• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Report: Red Wings out on Lecavalier - signs with Philly 5@4.5 per

Rate this topic

I honestly don't understand the fixation with Stephen Weiss, as the pundits are now saying he's the most likely to be signed by Holland at this point. Replacing one soft, small center in Filppula with another soft, small, center for almost the same price...not exactly a game changing move.

When every team in the entire league "overpays" players, the team that doesn't is going to lose. Every team overpays a few players, thats how you get quality free agents. Holland needs to improve the top 6, Lecavalier is worth 5 million a season.

He may be worth $5m, that's true. But he is already getting paid 2m from the buyout. He is in NO WAY worth $7m. The only reason Detroit even talked with him was because they thought he would take a discount due to his buyout money.

He may be worth $5m, that's true. But he is already getting paid 2m from the buyout. He is in NO WAY worth $7m. The only reason Detroit even talked with him was because they thought he would take a discount due to his buyout money.

I'd be ok with paying him 5 million for 3 years

I honestly don't understand the fixation with Stephen Weiss, as the pundits are now saying he's the most likely to be signed by Holland at this point. Replacing one soft, small center in Filppula with another soft, small, center for almost the same price...not exactly a game changing move.

The difference in talent has a lot to do with it.

They were Ansar Khans words, but during the whole courting process he said the Wings may be reluctant to pony up the $$$ and term because they were concerned about Vinnys "pace". Now I really hope that's not the case, because if walked away because they didn't think he could keep up, but keep Samuelsson and Bertuzzi, on top of re-signing Cleary (which is likely to happen now), well then I'm just quite confused. Hopefully Holland explains his decision, and I'm really hopeful we sign one of the tough wingers on the market now, and not Stephen Weiss.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Stephen Weiss ... don't know anything about him ... sounds like when we signed Ray Whitney to replace Sergei ... and yes ... I realize Flip is NOT comparable to Sergei ... And what about the wing??? Bobby Ryan after next year??? Holland better do something ... WHY IN THE WORLD would you sign Datsyuk but not give him someone stable on the Wing to play with. Yeah, I understand we have players who can play on the wing who play a different natural position, but this is getting tiresome ...

5 million a year is too steep?? WTF??

Maybe too steep when you're not willing to make any moves. HEH. I hope he proves me wrong.

I think the 5 mil is fine, but if he is really seeking more than 2 years I would be glad Kenny didn't action it. I am skeptical about Holland though. Three years is a long time to not bring in the top 3 D or a compliment for the top 6. We will see.

"We kicked the tires and decided a healthy Mike Samelsson and our comfort level with Val Filppula at five million worked best for our team."

HA!!!!!!! I am terrified that this will be his statement or one equally disconnected from the teams needs. "Helmer is going to bo our addition this year".

The way Lecavalier has played the last few years $5M for five years is too much. Maybe for two years but not five. Lecavalier knows he'll get it somewhere so he's asking it. This is the cap world. In a few years it'll most likely turn out to be a dumb contract. You don't build your team by overpaying players who are on the decline but by underpaying young players who are on the upswing or veterans who can provide good grit and experience.