• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Chicago fans steal players helmet off head and dump beer on him

Rate this topic

That guy and his "guest" looked completely wasted. The expression on their faces never moved during the entire thing. You've already stolen and are WEARING the dude's lid and then you top that by dumping a beer on him? Really?

Dang. I was going to watch that game last night and went to bed early instead. That'll teach me.

I'm glad no one was hurt by the glass giving way. The one drunken idiot was actually pretty funny. No harm was done and he'll probably feel really stupid in the morning.

I don't put this on the same level as someone punching a player or anything. It was stupid for sure, but not malicious.

Helmet steal: funny.

Beer dump: stoopid.

It looks like it was someone else that dumped their beer tho.. not the drunken helmet thief.

Either way, (1) good on pardy to not get visibly upset and (2) Chicago needs to invest in more secure boards :P could've been a lot worse.

Edit: double posted. Damn Sprint service

Edited by amato

Apparently after the game they interviewed Pardy and he didn't know what was going on but thought it was pretty funny, as did I. I look at it this way, if that happened to me, I'd be laughing pretty hard. After the game, I'd sign the helmet and give it to the drunken helmet thief.

i agree with most that say the helmet thing wasnt a big deal and was funny. the beer dumping was pretty trashy and fits chicagos reputation perfectly. philly may have the market cornered on the most hardcore mean fans, but chicago has shown pretty well in all sports it has the most douchey fans. (though vancouver seems to try hard for that crown. just think if they had more sports teams in that city)

i think the beer thing was just a wasted guy accident though. watch the video from 24-31 seconds. hes wasted, he tries taking the helmet off to give it back, it falls and hits his beer while his drunken ninja reflexes failed him on his attempt to snag it out of mid air. chicago fans suck but this isnt a good example of it.

i think the beer thing was just a wasted guy accident though. watch the video from 24-31 seconds. hes wasted, he tries taking the helmet off to give it back, it falls and hits his beer while his drunken ninja reflexes failed him on his attempt to snag it out of mid air. chicago fans suck but this isnt a good example of it.

I think it's a woman who dumps the beer on him. Near the guy who steals his helmet. Right around the 19 second mark, and a better angle around 1:26.

And man does that dude look like he's the elite alcoholic level hammered.

Maybe the guy isn't drunk at all. Maybe he's just a mean spirited, mouth breathing, neanderthal. Chicago is full of these strange and hideous mutants, and it's status as "second city" has done nothing to lessen their detrimental effects. Detroit, by comparison, if full of sinewy, hard nosed, survivors, with keen minds and eagle-like vision. After years in the gutter, our herd has been culled.

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Those trashing Chicago need to get a grip every city has fans who would do that. I liked Pardy's reaction after the game as well. Is there cheap beer at Chicago games because he was hammered.

Think about doing it? Absolutely. Actually do it? Not so much. I would be sorely tempted if presented with the opportunity to dump a beer on Pronger, but I wouldn't actually go through with it.

And there's no one on the planet not an active Chicago fan that wouldn't agree that their fanbase ranks amongst the surliest in the NHL.

Helmet-stealing guy was flat-out wasted. The woman dumping the beer probably wasn't. She had the presence of mind to move the glass before dumping the beer.

I must respectfully disagree.

I've been to numerous opposing cities to watch the Red Wings; Chicago is by far the worst...Nashville has some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet (was at the game Webber beat up Lilja).

Not to mention some of his fellow Hawks fans just took had that full pane of glass land in their laps. Rather than help lift it off them like some fans did, he actually leans on it to steal the helmet.