• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Wings sign Nyquist to 2-year, $1.9m deal ($950k/yr cap hit)

Rate this topic

IMHO, Kenny has done a masterful job this offseason with his signings of Alfredsson, Weiss, and getting Goose and Andersson at great cap hits. Now we just need to see how he trims the roster. I've got a good feeling this season. I also think Nyquist is going to have a breakout year.

So far so good. But Holland not being able to unload anyone via trade worries me. DeKeyser is the only one who can be sent down to the AHL, which worries me. If we can't unload anyone, he might be sent down.

Not true. Nyquist is still waiver exempt as of right now. As soon as he plays 2 more games in the NHL this season though, his exemption expires.

Great deal. could easily end up being a huge steal. Worst case scenario of Gus not reaching potential, it'll still be a solid pricetag.

Really hoping Helm continues to progress and becomes 100%, I want to see a Tatar-Helm-Nyquist line.

Can't Holland dump Bert, and Sammy down to GR to help out on cap space?

Salary paid to players outside the NHL still count towards the cap but in the case of a 35+ player, there is cap relief of $100k if the player's assigned to the minors after the first year of the contract. So sending Sammy & Bert to GR, once they clear waivers, means the Wings would be below the roster limit but still over the cap by ~$440k.

Edit: AT the roster limit, not below.

Edited by ogreslayer

This is a real good deal, I'm pretty pumped about what Holland was able to do this offseason. If only he hadn't had to dig himself out of the mess he made with last season's signings we'd be sitting real pretty right now.

This is a real good deal, I'm pretty pumped about what Holland was able to do this offseason. If only he hadn't had to dig himself out of the mess he made with last season's signings we'd be sitting real pretty right now.

agreed, we'd be looking great if it werent for sammy ha. i'd say kenny made up for last off season with this one though.