• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BadgerBob

Mike Commodore's experience with the Wings

Rate this topic

I've known hockey players like this at every level.

"It's because coach hates me"

These guys are almost always mediocre at hockey but great at beer pong.

Being here in Columbus - the guy was a locker room cancer. All he did was whine at a time when that particular team had non-leader captain (Nash) and were working a system that wasn't set for the personnel they had, and it certainly didn't fit Commodore's skill set since he doesn't skate particularly well for a D-man.

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Kind of sad. It would be one thing if Babs was tweeting Commodore and he responded, but to go out of his way to give Datsyuk s*** for saying something positive to babs is a really bad look.

Agreed. To be fair Dan Milstein runs Datsyuks twitter, so its not Pavel. But Commodore just comes off like a sad washed up loser.

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Agreed. To be fair Dan Milstein runs Datsyuks twitter, so its not Pavel. But Commodore just comes off like a sad washed up loser.

He was on the Spittin' Chiclets a few weeks ago and wow he is seriously salty. Refers to cutting a turd as "taking a Babcock". Says he can't stand the success the leafs are having because their coach is "not that good, yet will get all the credit". I like him, he's funny, but he needs to get over the fact that Babcock sat him because they didn't need him.

10 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

He was on the Spittin' Chiclets a few weeks ago and wow he is seriously salty. Refers to cutting a turd as "taking a Babcock". Says he can't stand the success the leafs are having because their coach is "not that good, yet will get all the credit". I like him, he's funny, but he needs to get over the fact that Babcock sat him because they didn't need him.

The story I remember (from Commodore) was no one was offering him contracts and he was considering retirement. Then he got a call out of the blue from his agent/Holland that was "we want you at this price, you have an hour to decide before we move on to someone else" and he asked Holland "is it you who wants me? Or does Babs want me?" (he didn't like Babcock already from his time playing under him in Cincinnati) Holland told him the signing was at the request of Babcock. So as he tells it, he went against his gut and said f*** it maybe Babs remembers what I bring and actually needs me this time. Then Babs only played him for 17 games.

So I see why he doesn't like the guy, but the amount of vitriol over a failed experiment in Detroit is way over the top on his end. Butthurt loser. 

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The story I remember (from Commodore) was no one was offering him contracts and he was considering retirement. Then he got a call out of the blue from his agent/Holland that was "we want you at this price, you have an hour to decide before we move on to someone else" and he asked Holland "is it you who wants me? Or does Babs want me?" (he didn't like Babcock already from his time playing under him in Cincinnati) Holland told him the signing was at the request of Babcock. So as he tells it, he went against his gut and said f*** it maybe Babs remembers what I bring and actually needs me this time. Then Babs only played him for 17 games.

So I see why he doesn't like the guy, but the amount of vitriol over a failed experiment in Detroit is way over the top on his end. Butthurt loser. 

500 games, millions of dollars and a cup ring? Yeah, he's a loser. His feud is petty, but all things considered he had a pretty good career for a bottom D-man.

8 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

AA will be calling cutting a s*** 'taking a Holland' I bet.