• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

Gaborik doesn't have less goals than Cleary... And let me know when Cleary scores 30+ because Gabby will next year.

Is that before or after Gaborik's odds of his groin/hip/back not holding up?

Nightfall likes this

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings had no interest in a struggling Gaborik and his $7.5 million cap hit for next season.

Edit: my bad I have very little service in the tv studio.. Phone lagged posting that

Edited by amato

Lines when they make the playoffs

Abby-Dat-Mule

Flip-Z-Cleary

Tartar-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Sheahan-Tootoo

Kronners-Smith

E-Kindl

Deke-Q

And if it's not Helm then its Andersson

Like that 4th line

Would hate to see Datsyuk having to continue to try to put pucks off of Abdelkader's body in the playoffs

Trading Ville Leino for Mattais Backman isn't a good deal? Or how about trading matt Puempel for Tomas Jurco and Xavier Ouellett?

How about signing Brunner, or Dekeyser? Or signing Kronwall to a cheap 7 year deal?

I'm not saying he's been great. But some of these deals can look a lot better in a few years, he's not fleecing people like the Chelios trade days, but it's a different league now, not a lot of roster player for roster player type trades.

Who would be your choice going forward?

Brian Burke.

Sounds like the price tag for Vanek. Definitely an overpayment imo. However Gaborik should have been had for the price tag Columbus gave up.

Khan said the hold up for the Wings with Gaborik was the $7.5M cap hit next year.

Like that 4th line

Would hate to see Datsyuk having to continue to try to put pucks off of Abdelkader's body in the playoffs

Ya know ya gotta give Abby a chance. That shot a couple weeks ago is giving me a different feeling about him. It reminded me of a couple years ago when he went off in Nashville. He's got it all he's just got show it.

Brian Burke.

Man, I hope your not serious.I would give LGW two weeks before they completely hate that man.

Khan said the hold up for the Wings with Gaborik was the $7.5M cap hit next year.

Means KH has his eye on FA this summer and re-signing our current guys.

Brian Burke.

Awesome, Red Wing fans would love giving up the #2 overall pick. and #9 pick.

If you think Holland's made some bad trades, yikes.

Yes, the Kessel trade was bad; but he also fleeced the Flames for Phaneuf, got Lupol and Gardiner for Beauchemin; and though he's gone, his constructed Leafs team is a better team than Holland's Wings right now.

will anyone realy forgive Holland if he lets Flip walk now and get nothing this summer?

I bet he signs an extension. Not sure if everyone will agree with the amount but I don't see filp leaving

Means KH has his eye on FA this summer and re-signing our current guys.

Because holding on to that money for free agency has worked out so well for us in the past few years.

Dabura likes this

All the injuries are kind of irrelevant IMO, only Helm and Flipulla missing time hurt us, the rest are a bunch of useless bums.

So you're saying Zetterberg is a bum? :tounge:

Has anyone actually stopped and thought, "Oh, maybe New York and Buffalo didn't want to trade top players to a team within their conference/division?!"

Problem with this argument is the fact that your saying Rangers didn't trade us Gaborik because we will be in the East, ignoring the fact that CBJ will be in their division... Maybe they forgot lol

As I've said, I didn't really want Holland to make a deal for a playoff rental, but it is kind of comical that he says the same things year after year.

Not really comical, more retarded at this point.

On the plus side, if that post a few up about twitter is true, than I won $20 in a bet from my friend about how Holland would give the same bullsh*t "our guys coming back from injury are our aquisitions" that he says every single year like a f*cking broken record.

Trading Ville Leino for Mattais Backman isn't a good deal?

WHO?

Was that the nobody the got with the pick, cuz the other nobody Leino was traded for was Ole Kristian Tollefson. lol

Yes, the Kessel trade was bad; but he also fleeced the Flames for Phaneuf, got Lupol and Gardiner for Beauchemin; and though he's gone, his constructed Leafs team is a better team than Holland's Wings right now.

:hysterical:

will anyone realy forgive Holland if he lets Flip walk now and get nothing this summer?

I think the Wings strategy around Flip is to wait until FA starts with all the expected salary dumps due to the lower salary cap and let Flip find out that his salary demands will not be met by other teams in this tight fiscal environment. Then they offer him the $4 million and he signs.

Maybe since the League wants parity, other teams don't want to trade with the Wings since we've won enough already?

Edit: It's a conspiracy!

Edited by Barrie

WHO?

Was that the nobody the got with the pick, cuz the other nobody Leino was traded for was Ole Kristian Tollefson. lol

Mattias Backman is one of our top defensive prospects, he's a 6'2, 20 year old playing in the SEL. He's got a ton of upside, and the hype train is just starting.

I think the Wings strategy around Flip is to wait until FA starts with all the expected salary dumps due to the lower salary cap and let Flip find out that his salary demands will not be met by other teams in this tight fiscal environment. Then they offer him the $4 million and he signs.

agree i just hope he doesnt demand 5 million because thats overpayment

Mattias Backman is one of our top defensive prospects, he's a 6'2, 20 year old playing in the SEL. He's got a ton of upside, and the hype train is just starting.

So we should see him around 2019

anthonyn66 likes this