapples at the pizzarena. a lot of people would cringe about that

They used the wrong word.  Traditions, by their very nature, can't be outdated because you keep doing them for symbolic purposes.  Perhaps they should have said "irrelevant".  Throwing octopi on this ice isn't outdated, it happens every year.  But it's totally irrelevant given that it takes more than 8 wins to get a Cup nowadays.  It's just something people do because they've always done it, but it has no relevance to modern hockey at all.  I guess maybe it's symbolic of "Detroit-ness".  But so are Atwater beer and coneydogs, why not throw them on the ice?  And if we're dead set on the number 8 I think we should switch to hot dog buns.  Firstly, because it's cheaper.  Secondly, because hot dog buns have just as much relevance to hockey as octopi do.  Which is to say, zero relevance. 

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

how about we throw pineapples at the pizzarena. a lot of people would cringe about that

Whoa! I think you're on to something.  The traditional large pizza has EIGHT slices!  And seventy years ago it took EIGHT wins to hoist the Cup.  Is the universe trying to tell us something?  This is cosmically significant!