• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Henrik Zetterberg has Retired

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Witness the holy trinity

dennis-cholowski-michael-rasmussen-9-19-

And have you noticed that only 3 numbers (1, 2, 7) are used between them? There must be a conspiracy here somewhere.

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Nyquist may be re-signed in July,  but only after he is traded at the deadline...

UNless it's for a haul like Tatar's, I don't see him getting traded. And I am OK with that. He's young enough to keep around thru a rebuild and old enough to be a leader/mentor.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

UNless it's for a haul like Tatar's, I don't see him getting traded. And I am OK with that. He's young enough to keep around thru a rebuild and old enough to be a leader/mentor.

There will be teams interested in Nyquist, and although I highly doubt a team will overpay as much as Vegas did last season for Tatar, I still think he'll garner at least a 1st round pick. I love Nyquist, but not trading him would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Close to what? What we get for Tatar? I agree. A first round pick? I disagree.

Yeah, to what we got for Tatar.  A first rounder would be nice... but I'm somewhat skeptical.

Guess it depends on his season - which will be a question mark w/ Z gone.

2 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Looks pretty good for a baby beard.

Z is staying in Detroit until the full transplant surgery is complete and Larkin has the Zetterbeard. The transplant will be fully complete just in time for  Larkin's Conn Symthe winning penalty kill ...too much to ask for?

Well fine I will just take Larkin becoming a leader in the mode of Stevie, Nick and Hank...

On 9/27/2018 at 4:12 AM, krsmith17 said:

Weird... I could have sworn I wanted to see him play one more season...

Sure, his game hasn't been quite at the level it once was, but he was still a very effective player the past few seasons. There's no real reason to believe if he had played, his game would have dropped off much more from this past season. I think he would have still put up around 50 points. That along with his leadership on and off the ice would have been invaluable to the young players.

He was also only 40 points away from the 1000 point plateau. It would have been pretty special to see him hit that mark.

To say that you didn't want to see him play one more season is very confusing to me...

Just wondering if you still feel the same after this season's start and a preview of what's to come.  Do you think Zett would want to play on a team that is heading for a 20-62 season?

46 minutes ago, RedWingsRox said:

Just wondering if you still feel the same after this season's start and a preview of what's to come.  Do you think Zett would want to play...?

Yes.

47 minutes ago, RedWingsRox said:

...on a team that is heading for a 20-62 season?

No.

Not sure what you mean ... yes or no.  I am 99.9% sure that Zett would not want to play on this team and in a season like this.  And I don't want to see him play or further injure his back ... what for?  This?  Another few million?  Go and enjoy life with your hot wife.  

14 minutes ago, RedWingsRox said:

Not sure what you mean ... yes or no.  I am 99.9% sure that Zett would not want to play on this team and in a season like this.  And I don't want to see him play or further injure his back ... what for?  This?  Another few million?  Go and enjoy life with your hot wife.  

Two words.  Golf.  Golf.