• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

It is a ridiculous amount of cap space, and I hope Yzerman puts it to good use. A lot of teams will be handcuffed with the flat cap and expansion draft. Take full advantage. Take on some bad contracts, trade for players that teams don't want to lose for nothing to Seattle, sign short-term, low salary contracts that can be flipped in the next two years. Basically just continue what Yzerman has been doing. 

good idea

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It is a ridiculous amount of cap space, and I hope Yzerman puts it to good use. A lot of teams will be handcuffed with the flat cap and expansion draft. Take full advantage. Take on some bad contracts, trade for players that teams don't want to lose for nothing to Seattle, sign short-term, low salary contracts that can be flipped in the next two years. Basically just continue what Yzerman has been doing. 

This is exactly right (for a change)...  :yahoo:

21 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Servalli says Avs and Leafs are going hard after Darcy Kuemper

Roster freeze is 48 hours away

Do something Stephen

It's nuts how tight Yzerman runs his operation. You almost never hear a rumor of him doing anything. Until BAM!!! he trades for Brendan Perlini  

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm well aware of the Red Wings mountain of cap space. That doesn't mean we should waste it. And signing Hyman to a $5M, 7 year contract would be wasting it in my opinion. That's a contract that will not age well. Do we really want to be entering our playoff / Cup window, needing to shed another bad contract? I have absolutely zero interest in Hyman (or any of the other guys you mentioned), unless any of them are willing to come here on the cheap (and preferably short-term)... Hyman (and none of the other guys you mentioned) are going to do that with a rebuilding team...

We have our own Hyman - it’s lil’Bert and truth be told I would prefer him to work out a deal so he’s around for a handful more seasons.

3 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Works hard, respects the system, former DLark teammate...

Plus Luke Hughes is gonna need a fellow small hat to protect him from goys like Greiss...

Oh I wouldn't mind the guy for a couple years, but he's about ta get PAID

15 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

You really can't move on can you?

Anyhooooooooo Friedman says we're pursuing Hyman. Ya know the dude who wants like $6x7.

LOL says the guy that brings up Smith or Jurco in every other thread...

Friedman doesn't know s***. Pure speculation. Yzerman is not signing Hyman. Unless he's willing to come here short-term at a significantly lower cap hit. Not going to happen. Otherwise he'd just stay in Toronto...

3 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

You know more than Friedman. Keep the quotes coming.

It was slightly tongue in cheek... Friedman is one of the better insiders out there. I was more so implying that no one knows what Yzerman is doing. I obviously don't think I know more than Friedge, or anyone else in hockey circles. However, I believe Yzerman when he says he's not looking to acquire older players on long term contracts. Hyman makes zero sense for the Wings right now...

1 hour ago, Wings3:16 said:

Ugh please don't give Buster Hymen 5+ years

He bled quite a bit the first time he got poke checked.

53 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Not from Yzerman he didn't.

35 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

11-large.jpg

Here's a nice photo of Hyman's dresser. Plenty of U of M memorabilia, and that Hamilton Red Wings award catches the eye...

He also has a degree in history and is a award winning author. Doesn't hurt for a real academic type to be near the resources of his alma mater...

I don't even wanna know how you got this picture. Glad this is an anonymous forum.

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

No, probably not. Those offers gotta be from Holland, CGY and VAN, the supposed front runners.

All the other teams require him seriously uprooting his life and family. He wouldn't have to do that in Detroit, and he has connections to Detroit already. The message from Yzerman should be you're wanted here, but you're not getting $6x7 here. Maybe $5x5?

Some of the concern here should be for guys like Bertuzzi and Vrana. They're gonna be watching whatever deal Hyman takes - and especially if it's in Detroit - like a hawk. Hyman has to give up term and cash if he wants to be here.

I wouldnt even do 5 years. Too many upcoming forwards to fit onto the roster. SY should be focused on 1 and 2 year deals for UFA forwards.

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Okay

Moving on...

Zach Hyman obviously spent 4 years living in Ann Arbor, Michigan while playing for UofM. At least one of his brothers also went to UofM, I'm unsure about the others, but it's likely they all did due to legacy stuff. Hyman got loads of awards during his time at UofM for all kinds of junk, athlete of the year, academics, charity, ect... he's honestly one of the more decorated athletes to come out of that school. His time in Michigan was good to him, and he was good to that school. He probably very likely considers Michigan a home away from home. I know I would say that about my alma mater... and my school didn't award me s*** besides an expensive degree.

He was also with his now wife all through college. So she likely either attended UofM as well, or was at least lived in the area with him.

He and his wife both have deep connections to the Toronto area... Detroit is a logical choice if you want to stay close by.

His father and brother are also the president/GM/coach of the Hamilton Ontario Red Wings. That's a loose connection I know, but it probably doesn't hurt your marketing to have the son and brother of pres/Gm/coach of the Hamilton Red Wings playing for the Detroit Red Wings.

It also doesn't hurt that your former teammate and friend from college is the captain of said Detroit Red Wings.

It also is oddly suspicious that Todd Reynolds is the agent for both Hyman and Tyler Bertuzzi. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but Bertuzzi being rumored to Leafs and Hyman to Detroit... there's connection there, if only an insignificant one.

What I'm saying is Zach Hyman may not be Yzerman's first choice. But the Detroit Red Wings may be Zach Hyman's first choice. Prep your bung holes boys.

$5 says Hyman is signing with the CBJ.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

And I agree, even x5 isn't ideal for us. Just hard to look a gift horse in the mouth and not try to come to some agreement and make it work. I'd even be partial to saying throw $6.5 for 3 years at him, if we didn't also have to negotiate with Bertuzzi and Vrana on the nearing horizon.

May not be in the cards for us if he doesn't come down. Some of the offers these teams are giving him are bonkers. He'd be crazy not to take them.

Hyman is UFA, Bert and Vrana are RFA. That's a whole different level of contracts. 

yeah i'm a pass on hyman with so many teams interested. if we were closer to contending, and still lacked forward depth, i might be interested. but i don't think he's long term deal good.. i think he benefits from playing with good linemates in toronto more than his linemates benefit from playing with him. if he gets 6-8 years on his next contract, he'll be a future buyout candidate. 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:51 PM, LeftWinger said:

Hyman is UFA, Bert and Vrana are RFA. That's a whole different level of contracts. 

They have one RFA year left. Contracts will be similar, as with both you're still paying for mostly UFA years.