• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, amato said:

Some RFAs that didn't get qualifying offers and are now set to hit UFA tomorrow, that could be of interest to the wings (per an athletic article):

Pius Suter, 0.5ppg potential middle six center, CHI 

Nick Ritchie, big bodied LW, BOS 

Dominik Kahun, good offense/bad defense center, EDM 

Ondrej Kase, RH shot RW who has offensive upside but also has had concussion issues, BOS 

Ryan Donato, center with offensive upside but has bounced around the league a lot, SJ

Of the five, Suter and Ritchie are the most interesting to me. Kase too, but the concussion issues are obviously scary. Given that these guys are all 25 years old, I imagine we'd at least check in with a few of them. 

Suter could be a good fit behind Larkin. Former linemate of Bertuzzi and Fabbri in Guelph...

Just now, marcaractac said:

Canes gonna lock up DeAngelo

You knew someone would. He's too good to judge him based on politics. I can guarantee with the money these NHL players make, they are more conservative than liberal anyhow.

But he is a great player, I wish Detroit had shown interest.

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Canes gonna lock up DeAngelo

As I guessed earlier. Canes done great with defensemen and no reason to think this wont be a hit. 

Could this be an indication that it doesnt look good for them on the re-signing Hamilton front?

31 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why wouldnt Chicago confirm that MAF even wants to play for them before acquiring him? 

Didn't cost them anything. Gotta figure they have a better shot at getting him to play when the trade is already done. 

8 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I have a hard time with this pile on. The kid admitted a mistake he has paid for it, he has done the time etc. We give everyone else a break/second chance. That CNN guy that was jacking off on Zoom in front of colleagues is back on the air. Yet this 17/18 old kid with his whole life/career who said he did wrong doesn't catch a break? I think Marc choosing him was huge and I think the kid is going to be Sunday School clean for a long time and bust his ass to reward the faith in him. Plus Habs will have someone working with him etc. 

As expected it's hip for the media ******-bags and adult children to all hop about the fake outrage train.

The musk of Bergevin strikes again!

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Happy UFA Day!

I'm really hoping for Pius Suter and some cap acquisition. 

I'm hoping we pry a first rounder from LA or Vancouver in a deal involving Bert. Either team can very likely finish bottom 10. 

7 minutes ago, mackel said:

No sizzle for us today :crybaby:

I expected Gagner back. Solid veteran depth.

But yeah, likely (hopefully not) no(t much) sizzle for us today...

Add another veteran LHD to battle with DeKeyser for third pairing minutes, and that's about it, besides our RFA's and Glendening...