• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

That's what I'm saying.

Get him to understand that hes here to show he deserves to be moved up when we lose alfredsson next year, then he can have the minutes. Unless he doesn't pan out, in which case trade him.

It just makes me wonder what teams actually threw at him, and why he's waiting.

I heard the Devils didnt want to go above 2.5 mil per.

anyone else find it funny that we have a thread discussing a players contract negotiations that has more pages than the player has games played.

funny but untrue,,, he has 58 games inckuding playoffs (yes those do count too)

I heard the Devils didnt want to go above 2.5 mil per.

source?

That's what I'm saying.

Get him to understand that hes here to show he deserves to be moved up when we lose alfredsson next year, then he can have the minutes. Unless he doesn't pan out, in which case trade him.

dont think he is waiting....i think his agent gambled too much

dont think he is waiting....i think his agent gambled too much

Yep.

I get the feeling his agent was like "Dames, baby, you are the KING of the Swiss league! I can get you anything you want! Lets ask for 5 years at $4mil per. You are the Swiss league golden boy, its a shoe in!"

And then he hit the open market, and all the NHL teams just laughed at how ridiculous his asking price was...

Edited by vladdy16
Circumventing curse filter

Signings have quieted down across the board. He'll find himself an NHL team willing to give him what he wants before the start of camp, it just won't be the Wings.

Exactly. Hopefully there still aren't people out there holding onto hope that he'll re-sign. It's 100% for sure not happening. There isn't even a slight chance. Even if we do pull off a trade to dump some salary (doesn't seem likely at this point) Kenny will use that to sign No Knees Washed Up Dan Cleary, not Brunner. He would be a Red Wing right now if he would've lowered his asking price a little, and accepted a bottom 6 role with the potential to EARN a top 6 role, not just be handed the spot free and clear.

Guest The Axe

I'll second that on the source there Axle????????

Or did you hear that from good friend?

2 year term.

That's what I'm saying.

And with all the injuries and Babcocks musical line combos he would end up spending plenty of time in the top six throughout the season anyway.

I remember getting a funny feeling watching his locker room exit interview at the end of the season that he had already made up his mind to test the free-agent market. Anyone else see that little interview and get the same feeling?

Edited by T.Low

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Lamiorello say it at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Bueller?

ohhh! you mean eklund right? i don't know if i'd trust that then..

I heard it. If I read it, I'd post a link. But I heard it.

Do you have a source to prove that you heard it?

Most people in real life understand that "I heard..." means that you heard it in passing and that it should be taken with a grain of salt (or perhaps a boulder thereof), but this is the internet; if you claim to exist, they want your birth certificate.

Guest The Axe

Do you have a source to prove that you heard it?

Most people in real life understand that "I heard..." means that you heard it in passing and that it should be taken with a grain of salt (or perhaps a boulder thereof), but this is the internet; if you claim to exist, they want your birth certificate.

I know, right. Funny thing is I know 2 guys who are very well known in the NHL (one is a color guy and one is an assistant coach), but I didnt hear it from either of them. I heard it through a friend who lives in Jersey and works in a law office. Go figure.

I heard it. If I read it, I'd post a link. But I heard it.

Several people have asked for a source and you just ignore them. Now you've "heard" it. I "heard yzerman and lids are coming out of retirement and will be back this year. No source I just "heard" it

Guest The Axe

Several people have asked for a source and you just ignore them. Now you've "heard" it. I "heard yzerman and lids are coming out of retirement and will be back this year. No source I just "heard" it

If you dont trust me, Im ok with that. Im not seeking approval from you.

Brunner simply just isnt worth what he wants.

If you dont trust me, Im ok with that. Im not seeking approval from you.

Brunner simply just isnt worth what he wants.

It's not about seeking approval.

If you make a claim like that about someone's contract, there needs to be a some source so people can evaluate the statement. Otherwise the site will be awash in people making up whatever they want about players.

At least now that you admitted "you heard it" people can better decide how likely it is to be true. In the future if you make claims like this without any reference to where you got the info, it will be deleted.

He said he heard it from the start. He has responded to requests for a source by telling people that he has no physical source and that it is just something that he heard.

What is it with people? Is reading comprehension so low nowadays that people can't understand the word "heard" means that it was something that was not sourced?

If you say you read it, you can provide a link or at least a reference if it was hard copy. If it was seen, you can provide a reference. If it was on the radio, you can provide the station and/or speaker.

If you just heard it, that's all it is. Someone said it. You repeated it. It may or may not be true.

If someone passes off something they heard as fact, that's one thing, but if they state outright that it was just something that they heard, then that's another.

We've wasted more time on this site asking for sources for things that aren't sourced than it's worth.

If there's a source, provide it. If not, say that there's no source (i.e. "I heard it.") and everyone just take it for what it's worth.

Not everything in the world is "sourced".

He said he heard it from the start. He has responded to requests for a source by telling people that he has no physical source and that it is just something that he heard.

What is it with people? Is reading comprehension so low nowadays that people can't understand the word "heard" means that it was something that was not sourced?

If you say you read it, you can provide a link or at least a reference if it was hard copy. If it was seen, you can provide a reference. If it was on the radio, you can provide the station and/or speaker.

If you just heard it, that's all it is. Someone said it. You repeated it. It may or may not be true.

If someone passes off something they heard as fact, that's one thing, but if they state outright that it was just something that they heard, then that's another.

We've wasted more time on this site asking for sources for things that aren't sourced than it's worth.

If there's a source, provide it. If not, say that there's no source (i.e. "I heard it.") and everyone just take it for what it's worth.

What is it with people? The same could be said about the tone in your post.

He said he heard it but didn't say where. For several posts he was evasive as to the source. He could've heard it on TSN, which is a lot more credible than from a friend.

It's not unreasonable to ask for a source. People share links here to get the latest and greatest about happenings in hockey. The idea is also so people don't just randomly make things up to win arguments.

If upon first being asked he had said it was from a friend, the thread wouldn't be derailed like it is now.

Now let's all try to get back on topic about Brunner.

What is it with people? The same could be said about the tone in your post.

He said he heard it but didn't say where. For several posts he was evasive as to the source. He could've heard it on TSN, which is a lot more credible than from a friend.

It's not unreasonable to ask for a source. People share links here to get the latest and greatest about happenings in hockey. The idea is also so people don't just randomly make things up to win arguments.

If upon first being asked he had said it was from a friend, the thread wouldn't be derailed like it is now.

Now let's all try to get back on topic about Brunner.

I've got no problem with asking for a source. It's the repeatedly asking after a person says that they just heard it. If there's a source, great. If not, it's hearsay.

"Source" has almost become a meme.

But yes, back to Brunner...

Are there any rules- written or otherwise- that preclude a gentlemen's agreement that if he doesn't sign with anyone and goes back to Switzerland that he'd be allowed to sign later on in the season if a trade or LTIR gave us the space and need?

Not saying that he'd do it, but the summer is winding down and there doesn't seem to be a lot happening on the Brunner front.

Just from talking to totally unsourced, unreliable people with no connections to the hockey world (like most of us here), I've been hearing a lot of "probably going back to Switzerland if he can't land a good spot here". No idea if it's true, and "here" has referred to both the Wings and the NHL.

I'm just wondering if there was a possibility of him coming later in the season if a spot opened up.

Guest The Axe

Exactly.

Would you sign Brunner 2 years/2.5 mil per?