116 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

http://www.mlive.com...itch_for_r.html

Can we please put this to bed now? Also, those myopic posts about Holland not doing his job... Yea, you can't dance if you don't have a partner, no matter how much you try...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

I wonder how many points Nash would have playing on Datsyuk's wing compared to who his linemates were in CBJ.

esteef

I wouldn't expect him to improve his #'s much at all. If he was a sniper he'd benefit from a set-up guy like Datsyuk but he likes to carry the puck more than shoot it and I don't think he'd have the type of chemistry you'd want with Datsyuk.

Nash played with some of the best players in the world during the Olympics and his numbers sucked, I don't buy the excuse that his lack of production is the fault of his linemates.

He is what he is...a sub 80 pt player that collects way too big of a paycheck.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Can we please put this to bed now? Also, those myopic posts about Holland not doing his job... Yea, you can't dance if you don't have a partner, no matter how much you try...

Yeah I was reasonably confident from the get go that him coming here was very unrealistic, and now it's pretty much confirmed that he won't be a Red Wing. It sounds like Holland is doing everything he can to land a forward besides holding a GM hostage at gunpoint and demanding a trade.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Pipedream for Nash is correct. Thank goodness. However in NHL 2013 it's a REAL possibility.

#5 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

I was really disappointed to see this. I'm actually NOT going to "put this to bed" though. If the Wings offer is the best he's getting and will get, he'd be an idiot not to reconsider. Then again... this IS the CBJ GM we're talking about.

#6 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

What did Kenny offer I wonder? Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 3 first rounders, & $15m in cash? :sarcasm:

Last I've heard, Howson's asking for 2 NHL proven forwards along with prospects/picks. So what do we think, the offer was Flip, Mule, Nyquist, & next years 1st rounder?

#7 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Surprising, really. With the defenseman UFA market so weak now, I thought for sure Holland would put everything he had into a trade for a defenseman and a UFA forward signing instead of the other way around. If we throw everything and the kitchen sink at a forward, we'll have nothing left to trade for a top defender.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#8 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Surprising, really. With the defenseman UFA market so weak now, I thought for sure Holland would put everything he had into a trade for a defenseman and a UFA forward signing instead of the other way around. If we throw everything and the kitchen sink at a forward, we'll have nothing left to trade for a top defender.

I was thinking that too, unless Holland was making a pitch trying to land Nash up front and Johnson for the back end...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#9 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Yep, this just puts to rest what most of us already knew. No way Nash gets traded to Detroit no matter what's on the table.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#10 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Offer should be:

Franzen (or Flip), Eaves (or Miller), Tatar (or Nyquist), 1st rounder

But I don't think that Nash gets traded to Detroit
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#11 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think Holland knows we have a hole to fill at power forward, so it's not surprising he made a respectable offer for Nash. Franzen and Bertuzzi, who should fill that role, are like big teddy bears out there half the time. I'd bet Holland is now working OT to trade for Bobby Ryan.
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#12 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

It is clear Columbus has no intention of trading the face of its franchise to the team it considers to be its top rival, a Detroit club that has dominated the Blue Jackets since they entered the NHL in 2000-01.

It's funny we keep hearing this, like Detroit is the ONLY team that has dominated Columbus... And that is WITH Rick Nash.

It's like Howson is saying "I'm not trading Nash to Detroit, then they might beat us" ;)

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#13 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

What did Kenny offer I wonder? Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 3 first rounders, & $15m in cash? :sarcasm:

Last I've heard, Howson's asking for 2 NHL proven forwards along with prospects/picks. So what do we think, the offer was Flip, Mule, Nyquist, & next years 1st rounder?

I think that price is very high for Nash.

Let me expand on this a bit.

Why give up the 50 points that Franzen puts up, along with the 50 points that Flip puts up, along with the 30 points that Nyquist will put up this season, and a first rounder for a player that will probably get only 80 points this season?

Edited by Nightfall, 18 July 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#14 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

I think it's fair to say that the Jackets aren't going to trade with us. Time to move on to Bobby Ryan
IPB Image

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Well, Howson is a f***in idiot....he is an idiot if he thinks he will get Nash moved for more. He will get less from the other.5 teams...lets move on Ryan, right now!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#16 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Actually I think Holland knew he won't get Nash.
He sends a message that he's willing to overpay if he's interested ;)

#17 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to add cash in a trade? Like it says above give columbus a player and like 15million cash? I've never heard of anyone who has done that.

If it's possible it might be time for Mr. I to bring out the big wallet... ;)

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,140 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Not really a surprised. Trading your franchise player to a division rival doesn't exactly happen very often.

As I said before, hockey strategy aside it's just bad marketing. If you think Columbus fans are unhappy with the team now, imagine how they'd feel if they traded Nash to the Wings. There'd be a riot.

#19 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to add cash in a trade? Like it says above give columbus a player and like 15million cash? I've never heard of anyone who has done that.

If it's possible it might be time for Mr. I to bring out the big wallet... ;)

Can't add cash to deals under the current CBA. The reference to Carson, Gelinas, 1st rounders, & cash was what LA traded to Edmonton for Gretzky i.e. joking that Howson thinks he's trading The Great One.

#20 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

I think that price is very high for Nash.

Let me expand on this a bit.

Why give up the 50 points that Franzen puts up, along with the 50 points that Flip puts up, along with the 30 points that Nyquist will put up this season, and a first rounder for a player that will probably get only 80 points this season?

Well - the way I see it...Franzen is most likely on the decline...Fillpula will go back to being a 35 to 40 point guy...Nyquist could be a 30 pt guy - then again he could shock us all, and become a 60 to 70 pts guy.

Why not make a trade for a guy who'll ride on Datyuk's wing, and possibly get 40 plus goals, and 80 plus pts?

To me it's high risk - high reward.

'Evolution' created by Offsides