• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/8 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Bruins 5

Rate this topic

Wings NEVER win these early games against tough opponents. Boston is such a better team though in my opinion. The Wings are SO fragile man. They just cannot get anything going. Even when they were winning games they were always down and having to come back. Since moving to the East all the top teams have owned the Wings. Boston, Tampa, Montreal etc. I honestly don't see anything more than a first round knock out again. Lame offense, bad defense and no goalies. Having Stephen Weiss on your team doesn't help much either.

Tuned in short before the intermission. It sucks, but we still have a third. Even if they don't win it it will be interesting to see how the team responds. If they take on the battle it's a good sign for the playoffs where they will have to overcome games similar to this.

Funny, the minute he was on the top line, the Datsyuk line looked better... Maybe Weiss just isn't being used properly?

There's no maybe. He definitely is being used improperly. Take him off of the power play so that the team has fewer boneheaded turnovers leading to shorthanded goals against.

I feel games like these just give Babcock more reasons to go elsewhere.

Mike chose to start Gus. He chose to scratch Jurco for #18, he chose to play Glendening on the top line. He's the guy who puts Weiss on the point on the PP, he's the guy who called up Pulkkinen to play him 4:58.

Yes, execution is on the team. But Babs set us up for failure before the drop of the puck today.

I feel games like these just give Babcock more reasons to go elsewhere.

If he can't get his team to play better then this maybe its time he moved on. Ericsson is awful and he still gets top minutes. Glendening is on the top line! I think Babcock is one of the best in the league but all good things must end.

Mike chose to start Gus. He chose to scratch Jurco for #18, he chose to play Glendening on the top line. He's the guy who puts Weiss on the point on the PP, he's the guy who called up Pulkkinen to play him 4:58.

Yes, execution is on the team. But Babs set us up for failure before the drop of the puck today.

Because Howard was so damn good last game, right? Also, it's a back to back. The backup goalie pretty well always gets a start in those situations. Glendening was put on the top line because he is the closest thing to a Helm the team has with Helm on the shelf, and Helm on that line has been great. Giving that a try by no means is setting the team up to fail. And please tell me what Jurco has done lately?

Also, this place is like a LGWs Rouges Gallery when they get handled. The only member of the organization that has escaped unscathed so far is Van Zant. But the game’s not over yet.

Doesn't matter. They won't beat Montreal and definitely won't beat Tampa.

Cause you know.

Haven't had consistant goaltending since Mrazek was the starter....Hmmmm....

When Babcock throws lines togeter like this, I think to myself how wonderful it will be when he is coaching elsewhere...

Pulk - Dats - Tatar should have been the 1st line....any word on Dats? Is he back in the 3rd?