• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

10/23 Tacky GDT Red Wings @ Calgary Flames 9:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Holy Changes Batman!

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

New defense pairs: Kronwall-Green Quincey-DeKeyser Smith-Ericsson Looks like Kindl will be scratched.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago

New lines: Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist Tatar-Larkin-Pulkkinen Helm-Sheahan-Glendening Miller-Andersson-Ferraro

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 46s47 seconds ago

Looks like Smith is getting an opportunity on the power play, on the second unit with Tatar, Larkin, Pulkkinen and Sheahan (net front).

Could Brad Richards actually be scratched?

Now that's stirring the pot. Ericsson does belong on the 3rd pairing from what he's shown this season and preseason. And some of the vets could use a little shakeup to get some sense of urgency.

However I'm weary of letting Larkin center a line, there's just so much to handle at this level there, doubt he'll handle it all and it could lead to a direct loss because of it. But let's give it a try and let's see what happens. One try, if it doesn't pan out, he's back on the wings in my opinion. Too much at stake. Don't take it as I'm knocking at the kid, I just bought his jersey for typing out loud.

DeKayser and Quincey have shown that they work well last season. Not much offense though. Shutdown pairing.

Looking forward to watching how our wheel is holding up tonight.

Edited by Jacksoni

i like the shake up, but I'd make a few changes:

That second line looks weak. Blash is probably doing it because they scored a clutch goal together early on (1st Canes game, I think). Switching Pulkkinen and Helm makes the balence better.

Would like Andy out, Glen on 4th, Jurco on 3rd, but I kind of understand the move. Glen's been his usual hard-working self so this is rewarding him and getting him some more ice time. Blash did talk about being less even with playing time so I'm fine with the set-up if that 4th line only plays limited minutes.

Defence pairs I'm fine with. I liked the DK-Green pair and I think with more time together they'd be really good, but the switch is all to get E off the 1st pair and I think that's a good thing. He'll probably look pretty good on the 3rd pair and against lower competition. I think Kindl would be a better match for him in terms of styles, but hopefully Smith is out out to prove something tonight.

Too bad for Richards. Maybe the back troubles explain his struggles so far and he comes back as a solid addition. I prefer Sheahan in the 3C spot anyway.

Red Wings Lines

Dylark Z Abby

Tatar tinky winky goose

Helm Richards pulkinen

Pk guy disney.com Ferrari

Kronwall erection

Dk green

Quincey kindl

Howard

Still laughing my a*** off about the Disney and bolded item.

Well done man.

Edited by kickazz

Oh man, I'm still not way too worried, nor am I going to start making those Blashill comparisons, but it is pretty scary being at .500, since it can go either way from here. I'm still going to be positive about it and just hope for the best. We have a good lineup, and I'm sure it'll only be matter of time until they find their game. Here's to a good game, and hopefully the Wings play more like they did in the 3rd period of last game, right off the bat.

Red Wings 4 (Abdelkader, Zetterberg, Tatar, Larkin)

Happy Hudlers 2

:siren: Let's Go Red Wings! :siren:

I liked BOS's lines better

The first picture I posted under lines doesn't work. Either way I didn't have a lot of time like I thought/hoped I would but I'm planning on making a really tacky one in ms paint and going to attempt to do a nice one in Photoshop this year too