• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Red Wings make "helluva" offer for Nash, no response

Rate this topic

I wonder how many points Nash would have playing on Datsyuk's wing compared to who his linemates were in CBJ.

esteef

I wouldn't expect him to improve his #'s much at all. If he was a sniper he'd benefit from a set-up guy like Datsyuk but he likes to carry the puck more than shoot it and I don't think he'd have the type of chemistry you'd want with Datsyuk.

Nash played with some of the best players in the world during the Olympics and his numbers sucked, I don't buy the excuse that his lack of production is the fault of his linemates.

He is what he is...a sub 80 pt player that collects way too big of a paycheck.

http://www.mlive.com...itch_for_r.html

Can we please put this to bed now? Also, those myopic posts about Holland not doing his job... Yea, you can't dance if you don't have a partner, no matter how much you try...

Yeah I was reasonably confident from the get go that him coming here was very unrealistic, and now it's pretty much confirmed that he won't be a Red Wing. It sounds like Holland is doing everything he can to land a forward besides holding a GM hostage at gunpoint and demanding a trade.

http://www.mlive.com...itch_for_r.html

Can we please put this to bed now? Also, those myopic posts about Holland not doing his job... Yea, you can't dance if you don't have a partner, no matter how much you try...

I was really disappointed to see this. I'm actually NOT going to "put this to bed" though. If the Wings offer is the best he's getting and will get, he'd be an idiot not to reconsider. Then again... this IS the CBJ GM we're talking about.

Surprising, really. With the defenseman UFA market so weak now, I thought for sure Holland would put everything he had into a trade for a defenseman and a UFA forward signing instead of the other way around. If we throw everything and the kitchen sink at a forward, we'll have nothing left to trade for a top defender.

Surprising, really. With the defenseman UFA market so weak now, I thought for sure Holland would put everything he had into a trade for a defenseman and a UFA forward signing instead of the other way around. If we throw everything and the kitchen sink at a forward, we'll have nothing left to trade for a top defender.

I was thinking that too, unless Holland was making a pitch trying to land Nash up front and Johnson for the back end...

Guest RedWingsDad

I think Holland knows we have a hole to fill at power forward, so it's not surprising he made a respectable offer for Nash. Franzen and Bertuzzi, who should fill that role, are like big teddy bears out there half the time. I'd bet Holland is now working OT to trade for Bobby Ryan.

It is clear Columbus has no intention of trading the face of its franchise to the team it considers to be its top rival, a Detroit club that has dominated the Blue Jackets since they entered the NHL in 2000-01.

It's funny we keep hearing this, like Detroit is the ONLY team that has dominated Columbus... And that is WITH Rick Nash.

It's like Howson is saying "I'm not trading Nash to Detroit, then they might beat us" ;)

What did Kenny offer I wonder? Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 3 first rounders, & $15m in cash? :sarcasm:

Last I've heard, Howson's asking for 2 NHL proven forwards along with prospects/picks. So what do we think, the offer was Flip, Mule, Nyquist, & next years 1st rounder?

I think that price is very high for Nash.

Let me expand on this a bit.

Why give up the 50 points that Franzen puts up, along with the 50 points that Flip puts up, along with the 30 points that Nyquist will put up this season, and a first rounder for a player that will probably get only 80 points this season?

Edited by Nightfall

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to add cash in a trade? Like it says above give columbus a player and like 15million cash? I've never heard of anyone who has done that.

If it's possible it might be time for Mr. I to bring out the big wallet... ;)

Not really a surprised. Trading your franchise player to a division rival doesn't exactly happen very often.

As I said before, hockey strategy aside it's just bad marketing. If you think Columbus fans are unhappy with the team now, imagine how they'd feel if they traded Nash to the Wings. There'd be a riot.

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to add cash in a trade? Like it says above give columbus a player and like 15million cash? I've never heard of anyone who has done that.

If it's possible it might be time for Mr. I to bring out the big wallet... ;)

Can't add cash to deals under the current CBA. The reference to Carson, Gelinas, 1st rounders, & cash was what LA traded to Edmonton for Gretzky i.e. joking that Howson thinks he's trading The Great One.

Not really a surprised. Trading your franchise player to a division rival doesn't exactly happen very often.

As I said before, hockey strategy aside it's just bad marketing. If you think Columbus fans are unhappy with the team now, imagine how they'd feel if they traded Nash to the Wings. There'd be a riot.

Of what, all 200 of them?

It doesn't happen very often but it seems to happen to the Wings...

Look when we landed Chris Chelios in 1999, It may not happen, but it certainly can...

I don't know what Howson is asking for but we are talking about a guy who has a career high of 79pts. Hasn't scored more than 41 goals. Hasn't scored more than 33 in the last 3 years. Has never won anything....etc...Don't get me wrong he would be a welcomed addition for the scoring punch...but I think Howson may be high on the magic fungus if the thinks he's getting the world for this guy.

I stil say we hold the trump card in Filppula when it comes to acquiring Ryan... I still think Howson is an idiot, but I guess he doesn't want Franzine either...do you blame him?

BTW, :clap: to Holland this off season, for attemtpting everthing we've been complaining about him NOT doing the last 4-5 years... He is trying...