• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

in 2-3 years, sure. More talent the better. Mrasek still has one more year he can play and should, in GR. At tha point Howard is down to his final 4 years. At some point a transition could very well happen. GREAT! For us.

Mrazek still has another year, and I think he should play down there... I just wonder about the back-up situation in Detroit. Gustavsson seems like he enjoys being in Detroit, but wants term. Whoever the Wings grab, it needs to be a one-year deal. Mrazek, Paterson and Coreau can work in GR - I'm not sure what they'll do with McCollum, but he was on an AHL deal, anyway. Weird idea, but if all else fails, maybe McCollum could back-up Howard for the season? I know it's an out-of-the-box idea, but he played well this season.

I don't think it would be the worst thing for Mrazek to back-up Howie and push him all year, but I can see the argument for development in the AHL.

Mrazek still has another year, and I think he should play down there... I just wonder about the back-up situation in Detroit. Gustavsson seems like he enjoys being in Detroit, but wants term. Whoever the Wings grab, it needs to be a one-year deal. Mrazek, Paterson and Coreau can work in GR - I'm not sure what they'll do with McCollum, but he was on an AHL deal, anyway. Weird idea, but if all else fails, maybe McCollum could back-up Howard for the season? I know it's an out-of-the-box idea, but he played well this season.

I don't think it would be the worst thing for Mrazek to back-up Howie and push him all year, but I can see the argument for development in the AHL.