• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Hockey News: Detroit has the easiest schedule

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Injuries for the 6th consecutive season, I'm sure.

Ya come to think of it. Isn't it time for a groin injury on someone getting out of bed or up the stairs or something...it's been awhile.

Least when berlander hurt his groin we knew it was from Kate upton....the wings ya not so much.

This. Teams are so unpredictable that this claim about the "easiest schedule" is worthless.

exactly. this article is just a product of the slow part of the year (hockey news wise).

& leftwinger has a good point as well. the wings seem to play to the other team's level. I'd love for them to change that trend....

does anyone NOT remember last season? We played up to and beat a LOT of the harder teams in the league. It was the Panthers and Islanders and Jets of the league that we could never play down to and they beat us all year long...

What I remember the most is that we did really well in the early part of the season despite Howard playing bad and us icing a 3rd line like Bertuzzi-Andersson-Cleary and Weiss completely failing.

Let's see what happens when we have Pav and Z healthy, backed up by Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan and Helm, possibly a contributing Weiss and a Howard playing like himself. That team is a good team.

People forget so quickly that we are TERRIBLE against bad teams. Remember all the barn burners vs Florida and the Isles last year? Easiest doesn't mean squat, if we still healthy we'll have a shot at the playoffs. But since we're bringing back the exact same roster as last year, should we expect the injuries to just go away?

People forget so quickly that we are TERRIBLE against bad teams. Remember all the barn burners vs Florida and the Isles last year? Easiest doesn't mean squat, if we still healthy we'll have a shot at the playoffs. But since we're bringing back the exact same roster as last year, should we expect the injuries to just go away?

Out toughest injuries were to Z, Pav and Weiss. All 3 are highly unlikely to miss as much time this season. It would be extreme bad luck. I also think Helm finally has a good chance to stay healthy now that he gets a full summer and camp to work out 100%., Injuries won't stop but we have to get some kind of 'break' from it eventually... we can't keep being one of the top 3 teams in mangames lost year after year, I refuse to believe we can't get a "healthy" season.

The source doesn't say Detroit has the easiest schedule because of the teams they play. Their measurement is all about back to backs

That's being everyone in our division plays the same teams the same number of times. Each team plays 2 games against every team in the opposite conference (home and away). Then they play each team more games if they are in the conference and even more if they are division rivals.