• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Quincey re-signed by DET. 2 yr s $4.25 mill AAV

Rate this topic

right and with guys like morris and del zotto still out there maybe his looking to move kindl and lashoff to solidify some better depth id be ok with this

Kronwall Big E

Smith DD

Q Del Zotto

Sproul

than you have at least a good backup in Sproul and possibly can move him up to Qs spot if he is the worst one to go with every night

From Puck Daddy article on Yahoo. Full read at http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-power-rankings--free-agent-winners-and-losers-edition-154852827.html

5. The lure of playing for the legendary Detroit Red Wings

There was a time when all you heard about was the mystique of Detroit. What an organization and so on. They could just get free agents by snapping their fingers and casually mentioning that they might like to sign them.

Oh, how times have changed. Here's the sum total of Detroit's signings on Day 1, as of about 7:30 p.m. on the East Coast: Kevin Porter and Kyle Quincey. (And they had to give Quincey $4.25 million a year because the bartender turned on all the lights and told everyone to go home.)

As they did in the Ryan Suter/Zach Parise sweepstakes, it was a big ol' swing and a miss from Ken Holland as every available free agent you'd actually be excited to sign said thanks but no thanks to wearing the Winged Wheel and being the guy holding the wheel when the team finally missed the playoffs for the first time in a century.

Matt Niskanen, Dan Boyle, Anton Stralman. All of em passed. They couldn't even lock down Stephane Robidas, and that guy's 37 and just broke his leg.

The sun's going down on the days of the Red Wings being a model franchise, and with Datsyuk and Zetterberg starting to wind down a bit, you can't imagine darkness is going to take too much longer to fall unless this team realizes its actual shortcomings.

People don't want to play for teams because they're good organizations. They want to play for teams that will either pay them way more than they're worth or give them a chance to win (or both). Detroit simply doesn't provide the latter now that Nicklas Lidstrom is gone.

I don't disagree with the premise of that article, but Ryan Lambert has bashed the Wings at every opportunity for years. He's a Blackhawks slappy that somehow got a job pretending to be an objective writer for Yahoo. I knew who had written that article just by reading the part posted without even opening the link.

Lambert is a clown. Helene St. James never finds anything wrong with the Red Wings and Lambert never sees anything right. Both are hacks.

I don't disagree with the premise of that article, but Ryan Lambert has bashed the Wings at every opportunity for years. He's a Blackhawks slappy that somehow got a job pretending to be an objective writer for Yahoo. I knew who had written that article just by reading the part posted without even opening the link.

Lambert is a clown. Helene St. James never finds anything wrong with the Red Wings and Lambert never sees anything right. Both are hacks.

Problem is that this article hit a bit too close to home for my tastes...

When your (in this case, the Wings) biggest critics are right about you, it's time to reevaluate what you're doing.

People don't want to play for teams because they're good organizations. They want to play for teams that will either pay them way more than they're worth or give them a chance to win (or both). Detroit simply doesn't provide the latter now that Nicklas Lidstrom is gone.

This is very true and it makes sense. In some cases, people make decisions to play for their favorite team. Like Vanek did with Minnesota or DeKeyser did with the Wings. Still, to those people who are not loyal to a team, they want top dollar or a chance to compete for the cup or both.

You forgot about last season when even St. James called for Quincey to be traded.

Even I had to log in to add my own WTF??!!

Just waiting for the other thing now.....Cleary, 5 yr 6.5m!!!!! Yah, you know KH is gonna DO IT!

Yup. It's like a car accident - you don't want to watch any longer, but you just can't turn your head..

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

Man oh man. So we are garbage now, is that it? Give me a break. How many other teams did Matt freakin' Niskanen(?!) not sign with? Are they all garbage too? We struck out in FA's this year. It happens for the MAJORITY of the teams in the league. Quincey will fill a role for two years and be fine doing it. He knows the system & obviously has a degree of faith in him with Holland AND Babcock. All those clamoring for a new GM who are you going to replace him with? Who has been better in the last 10 years keeping a team competitive?

I appreciate the optimism, and yes, this team will make playoffs. It's just that we didn't get any better. And yes, Quincey will hurt us if he plays like he did the past few seasons. Especially last year. The guy single-handedly cost us double digit games. If he plays solid, then obviously this is fine, but that's not his track record.

I appreciate the optimism, and yes, this team will make playoffs. It's just that we didn't get any better. And yes, Quincey will hurt us if he plays like he did the past few seasons. Especially last year. The guy single-handedly cost us double digit games. If he plays solid, then obviously this is fine, but that's not his track record.

He did not cost the team double digit games single handedly.

He did not cost the team double digit games single handedly.

Yeah, someone did the statwork last season. There were direct giveaway goals from Quincey in something like 15 games that were decided by a goal or so. I'd say that's single-handedly. He was remarkably consistent in his ability to be the last guy to touch a puck before being scored on.

Ok I don't like Quincey either, but for all of you who think he can do no good and is the spawn of satan, here's somes stats.

Only RW D-man to play the full 82 games

2nd best takeaway to giveaway ratio among D-men on the team

3rd in hits and blocked shots among RW D-men (even when pro rated)

3rd in SH time on ice per game among our D-men

Advanced stats aren't good though if you give those kind of things credit