#1 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Stay Classy Chicago

Helmet steal at :13 Beer dump at :19

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#2 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

If I was as drunk as he appears, judging by the look on his face, I would almost certainly have done the same thing. That's why I don't drink very often. I'm a lot of fun up to a point.

#3 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

Wish the players would have started swinging into the crowd like they did back in the day

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#4 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Wish the players would have started swinging into the crowd like they did back in the day

Yes. That definitely would have made this situation better.

#5 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

That guy and his "guest" looked completely wasted. The expression on their faces never moved during the entire thing. You've already stolen and are WEARING the dude's lid and then you top that by dumping a beer on him? Really?

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Where is Milbury when you need him?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#7 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

I laughed. Why not. It was disrespectful sure... but it was pretty funny (wouldn't be so funny if it was a wings player).

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#8 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

lmao holy s*** that guy was wasted

#9 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

"The gentleman who was looking...quite refreshed" :lol:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

Dang.  I was going to watch that game last night and went to bed early instead.  That'll teach me.

I'm glad no one was hurt by the glass giving way.  The one drunken idiot was actually pretty funny.  No harm was done and he'll probably feel really stupid in the morning.

I don't put this on the same level as someone punching a player or anything.  It was stupid for sure, but not malicious. 

#11 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

[Insert joke about breaking down barriers, reaching out to the fans, etc.]

Don't Toews me, bro!

#12 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Helmet steal: funny.
Beer dump: stoopid.

It looks like it was someone else that dumped their beer tho.. not the drunken helmet thief.

Either way, (1) good on pardy to not get visibly upset and (2) Chicago needs to invest in more secure boards :P could've been a lot worse.

Edit: double posted. Damn Sprint service

Edited by amato, 07 November 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#13 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Not surprising...I've been to numerous games in Chicago in both the old Stadium, and newer UC...Chicago has some pretty nasty fans; many are outright assholes.

It's why I would never take my children to a game there.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#14 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Honest drunken stupidity on the part of the helmet steal. Nothing malicious. The beer dump is low class but expected in Chicago. Honestly I bet that guy is waking up loving his 15 minutes of fame. Made me laugh at the end of a long double shift. 

#15 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Does it make me a bad person if the only thing I could think of while watching the video was that too bad it wasn't Kane.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Apparently after the game they interviewed Pardy and he didn't know what was going on but thought it was pretty funny, as did I.  I look at it this way, if that happened to me, I'd be laughing pretty hard.  After the game, I'd sign the helmet and give it to the drunken helmet thief.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#17 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

i agree with most that say the helmet thing wasnt a big deal and was funny. the beer dumping was pretty trashy and fits chicagos reputation perfectly. philly may have the market cornered on the most hardcore mean fans, but chicago has shown pretty well in all sports it has the most douchey fans. (though vancouver seems to try hard for that crown. just think if they had more sports teams in that city)

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

He should've gone full-Domi on the idiot.

(speaking of Philly fans)

#19 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

i think the beer thing was just a wasted guy accident though. watch the video from 24-31 seconds. hes wasted, he tries taking the helmet off to give it back, it falls and hits his beer while his drunken ninja reflexes failed him on his attempt to snag it out of mid air. chicago fans suck but this isnt a good example of it.

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

i think the beer thing was just a wasted guy accident though. watch the video from 24-31 seconds. hes wasted, he tries taking the helmet off to give it back, it falls and hits his beer while his drunken ninja reflexes failed him on his attempt to snag it out of mid air. chicago fans suck but this isnt a good example of it.

I think it's a woman who dumps the beer on him.  Near the guy who steals his helmet.  Right around the 19 second mark, and a better angle around 1:26.

And man does that dude look like he's the elite alcoholic level hammered.