• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

What an ignorant thing to say.  Especially since history has shown that the Pens can win (and usually do against the Caps) and Washington usually chokes in the playoffs.  Sorry if people basing their prediction on historical facts offends you.

The Pens have played way more hockey than anyone over the past few years and with Malkin and Hagelin out, Ovechkin being on fire, the revenge factor for the Caps coming into play, this is as good as it'll get for the Caps.  

Ignore him, he's the board troll.

I, for one, or not for one, am hoping this is the year Ovi and the Caps eliminate Sid. Not only to block the 3-peat, but even if they weren't defending champs. It's almost like it's their time. Outside of his current contract, I don't see Ovi playing too much longer in the NHL, they better win soon or trade the guy somewhere.

Remember when the Wings and Yzerman were labeled chokers? We were easily one of the favorites for about 5 years before we actually won it. I am rooting for him!

Edited by LeftWinger

My picks for Round 2:

Nashville in 7

San Jose in 6

Boston in 7

Pittsburgh in 6

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

San Jose is young, fast, and hungry.  Won't be surprised at all to see them win it all.

I remember when they used to say that about me.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

My picks for Round 2:

Nashville in 7

San Jose in 6

Boston in 7

Pittsburgh in 6

I remember when they used to say that about me.

f*** I forgot to make mine. Seeing how I'm late, i'll go with

SJ in 7

WSH in 7

TB in 6

NSH in 6

Detroit in 6

Avs in 7

Blues in 5 

Devils in 5

Blues will probably beat Avs, I'm optimistic about us beating the Devils in 4 or 5 games. If Osgood shows up, we beat Blues. If not, that's basically it for the dynasty and Holland needs to go. I don't know how true it is but I've heard that Bowman's voice is starting to get stale. 

Edited by kickazz

28 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

B's stomp Lightning. Weird goal scored on Rask when his blade comes off his skate and then he waves it around like a Twizzler. Then he pulls a Tonya Harding broken skate lace impersonation.

giphy.gif

someone needs to pull a Tonya Harding impression on the pens.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That was Jeff Galooli (sp?). Anyway, add this one to the draft thread. WHY???WHY???

Ya, him and his goon did it, but I have no doubt Toyna knew...

anyhow, ya, this would've been a good gif if Chicago had gotten #1!

On 4/16/2018 at 4:33 AM, kylee said:

It’s going to be hard to not cheer for VGK considering their Cinderella story season- even if Tatar isn’t helping them lol. 

But if Vegas makes it to the final 4, the pick we get from them is going to be worse.

Where did Nashville and Winnipeg find all these right-handed shots? 

It feels like our GM has spent the last 12 years looking for a right-handed shot who can actually shoot and these two teams are loaded with such players.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

31 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

It feels like our GM has spent the last 12 years looking for a right-handed shot who can actually shoot and these two teams are loaded with such players.  

Where do u think Nashville got one of theirs?

16 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The Wings hate right-shooting forwards. They've only recently warmed to right-shooting defensemen. I blame Samuelsson.

As long as the Pens and Vegas don't go any further thats all that matters to me. Sullivan's rant about the officiating after Game 2 was ******* hilarious. I hope they get f***ed for once, they've had a lot of help over the years.

15 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

As long as the Pens and Vegas don't go any further thats all that matters to me. Sullivan's rant about the officiating after Game 2 was ******* hilarious. I hope they get f***ed for once, they've had a lot of help over the years.

Yeah it's pretty easy to win Stanley Cups when you're the only team who's allowed to have 7 players on the ice.