• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

A plea to Holland.

Rate this topic

Please for the love of all that is good and holy, get rid of Lashoff and Kindl. If not both then at least one of them. The pairing of Kindl and Lashoff is a goal waiting to happen. We've had amazing success inserting young forwards into the lineup, why not try a defenseman?

I don't care if it's Almqvist, or Sproul, or whoever, nor do I care if management thinks they are ready. No one thought Jurco, Glendening, or Sheahen were ready either; and they are doing just fine.

So Holland do us all a favor and bring in some fresh young blood.

Edited by wings87

"Fresh young blood" to replace guys like Kindl and Lashoff who are stale and old? And what if we bring someone else up and they don't solve all of the problems immediately? Forgive me if I'm not in a real hurry to bring inexperienced young players up this close to playoffs.

Also, is Kindl hate a thing now? I thought we liked him

I think Kindl could have a place on this team as much as I hate him. He can make plays in the offensive zone and actually has a skill set. Not like Lashoff. I've actually seen Kindl play good games (crazy, I know) give him a solid d man to play with he's playing with a career AHLer bottom line.

"Fresh young blood" to replace guys like Kindl and Lashoff who are stale and old? And what if we bring someone else up and they don't solve all of the problems immediately? Forgive me if I'm not in a real hurry to bring inexperienced young players up this close to playoffs.

As we've found out this year, our players in the minors have been held back too long. If not for injuries, guys like Sheahan and Jurco would have been in GR all year, while Bertuzzi, Sammy and Cleary would be playing. Holland doesn't have a clue.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of our young D-men in the minors is better than some of the garbage playing on the top squad.

Fresh young blood doesn't imply that Kindl and Lashoff are old. Just that this team should have tried another defenseman months ago. And they don't need to solve all our problems, but not seeing what guys like Almqvist can do while we have injuries is not the wisest move.

Kindl/Lashoff aren't really helping right now so who cares if it's close to the playoffs or not. Our young forwards are doing great and as I said not a lot people thought they were ready to play at the NHL level either.

Edited by wings87

Guest Playmaker

Please for the love of all that is good and holy, get rid of Lashoff and Kindle. If not both then at least one of them. The pairing of Kindle and Lashoff is a goal waiting to happen. We've had amazing success inserting young forwards into the lineup, why not try a defenseman?

I don't care if it's Almqvist, or Sproul, or whoever, nor do I care if management thinks they are ready. No one thought Jurco, Glendening, or Sheahen were ready either; and they are doing just fine.

So Holland do us all a favor and bring in some fresh young blood.

Complaining about someone is more effective if you spell his name right.

There's this new and amazing technology called auto-correct, you should check it out; it sometimes corrects words that shouldn't even be corrected. But thanks for pointing it out, you've really brought a lot to this conversation.

Ipad is the s***. So if Holland is using a Kindle I'd recommend moving to an Ipad. But I digress.

Ps. Auto-correct is messing with me today.

Kindl is a joke, I completely agree with you. The best part is Babcock CONTINUES to give him PP time over Smith. Smith has sooooooooooooooooooo much more talent then Kindl. How bad does Kindl have to be before Babs finally realizes Smith is better for the PP? I posted in another thread, that we need to either call up Ouelette to replace Kindl, or play the top 2 pairings more and limit the ice time of Kindl and Lashoff because they are killing us out there. Kindl cannot even make a simple pass anymore its a joke to watch him.

I wish Marchenko wasn't hurt. Saw him at the AHL allstar game here in town, and he was pretty good. His one NHL game this year he didn't look out of place either. Kindl in the 48 game season was good, the rest of his NHL career has been hot garbage. Lashoff is a #7 so I can't complain about him too much, but those 2 as a pair is a ******* nightmare.

Kindl was so good last year, but it's amazing how much he's regressed. Not only that, but last year he would shoot the puck, not so much this year. His confidence seems to be nonexistent and waining day by day. I had high hopes for him going into the year, but with the playoffs right around the corner; can we afford to keep playing him and Lashoff as our 3rd pairing? Much less in the same lineup?

Kindl is a disaster. Lashoff doesn't make me hate him every game but he doesn't contribute much out there. I would rather replace Kindl at this point over Lashoff. At least Lashoff is pretty consistent every night. Kindl just has no clue. We are seeing Lashoff exposed more when he plays with Kindl. Ideally if Marchenko wasn't injured with could pair him with Lashoff for now and then when E gets back pair him with Quincey.

Kronner - Smith

Dekeyser - Ericsson

Quincey - Marchenko

Lashoff

Next Season

Kronner - Smith

Dekeyser - Ericsson

Ouellet - Marchenko

Lashoff

If this season has shown us anything it is that the kids deserve a chance. I was complaining for years that our prospects don't become true assets until they play nhl games and prove they can produce. That is why people kept claiming we had no trade pieces (and now I wouldn't trade any of them). Holland should always keep a 12th forward/6th dman spot up for grabs between kids and let them compete for it (rather than inserting an aging vet). That is how you find your talent from within.

Admittedly I've long been a kindl hater absolutely one of the most timid and soft players I've ever see I do not want anyone like that in my d core also his biggest problem is how rattled he gets by mistakes an hits it's almost sad

Let's contribute to the thread constructively instead of pointing out an auto-correct when you obviously know who he is talking about. There's no need to drag the topic off the rails unnecessarily when modern technology makes a minor error. Thanks.

On topic, i've been in this mindset for weeks, the kids are working, they are scoring, they provide energy.

The defense is an obvious problem right now, it was the offense, and it was addressed by calling up prospects that have thrived. Logic tells me that doing the same for defense may have the same result. Give one or two of the defense prospects a chance, especially if we secure a playoff spot and have a few games remaining to test it out.

Guest DeGraa55

This would be the perfect time to call up sproul and oullete IMO. Gives us a righty on the blue line and A GUN on the power play. Then come playoff time if one or both don't look ready we could send them down to GR for their playoff run. But I think both would be ready. Oullete more so defensively and sproul offensively.

I like how people are complimenting Smith, even stating he should be on the top D pairing...

If Holland had listened to this board just a couple of months ago, he would've banished Smith to some beer league. Same with Ericsson a couple of years ago.

When Marchenko comes up in a year or two or three... And makes his share of mistakes, I'm sure many here will be calling for his head.

Guest DeGraa55

I like how people are complimenting Smith, even stating he should be on the top D pairing...

If Holland had listened to this board just a couple of months ago, he would've banished Smith to some beer league. Same with Ericsson a couple of years ago.

When Marchenko comes up in a year or two or three... And makes his share of mistakes, I'm sure many here will be calling for his head.

Not everyone I didn't. Even like Quincey for example. I think he sucks in our system and our team. But he has proven elsewhere he is a good 2nd pairing guy. Just not here in Detroit.

Kindl I won't give up in him yet BUT it is frightening how scared he is out there. Maybe he will grow out of it maybe not.

Kindl has the talent, but is inconsistent. He's always been that way. When he was in GR, he rarely looked like an AHL player. One night he'd look like he needed to be a top 4 NHL guy, the next he'd look like he should be a 3rd pairing ECHL guy. Lashoff doesn't have the skating ability or the hands to be an NHL regular in a puck possession system. He might be better in a more dump and chase style, but even with that he's a solid #7 guy.

Sproul is NOT ready for the NHL. He still makes too many defensive mistakes. So does Ouellet. I think both will end up being top 4 d-men, but not for another couple years. Marchenko is the most NHL ready of the D prospects, but with him being hurt, I'd rather go with what they have.

That was a brutal game by Kindl and Lashoff but I blame Babcock for continuing to put them out there after giving up a goal. Especially with under six minutes left and down by 1 already. The fact is that both of these guys need a better partner to cover for some of their mistakes, but there aren't really any better options until Ericsson comes back so they're forced to play together.

I would re-call Nathan Paetsch and pair him with Smith on the 3rd when E is back. He is an elite skater and has vast experience.

Def for the next 4 games, the Griffs are in their p/o we need 3 pts to make sure the game in Buffalo is a must win now.

There's a reason he's only played 167 NHL games at age 31.