• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2017 WCSF: Anaheim Ducks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Rate this topic

That tying goal was... questionable to say the least. I just gave no clue what logic these refs are using when deciding what is and isn't a goal. I guess it's mostly the timing and situation of the goal that matters the most to the NHL. If that was edmontons 4th goal in the 2nd period it would have been waved off definitely

That game reminded me of the Wings collapse against LA in 2001, game 4.  I remember going to sleep when we were up 3-0 and being in for the shock of my life the next afternoon when they showed highlights on espn.  :confused:

This series is why I can't stand the NHL's marketing.  Instead of rigging it to help Edmonton and their young phenom, they're rigging this series to help Anaheim for some reason.  Two goalie interference calls that were missed.  That dirtbag Kesler was laying on the ice holding on to the goalie's right pad.

They got a lot of help against Calgary as well on that comeback of theirs in a crucial game 5 I believe. Overruled high sticked goal that was a huge reach to determine it was conclusive enough to over turn the original call. Makes no sense to call these plays goals with the consistency of disallowed plays in the season. Then theirs these random goals that stand for no real reason. Situational officiating. When it's a big goal in a pivotal moment they go as far as they can to let it stand

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I still hate the Ducks from 2007...Hope the Oilers can pullit off...Although either team will probably lose to the Preds.

Yeah probably. But I think the Oilers would go closer to 7 games and the ducks may get swept. 

31 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

preds are coming out of the west i say its nash vs pit final pens sadly win in 6

I agree, but I do think NSH is the only team right now that can beat PIT.

Oh, and the pick Dallas got for Eaves is now bumped up to a first rounder with Anaheim reaching the Conference Final and Eaves playing in at least half the games (7 of 11). 

Edited by chaps80

The more boring team, with the more boring stadium, and the most boring uniforms in the league won.  

Good job NHL.  Who gives a crap about marketing your future best player in the world?  

Edited by GMRwings1983

21 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The more boring team, with the more boring stadium, and the most boring uniforms in the league won.  

Good job NHL.  Who gives a crap about marketing your future best player in the world?  

Are you suggesting the league should have fixed it so Edm could win?

4 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Are you suggesting the league should have fixed it so Edm could win?

Well, that's what the other sports leagues do, so yes.  Are you suggesting sports games don't get fixed, including hockey? 

6 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

They sure fixed the refs in that game 7 so Cindy could win in '09 !! 

Don't even get me started on that.  I'm doing my best to block out that year.  So many bad things not only with that series, but the entire playoff season.  I don't want to get on a rant, so I'll stop now.

48 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dreger reporting that Eberle will likely be available at the draft. Oilers clearing space in anticipation of a huge McD contract.

What?  You mean McDavid is not being traded to the Wings?  Where's Peter Pocklington when we need him?

Edited by GMRwings1983