• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kliq

2017 Opening Day Roster

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is either of their names Anthony Mantha by any chance?

Nope! Mantha gonna clap bombs across this league. Take that to the bank, cash it, and buy a Mantha sweater with it.

krsmith17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nope! Mantha gonna clap bombs across this league. Take that to the bank, cash it, and buy a Mantha sweater with it.

My last jersey purchase was Larkin. My next will definitely be Mantha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see my last on my pic. My next will be of a defender. I would very much like it to be Rasmus Dahlin.

BadgerBob likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DickieDunn said:


People knew the same thing about Pulk, and knew Dekeyser was going to be a good top pair D.

Sent by my minions via telepathy
 

Who?  Jon Snow?  That guy knows nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will have approximately $6.2M in cap space after Franzen is placed on LTIR, with 10 forwards (Zetterberg, Nyquist, Nielsen, Mantha, Larkin, Abdelkader, Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, Witkowski), 8 defensemen (Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley Green, DeKeyser, Jensen, Ouellet, Sproul) and 2 goaltenders (Howard, Mrazek) on the active roster. That's a total of 20 of the typical 23-man roster. RFA's Tatar and Athanasiou need to be re-signed, which will likely cost between $7-7.5M. That combine with the addition of one more forward from Grand Rapids would put us approximately $2M over the salary cap. Either a trade is going to need to be made, or someone else (Kronwall / Ericsson) is going to have to end up on LTIR. Without any other moves made, I'd like to see something like this...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha
Tatar - Larkin - Athanaisou
Helm - Nielsen - Frk
Abdelkader - Sheahan - Glendening
Witkowski

Daley - Green
DeKeyser - Jensen
Ouellet - Sproul
Ericsson / Russo

Mrazek
Howard

LTIR
Franzen
Kronwall

LeftWinger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh boy... Your lines seems reasonable and with some minor random variation is what we will field come puck drop I believe. And that is depressing. I am having a hard time finding a team in our division we can topple on paper.

Yes, reality is not paper and we will squeeze an unexpected win here, a Mrazek-saved/Howard-saved game there. But we are in dire straits and I suspect this season might be the worst in terms of wins in 35 years.

With that said, all isn't bad. We have Larkin, Mantha and AA. This year we'll see how they've progressed and they are certainly exciting to watch. Finally with some luck we get a top 2 pick, resulting in either Dahlin (my clear pick, would pay from my own pocket to get him) or Svechnikov, a win-win would that scenario come true. One can dream. Soon enough that's all we got.

Edited by Jacksoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Oh boy... Your lines seems reasonable and with some minor random variation is what we will field come puck drop I believe. And that is depressing. I am having a hard time finding a team in our division we can topple on paper.

Yes, reality is not paper and we will squeeze an unexpected win here, a Mrazek-saved/Howard-saved game there. But we are in dire straits and I suspect this season might be the worst in terms of wins in 35 years.

With that said, all isn't bad. Wiith some luck we get a top 2 pick, resulting in either Dahlin (my clear pick, would pay from my own pocket to get him) or Svechnikov, a win-win would that scenario come true. One can dream. Soon enough that's all we got.

I think a LOT would have to go right for us to get close to the playoffs this year, but I don't think we're going to finish bottom 5 in the league or last in the division. Florida has gotten significantly worse, and I don't see Buffalo or Boston being much (if at all) better than us on paper either. Last season was our worst in over 25 years, and I don't think we will finish with less than 79 points this season. Virtually every player (aside from Zetteberg) had down years last year. If the majority of the team can show even a slight improvement on this past season, we're going to be a better team. That, along with the continued natural progression of the young guys, and I think we will see a spike of at least 10 points in the standings. I'd love to get one of Svechnikov or Dahlin, but I think we'll have to get lucky in the draft lottery to have a chance at one of them.

kliq likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The fan in me hope you are right. I do agree that many of our players under performed last year. However subjectively I do not see that changing this year, once again allowing for local variation, as in some may blossom and others decline. But that equates to guessing. I don't have enough data to justify a peak, nor dip collectively.

The strategian in me does not hope you are right. If we won't make the playoffs, finishing in the lower middle of the pack gives us the worst (of non-playoff teams) to land one of the generational talents that are coming up in the next years draft.

If we won't make the playoffs I would prefer us being in the lower echelon with a realistic top 5 pick. With that said I would take a vacation and stock the fridge with beer if we were to be back in the race come April.

Edited by Jacksoni
krsmith17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Blashidiot doesn't change his approach they might end up with the best odds in the lottery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tatar  Zetterberg  Mantha/Witkowski
Helm  Nielsen  Nyquist/Witkowski
Abdelkader  Larkin  Athanasiou/Witkowski
Sheahan  Glendening  Witkowski/Witkowski

DeKeyser  Daley/Witkowski
Kronwall  Green/Witkowski
Ericsson  Jensen/Witkowski

Howard/Witkowski
Bryzgalov

PP1
Witkowski
Abdelkader  Zetterberg  Helm
Kronwall

PP2
Sheahan
Witkowski's Father  Trevor Thompson  Witkowski's Mother
DeKeyser Witkowski

Edited by Dabura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, krsmith17 said:

We will have approximately $6.2M in cap space after Franzen is placed on LTIR, with 10 forwards (Zetterberg, Nyquist, Nielsen, Mantha, Larkin, Abdelkader, Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, Witkowski), 8 defensemen (Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley Green, DeKeyser, Jensen, Ouellet, Sproul) and 2 goaltenders (Howard, Mrazek) on the active roster. That's a total of 20 of the typical 23-man roster. RFA's Tatar and Athanasiou need to be re-signed, which will likely cost between $7-7.5M. That combine with the addition of one more forward from Grand Rapids would put us approximately $2M over the salary cap. Either a trade is going to need to be made, or someone else (Kronwall / Ericsson) is going to have to end up on LTIR. Without any other moves made, I'd like to see something like this...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha
Tatar - Larkin - Athanaisou
Helm - Nielsen - Frk
Abdelkader - Sheahan - Glendening
Witkowski

Daley - Green
DeKeyser - Jensen
Ouellet - Sproul
Ericsson / Russo

Mrazek
Howard

LTIR
Franzen
Kronwall

I'd be ok with this, but its absolutely imperative that someone goes on LTIR along with Franzen or someone gets dealt.

krsmith17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dabura said:

Tatar  Zetterberg  Mantha/Witkowski
Helm  Nielsen  Nyquist/Witkowski
Abdelkader  Larkin  Athanasiou/Witkowski
Sheahan  Glendening  Witkowski/Witkowski

DeKeyser  Daley/Witkowski
Kronwall  Green/Witkowski
Ericsson  Jensen/Witkowski

Howard/Witkowski
Bryzgalov

PP1
Witkowski
Abdelkader  Zetterberg  Helm
Kronwall

PP2
Sheahan
Witkowski's Father  Trevor Thompson  Witkowski's Mother
DeKeyser Witkowski

 

I don't know, Trevor Thompson seems like more of the net front presence type.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd replace Sheahan in front of the net with Thompson and put Sheahan on the left circle right where Ovechkin likes to sit. Otherwise it looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, Thompson should be the QB. This way he can control the play, feed Mr. and Mrs. Witkowski as he sees fit.

"Mr. Witkowski, How does it feel to something something Michigan something something?"

"Mrs. Witkowski, Did you ever imagine your son something something brand new building something something Michigan something something?"

"Mr. Witkowski, Would you say this is a dream come true something something Michigan something something?"

"Mrs. Witkowski, How special is this something something brand new arena something something in front of all these people something something Michigan?"

If that doesn't work, roll out the Michigan 5:

Abdelkader
Witkowski  Glendening  Larkin
DeKeyser

Much patronize. Very pander. So grit. A lot Michigan. Very character. So parents.

Edited by Dabura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, amato said:

Why stop there? We should have ALL Michigan born players. Greatest state on God's green earth! 

Good idea, with the current NHLers from Michigan, what roster could you put out ? Would it be able to get in the post season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Good idea, with the current NHLers from Michigan, what roster could you put out ? Would it be able to get in the post season? 

Abdelkader - Kesler - Rust

Connor - Larkin - McCarron

Boucher - Copp - Watson

Porter - Glendening - Condra

Motte - Tropp

 

Werenski - Trouba

Martinez - Krug

DeKeyser - Petry

Greene

 

Miller

Hellebuyck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Abdelkader - Kesler - Rust

Connor - Larkin - McCarron

Boucher - Copp - Watson

Porter - Glendening - Condra

Motte - Tropp

 

Werenski - Trouba

Martinez - Krug

DeKeyser - Petry

Greene

 

Miller

Hellebuyck

 

Ok, we'll just go for that all michigan defense then :P 

TheXym and krsmith17 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compare that to an all Ontario team...

 

Seguin - McDavid - Stamkos

Tavares - Scheifele - Giroux

Perry - Thornton - Spezza

Couture - Monahan - Marner

Nash - Duchene - Hoffman

 

Pietrangelo - Burns

Subban - Doughty

Fowler - Ekblad

Giordano - Hamilton

 

Murray

Talbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Compare that to an all Ontario team...

 

Seguin - McDavid - Stamkos

Tavares - Scheifele - Giroux

Perry - Thornton - Spezza

Couture - Monahan - Marner

Nash - Duchene - Hoffman

 

Pietrangelo - Burns

Subban - Doughty

Fowler - Ekblad

Giordano - Hamilton

 

Murray

Talbot

We can take em! We've got the intangibles on our side! :D 

 

Real talk: wow, that's gross haha 

krsmith17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, amato said:

We can take em! We've got the intangibles on our side! :D 

Real talk: wow, that's gross haha 

Haha I think Ontario's 2nd team would beat Michigan's team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0