• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Hudler Has 72 Points

Rate this topic

Hudler has 72 points this year... Wtf?

Last night PJ Stock asked the question. If the Flames make the playoffs and do anything. Could or should Hudler(cuddles as I call him) be mentioned as a Hart candidate. He is maybe the Flames most valuable player. Unbelievable as it may sound.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

He would never produce in Detroit as he's doing right now. He's good fit for them but wasn't for us. Good luck to him and lets cheer for the actual players that we have

I think he would be great on a line of Sheahan and Nyquist or Tatar. That would be our closest to Monahan and Goudreau

I was actually going to start a thread about this. When I looked the other day, I saw he was 7th in the league in the points!

Makes me wonder, is he really this good? Or, is he in a situation where due to the amount of min/opportunity he is given, he is playing above his skill level? Similar to Robert Lang when he led the league in points playing for Washington, nobody confused him with being the best player in the NHL.

I don't see enough of the Flames to know for sure but don't forget he hit 57 points on the Wings. Last two seasons for the Flames he had 52 points and was on pace for that number in the shortened season.

I'm guessing his jump up in points has a lot to do with playing on the top line with Gaudreau.

Hudler: another causality of Babcock's size fetish.

That must be why Babcock keeps Nyquist and Tatar glued to the bench.

Babs had said Hudler could be a 70 point player.

May 10, Windsor Star: “It’s 70 points we didn’t have,” Babcock said of Hudler. “That’s a second power play unit that can score. It’s more goals for everyone because of the plays he can make. We’re going to give him an opportunity to be a top six forward. He’s got to show he can be one.”

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/05/babcock_addresses_hudlers_retu.html

He's talking about Hudler's return from the KHL, which is another big factor in his time in Detroit. Don't forget that Huds left the Wings for more money in the KHL.

I don't know that it permanently soured things with anyone, but I think it changed his relationship with the team and possibly his longevity here.

Hudler was always underrated and underappreciated when he played here.

He has some of the best passing skills ive seen, but he was a definate liability on defence. In our system that just never worked out

The last couple seasons I felt like he was working hard and being aggressive defensively, he was just soooo slow so it only could do so much.

Still, I always liked Hudler. Talented and funny dude.

I'm happy for Hudler. I concur that a lot of his production is due to being on Calgary's top line, but if he was the other winger on a line with Hank and Pavel I think he could have lit it up as well.

That must be why Babcock keeps Nyquist and Tatar glued to the bench.

Babs had said Hudler could be a 70 point player.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/05/babcock_addresses_hudlers_retu.html

He's talking about Hudler's return from the KHL, which is another big factor in his time in Detroit. Don't forget that Huds left the Wings for more money in the KHL.

I don't know that it permanently soured things with anyone, but I think it changed his relationship with the team and possibly his longevity here.

The last couple seasons I felt like he was working hard and being aggressive defensively, he was just soooo slow so it only could do so much.

Still, I always liked Hudler. Talented and funny dude.

Oh absolutely. I was always a Hudler supporter, I could see what he brought to the club especially as a 3rd liner. Him and Fil were great for us as depth

He was slow but I didnt really find it hindered him that much with his play. He used what he had to his advantage

Edited by WingsallTheway