• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

2017 Opening Day Roster

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Haha I think Ontario's 2nd team would beat Michigan's team...

To be fair, Ontario is what? 1/3 of Canada's population? Maybe even a little more? And Michigan is probably less than 5% of the U.S. population :P 

but yeah you're probably right.. maybe Michigan could beat Ontario team 3 

21 minutes ago, amato said:

To be fair, Ontario is what? 1/3 of Canada's population? Maybe even a little more? And Michigan is probably less than 5% of the U.S. population :P 

but yeah you're probably right.. maybe Michigan could beat Ontario team 3 

True, but that's not a very accurate comparison either. Canada also has about 1/10th the population of the U.S. There's not a huge difference between the population of Ontario (13.6M) and Michigan (9.93M).

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

True, but that's not a very accurate comparison either. Canada also has about 1/10th the population of the U.S. There's not a huge difference between the population of Ontario (13.6M) and Michigan (9.93M).

That's a fair point too I suppose. I do feel like the hockey talent is a little more spread out (obviously in addition to a little thinner) in the US vs Canada though was my main point. Still crazy the amount of talent that comes out of one section of the country for sure though. 

Edit: can anyone tell it's the off season?? :P  

Edited by amato

22 minutes ago, amato said:

That's a fair point too I suppose. I do feel like the hockey talent is a little more spread out (obviously in addition to a little thinner) in the US vs Canada though was my main point. Still crazy the amount of talent that comes out of one section of the country for sure though. 

Edit: can anyone tell it's the off season?? :P  

Not only is it the offseason, it's prime off-season... Nothing happens in late July - August... :glare:

Maybe Quebec is a more fair comparison to Michigan? Quebec has a population of 8.2M.

Huberdeau - Bergeron - Drouin

Mantha - Perrault - Marchessault

Perron - Stastny - Pominville

Ribeiro - Brassard - Burrows

Vermette - Duclaire

Vlasic - Letang

Demers - Chabot

Despres - Savard

Beauchemin

Crawford

Fleury

Luongo

13 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

I'm sure population comes into play to an extent, but isn't the pull/influence for U.S. kids to play other sports (vs. hockey being #1 in Canada) the main factor?

Absolutely. Hence why Canada is FAR superior to the U.S. in everything, including hockey... :tounge2: kidding...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Not only is it the offseason, it's prime off-season... Nothing happens in late July - August... :glare:

Maybe Quebec is a more fair comparison to Michigan? Quebec has a population of 8.2M.

Huberdeau - Bergeron - Drouin

Mantha - Perrault - Marchessault

Perron - Stastny - Pominville

Ribeiro - Brassard - Burrows

Vermette - Duclaire

Vlasic - Letang

Demers - Chabot

Despres - Savard

Beauchemin

Crawford

Fleury

Luongo

As expected, pretty solid. I do like that Michigan defense a little better though ;) 

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

New numbers for opening day

b9bh52npgsaz.jpg

Well, Sproul took Vanek's 62 so that might be more of a sign that he won't be back for anyone that was holding out hope. I didn't think that was a possibility - especially with our cap situation - but there was some mention around the forum.

And now we have XO (61) Sproul (62) _____, ______, DK (65) and I think Lindstrom's number is 66. Is Holland finally getting our defence in order? 

8 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Well, Sproul took Vanek's 62 so that might be more of a sign that he won't be back for anyone that was holding out hope. I didn't think that was a possibility - especially with our cap situation - but there was some mention around the forum.

And now we have XO (61) Sproul (62) _____, ______, DK (65) and I think Lindstrom's number is 66. Is Holland finally getting our defence in order? 

Larkin (71) Athanasiou (72) Rasmussen 73?

Honestly, Vanek has worn 26 more than any number. He took 62 here because Jurco already had 26. Similar with Hossa, who always wore 18 until he came here and took 81 because Maltby. When Vanek returns, he'll wear 26. :P

Edited by LeftWinger

Honestly, I hate high numbers. 83 looks horrible. There are plenty of low numbers available for these guys. Larkin shoukd be in 17, AA in 18. Dekeyser should be 27. There is 20, 22, 23, 26, 29. 2 is open now. 11 is open. That's plenty of normal numbers available without having to grab obscure crazy ones.

Btw, I think when Ras gets here he'll grab Kronners #55.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, I hate high numbers. 83 looks horrible. There are plenty of low numbers available for these guys. Larkin shoukd be in 17, AA in 18. Dekeyser should be 27. There is 20, 22, 23, 26, 29. 2 is open now. 11 is open. That's plenty of normal numbers available without having to grab obscure crazy ones.

I see 69 is still open ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Cholowski was 2 in training camp. I love that number for a defenseman. He would have some big shoes to fill with that number though... :tounge2:

20 minutes ago, kliq said:

In all seriousness, is anyone in the NHL #69? Or has there ever been?

2 Players 

Player Team(s)

Mel Angelstad Washington Capitals (04)

Andrew Desjardins San Jose Sharks (11, 12)

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Doug Glatt is the only player whoever wore it. Was hoping Riley Big Snake would for us but alas...

Robin Big Snake would have been a trip in that jersey.  

How about 00 , 

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski was 2 in training camp. I love that number for a defenseman. He would have some big shoes to fill with that number though... :tounge2:

Yeah, wasn't #2 Ogie Ogelthorpe jersey number? 

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

As far as large numbers go 77 is probably my favorite. Surprised it hasn't been taken yet.