• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Henrik Zetterberg has Retired

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Look at you, acting like you never left us for hfboards. *sobs uncontrollably* go be with flashy and the others :bye2:

In the spirit of full disclosure, I’ve never set foot on hfboards THANK YOU VERY MUCH. 

So if there’s someone Bettying it up over there they’re a GD IMPOSTER. :nono: 

I just took a Hockey Break (tm). 

Detroit Red Wings, unlike Zetterberg, I CAN’T QUIT YOU. 

10 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

Come on, man.  Even if you did call it first and you weren't saying it for 3 years... does any of that actually matter?  Oh man, we're never going to see the heart and soul captain of the team, a guy that we've watched play for 15 years that we all wanted to see play another season and hit 1,000 points, etc. etc. .... we're not going to get to see him play again.... but, LeftWinger told us so, so.....what?

Did I imagine this or did someone post on here somewhat recently that she died?  Or was that some kind of inside joke that I didn't get because I'm not on here regularly enough?

Rest easy, my dude—I’m still kickin’. 

I think?

7 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

Come on, man.  Even if you did call it first and you weren't saying it for 3 years... does any of that actually matter?  Oh man, we're never going to see the heart and soul captain of the team, a guy that we've watched play for 15 years that we all wanted to see play another season and hit 1,000 points, etc. etc. .... we're not going to get to see him play again.... but, LeftWinger told us so, so.....what?

Did I imagine this or did someone post on here somewhat recently that she died?  Or was that some kind of inside joke that I didn't get because I'm not on here regularly enough?

No, it was just a stupid joke.

Actuall, BoS wasn't RIP she was getting ripped in the offseason.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I told you.

The way people in the know we're talking just didn't sit right. They always talked about his back and his surgery, but never did they sound so positive that he might be done. Never did they put out there that he may not play again.

It's over. And dispute it all you want, the amount of money Larkin got had Everything to do with Z's health. They found out behind closed doors and then gave Larkin more money. I am positive that there was two deals on the table. With Z and without. Anyhow, thanks for the years Z! You were one of the best! #40 to the rafters!

Still waiting for all the people in the know who were talking about Z being done to come out and say that Larkin got paid more because of it. Oh wait, they haven't. Cuz it didn't happen.

40 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

Rest easy, we watched Yzerman for more years and never got to see him score 700 goals, when we all wanted him to play another season to do so. We'll get over it and watch the new Captain get 1000 points (or very close to it.) Its time for the kids.

29 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Still waiting for all the people in the know who were talking about Z being done to come out and say that Larkin got paid more because of it. Oh wait, they haven't. Cuz it didn't happen.

You can believe what you want, but they are indeed related. Larkin had said he wants a contract that doesn't hurt the team. Why on Earth would he allow his contract to put the team over the cap (If Z was playing) and force them to make the team worse by handcuffing them? I fully believe there were two contract offers on the table he was going to sign, one with Z, one without. There is nothing anyone can say that can deter me from that. Larkin wanted to sign a deal that allowed them to ice a team that would be better, not make them waive or trade someone. Anyhow, you will think otherwise and I can see your point too, but you refuse to even think for a moment that my theory has ZERO possibility. Thats fine, I can respect that. Doesn't mean you or I am correct.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, barabbas16 said:

No i said that about crl. Because he is, and Jonas is spoofing his account. 

2 hours ago, BottleOfSmoke said:

In the spirit of full disclosure, I’ve never set foot on hfboards THANK YOU VERY MUCH. 

I think?

Im sorry then. I could have sworn I saw you there. Flashy is for sure. I just am do emotional what with the hot flashes and all. 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

... but you refuse to even think for a moment that my theory has ZERO possibility. Thats fine, I can respect that. Doesn't mean you or I am correct.

I'm pretty sure he would readily admit that your theory has ZERO possibility. Your theory is impossible. Even your own subconscious knows it.

It's not impossible to think there was two offers.

But nevermind. None of it matters because all along Z was done. Fact.

8 minutes ago, Buppy said:

I'm pretty sure he would readily admit that your theory has ZERO possibility. Your theory is impossible. Even your own subconscious knows it.

Ya, that didn't sound right when i read it, oh well. My position is known.

43 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's not impossible to think there was two offers.

Two offers is not impossible. What is impossible is Larkin giving away one of his prime earning years just to save the team from having to waive Frk.

The way things are going, that 6th year you'd expect him to play for free is likely worth $8 million+. And you really think he would give that up to save a guy who still probably won't crack the top-12 and ,barring an unexpected breakout, likely has no future here.

This is great!

Just now, Buppy said:

Two offers is not impossible. What is impossible is Larkin giving away one of his prime earning years just to save the team from having to waive Frk.

The way things are going, that 6th year you'd expect him to play for free is likely worth $8 million+. And you really think he would give that up to save a guy who still probably won't crack the top-12 and ,barring an unexpected breakout, likely has no future here.

Meh, like I said, doesn't matter really. He is signed, Z is retired. I don't want to turn this thread into a Larkin discussion. I'm happy for both. Z will be missed, much like all of our past Red Wings.

4 hours ago, BottleOfSmoke said:

I think?

*condolence butt pats*  

Great career, lots of highlight reel moments, perfect time to retire.   

Any chance he can put on a jersey on opening night, participate in the warm up skate, get out on the ice one more time so the fans can give him a proper farewell?

Edited by RedWingsRox

https://www.nhl.com/news/maple-leafs-react-to-henrik-zetterberg-leaving-hockey/c-300135754?tid=277548856

Zetterberg's influence on Matthews came from Toronto Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock, who coached Zetterberg in Detroit from 2005-15. Matthews spent hours during his rookie season of 2016-17 with Babcock watching videos of the Red Wings center.

15 years just came and went.

His storied career will rank right up there with Captain, Lids and Pavs. I hope he enjoys his time off and perhaps once Stevie returns, maybe there will be a job offer. We really need to retain some of these guys to keep that level of committment, culture and excellence going and to guide the young men coming up in what it means to wear the Winged Wheel. 

Once the puck drops in 2 weeks, it will really hit home that he is gone. I am really choked up writing this.

Thank you Hank. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The article says that Z is going on LTIR, not retiring. Two totally different things, especially when it comes to roster status and cap ramifications.

Because it's an ongoing injury he is able to go on ltir in lieu of "retirement" he will officially retire after his contract expires.