• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kid had a big year for the Lloydminster Blazers last year. 16 pts in 28 games during the regular season, but then had 4 goals in 5 playoff games. All bombs from the point. Kid steps up in big games.

I'm on board.

Interesting rumor:

Friedman says on his 31 thoughts that the Islanders Ilya Sorokin (great young goalie) is trying to force a trade that takes him to a different team with less goal tending depth. Wants to go to a team in need of starter. Wants to be THE guy.

Well if anyone is afraid of drafting Askarov, we look like a prime destination for a young Russian goalie like this. Sorokin is 24 and has been absolutely crushing the KHL since he was 20.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Interesting rumor:

Friedman says on his 31 thoughts that the Islanders Ilya Sorokin (great young goalie) is trying to force a trade that takes him to a different team with less goal tending depth. Wants to go to a team in need of starter. Wants to be THE guy.

Well if anyone is afraid of drafting Askarov, we look like a prime destination for a young Russian goalie like this. Sorokin is 24 and has been absolutely crushing the KHL since he was 20.

Jesus his KHL numbers are crazy good. 

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Interesting rumor:

The Isles kind of owe us a Russian goalie.

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Keep going

I'm almost finished

Islanders will add a pick

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Isles kind of owe us a Russian goalie.

Did Nabokov ever actually play for them?

I want to remember that he refused...

36 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Islanders will add a pick

Did Nabokov ever actually play for them?

I want to remember that he refused...

He did. Refused at first but eventually caved. Played like over 100 games for the Isles.

Would be interesting alternate history if they didn't claim him on re-entry waivers. I could see the Wings running Nabokov/Mrazek and trading off a prime Jimmy Howard. Or they run Howard/Nabokov and Mrazek actually gets seasoned nicely in the AHL instead of being rushed up and getting a big contract too quickly.

Pretty sure Vanek and Wizniewski aalso refused to play for the Islanders. The Garth Snow days were some dark days on long island

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Interesting rumor:

How have I never heard of this guy? This would (could) be an amazing get for this team... C'mon Yzerman, make it happen!

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Start spreadin' the news......

I'm leavin' today...

Don't wanna be a part of it, New York, New York...

These vagabond blades...

Are longing to skate...

Straight from the hockey part of it, New York, New York...

I wanna play in a city that doesn't get beat....

Where hockey is king, top of the heap...

These Ranger Blues, are fading away...

I'll make a brand new start of it outside New York...

If I can't make it there, then trade me somewhere...

It's up to you, New York....

Neeeeeeeeewwwwwwww Yooooorrrrrrrkkkkkk!

So.....as always, take this with a grain of salt, but I just got finished talking to my friend (the one who told me Yzerman was pretty much already running the team before he was hired) and he told me his source on the team (training staff) that Blashill will be gone VERY SOON, if not within DAYS and Dan Bylsma is going to be the new HC.  He did say the his source didn't know if it was going to be on an interim basis, or permanently. HE also said that Yzerman is a supporter of Bylsma, so that could factor in.  Again, it's my friend who is very close with a trainer for the team. Take it as you may.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So.....as always, take this with a grain of salt, but I just got finished talking to my friend (the one who told me Yzerman was pretty much already running the team before he was hired) and he told me his source on the team (training staff) that Blashill will be gone VERY SOON, if not within DAYS and Dan Bylsma is going to be the new HC.  He did say the his source didn't know if it was going to be on an interim basis, or permanently. HE also said that Yzerman is a supporter of Bylsma, so that could factor in.  Again, it's my friend who is very close with a trainer for the team. Take it as you may.

LInes up with what these guys were saying https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-detroit-red-wings-gm-steve-yzerman-fire-jeff-blashill/apowell/detroit-red-wings-news/12/31/2019/216605/

Not hard to believe something has to happen.  I doubt the way they were playing losing by 4 goals what seems like every night was not making one former Captain known for playing his heart out happy. 

But Bylsma is the creator of our dismal PP correct?