Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Trades can still be made after the deadline. But it would be non playoff teams participating, as a playoff team giving up assets to get a player they can’t use in the playoffs doesn’t make any sense. Once playoffs begin and as teams drop out they can also get involved in trades. If Holland decides after the regular season that he isn’t qualifying him, he can still get something for him, but the amount of teams that will take him on is decreased.  

Unless trades can be done with all 31 teams in the short time between the end of the Finals and free agency? Not sure of that one.

Yes, but the market is even smaller and the return likely to be even less, if we could get anything at all even. If we're looking to trade him after the deadline, it would most likely be because we don't plan on qualifying him, which would mean that if a team was interested they could just wait for him to become UFA. Probably not going to be much in the way of competition for him. More like trading UFA rights than a RFA.

Again I say we need to commit to qualifying him if we're going to pass on any reasonable offer. 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Maybe dangles was. I wasn't. You lumped together both posts under an assumption. He asked why AA was being benched, I answered it. Doesn't really matter to me which game specifically. He was benched.

Maybe he was getting his games confused when he asked the question? How do I know?  Doesn't mean that I can't respond in a constructive way without being condescending. I was more interested in addressing the concern as opposed to looking for an opportunity to convince everyone how smart I am by insulting someone else. My mistake.

Yeah, you didn't understand the question so you answered it incorrectly. I gave the correct answer. I used the same phrasing you did, Mr. Pot, so if mine was insulting so was yours. 

Seriously though, don't be so sensitive. I get that you don't like me, and that's fine. I don't like anyone here. No big deal. I wasn't trying to be insulting until you got all offended by me simply answering a question. Maybe you believe correct answers and accurate information don't matter; I think it does. But I don't care if providing them means some precious flower's petals get bruised.

So suck it up, kiddo. Not planning to stop. I hope insulting me and attacking my motivations (rather than actually debating what I say) makes you and the rest of the gang feel better. Hope you don't feel like hypocrites or anything.

1 minute ago, Buppy said:

Yes, but the market is even smaller and the return likely to be even less, if we could get anything at all even. If we're looking to trade him after the deadline, it would most likely be because we don't plan on qualifying him, which would mean that if a team was interested they could just wait for him to become UFA. Probably not going to be much in the way of competition for him. More like trading UFA rights than a RFA.

Again I say we need to commit to qualifying him if we're going to pass on any reasonable offer. 

Yeah, you didn't understand the question so you answered it incorrectly. I gave the correct answer. I used the same phrasing you did, Mr. Pot, so if mine was insulting so was yours. 

Seriously though, don't be so sensitive. I get that you don't like me, and that's fine. I don't like anyone here. No big deal. I wasn't trying to be insulting until you got all offended by me simply answering a question. Maybe you believe correct answers and accurate information don't matter; I think it does. But I don't care if providing them means some precious flower's petals get bruised.

So suck it up, kiddo. Not planning to stop. I hope insulting me and attacking my motivations (rather than actually debating what I say) makes you and the rest of the gang feel better. Hope you don't feel like hypocrites or anything.

Yes you were :lol:

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

I like you

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's meth. Do you really wanna smoke meth?

If it makes me think those trades are possible, sure.

5 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Trades can still be made after the deadline.

Um, what?  Not until the offseason.  Hence the name DEADLINE

14 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Must respectfully disagree...If any rival wants either of our netminders - hell - they can have them.

Sure, give away assets. Makes sense...

Whether you believe in Mrazek or not, trading him for a mid round draft pick would be poor asset management. Unless of course, Holland has already decided that he's not going to re-sign him. That too, would be a mistake. Let Mrazek play the remainder of this season, and make a decision in the offseason.

There's no rush.

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

So Mrazek is an 'asset' because he's played well these past few weeks?

Howard is what he is - 'hot', and 'cold', and injury prone.

I know I consume more alcohol than what I should, but am I missing sumthin here?

Yes, Mrazek is an asset, but not because he's played well these past few weeks. Every single player, prospect and pick are considered assets. Mrazek is no different. It's just a matter of opinion what he's worth. I think today he's worth more than a mid round draft pick. I think in a few years we could look back and really regret such a trade. And for what? A 3rd round draft pick? You know what the odds are in getting a player of equal or better value than Mrazek around 80th overall? Slim to none. So why make the trade? We don't need the cap space. We don't have a young stud being blocked from coming up. Why not hold onto Mrazek for the remainder of this season, see how he plays down the stretch and make a decision in the offseason? People forget that he just turned 26 last week, which is relatively young for a goaltender. I'm not saying he will be elite or anything, but if he can be a legitimate starter / stop gap while we're waiting on the next big thing (Petruzzelli, Larsson, or whoever), that's a hell of a lot better option than Howard in my opinion. But whatever, unfortunately I think Mrazek gets traded very soon (maybe today)...

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Everything would be a lot easier with a 'crystal ball' :lol:

I'm all for draft picks these next 3 draft classes...More the merrier.

Sure - Mrazek could turn it around, but I won't hold my breath.

Holland has been signing guys outta loyalty, and it's seeing us at the cap ceiling...No need to add another contract in Mrazek if he's gonna demand more $$$  this off season...He's simply not worth it.

Best get sumthin now than nothin later.

Draft picks are great if they're first or second rounders, but anything beyond that, it's a complete crap shoot.

Sure - a 3rd round draft pick could turn out 4 years from now, but I won't hold my breath...

You don't give assets away, which is what you originally suggested, for mid to late round draft picks, unless you're trying to get rid of the player. We got a 6th rounder for Kindl two years ago, because we wanted to move on, and there was a log jam on defense. Sure, it's good that we got Reilly Webb for a player we didn't want, but the chance of him ever becoming a full time NHLer, is slim to none. Is Mrazek really on the same level as Kindl? We just want to get rid of him? That's absurd...

I disagree with the bold. I'd personally rather hold on to him for the next few months and make a decision this summer, than trade him now for a 3rd round pick. But again, IF the organization has already given up on him, I guess it would be wise to get whatever they can get. I just disagree with the decision to give up on him...

51 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

...I'd personally rather hold on to him for the next few months and make a decision this summer, than trade him now for a 3rd round pick. But again, IF the organization has already given up on him, I guess it would be wise to get whatever they can get. I just disagree with the decision to give up on him...

But if you hang on to him and he plays poorly down the stretch, we might not get even a 6th rounder. I'd be OK with qualifying him to give ourselves until next deadline, but I'd also be fine with a 3rd. Wings have 15-20% success rate with 3rd/4th-rounders.

7 minutes ago, Buppy said:

But if you hang on to him and he plays poorly down the stretch, we might not get even a 6th rounder. I'd be OK with qualifying him to give ourselves until next deadline, but I'd also be fine with a 3rd. Wings have 15-20% success rate with 3rd/4th-rounders.

And that's a chance I'd be willing to take. I don't see why we should be in any rush to move Mrazek. I'd rather keep him. If he plays well down the stretch, we qualify him this summer. If he plays poorly, we let him walk. Losing out on a 3rd round pick is well worth taking the chance on Mrazek (continue) turning it around in my opinion.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, Mrazek is an asset, but not because he's played well these past few weeks. Every single player, prospect and pick are considered assets. Mrazek is no different. It's just a matter of opinion what he's worth. I think today he's worth more than a mid round draft pick. I think in a few years we could look back and really regret such a trade. And for what? A 3rd round draft pick? You know what the odds are in getting a player of equal or better value than Mrazek around 80th overall? Slim to none. So why make the trade? We don't need the cap space. We don't have a young stud being blocked from coming up. Why not hold onto Mrazek for the remainder of this season, see how he plays down the stretch and make a decision in the offseason? People forget that he just turned 26 last week, which is relatively young for a goaltender. I'm not saying he will be elite or anything, but if he can be a legitimate starter / stop gap while we're waiting on the next big thing (Petruzzelli, Larsson, or whoever), that's a hell of a lot better option than Howard in my opinion. But whatever, unfortunately I think Mrazek gets traded very soon (maybe today)...

Is that what top 4 puck movers go for these days?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Draft picks are great if they're first or second rounders, but anything beyond that, it's a complete crap shoot.

Sure - a 3rd round draft pick could turn out 4 years from now, but I won't hold my breath...

You don't give assets away, which is what you originally suggested, for mid to late round draft picks, unless you're trying to get rid of the player. We got a 6th rounder for Kindl two years ago, because we wanted to move on, and there was a log jam on defense. Sure, it's good that we got Reilly Webb for a player we didn't want, but the chance of him ever becoming a full time NHLer, is slim to none. Is Mrazek really on the same level as Kindl? We just want to get rid of him? That's absurd...

I disagree with the bold. I'd personally rather hold on to him for the next few months and make a decision this summer, than trade him now for a 3rd round pick. But again, IF the organization has already given up on him, I guess it would be wise to get whatever they can get. I just disagree with the decision to give up on him...

First bold, everything outside of the top 10 is a crap shoot

Second bold, yup

16 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Don't we have to qualify him for $4 million?

This kid has to be moved. Holland would be an all star for getting a 3rd rounder out of him.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

And that's a chance I'd be willing to take. I don't see why we should be in any rush to move Mrazek. I'd rather keep him. If he plays well down the stretch, we qualify him this summer. If he plays poorly, we let him walk. Losing out on a 3rd round pick is well worth taking the chance on Mrazek (continue) turning it around in my opinion.

For $4 million?? Yall have gone out of ur damn minds

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Um, what?  Not until the offseason.  Hence the name DEADLINE

Trades can be made after the deadline, but then the traded players can’t play for the nhl team until the following year. It’s happened before but is very rare and is never roster players being traded. (Haven’t fact checked the roster players part but I feel pretty confident about it) 

I'm torn on Mrazek.  It all depends on if you think his recent play is what  you're going to see going forward.  If so, I think qualifying him is a no-brainer and you try to move Howard.  If not, you try to move him and let him walk if you can't, draft a couple goalies this year or trade for a good prospect, and use stop gaps like Howard until a rookie is ready.

7 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I'm torn on Mrazek.  It all depends on if you think his recent play is what  you're going to see going forward.  If so, I think qualifying him is a no-brainer and you try to move Howard.  If not, you try to move him and let him walk if you can't, draft a couple goalies this year or trade for a good prospect, and use stop gaps like Howard until a rookie is ready.

I would understand this logic if his qualifier was a standard near $1 million amount that most RFA's get, but it's $4 million freakin dollars...

This guy strong-armed Holland at arbitration for the first $4 million and then totally embarrassed Holland and the organization by completely dropping the ball. You really think they're even considering handing him another $4 million?

The kid is gone. He's been gone for a while.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs