• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Fixing this mess....

Rate this topic

Frank, you really think someone will offersheet DeKeyser? Not going to happen.

No not this year but if he signs a 1 year contract and takes the team to arbitration someone will offer him a better deal that's for sure. To me it doesn't even matter guy is the Wings best and most reliable defenseman and a Michigan kid, especially going forward pay him.

No not this year but if he signs a 1 year contract and takes the team to arbitration someone will offer him a better deal that's for sure. To me it doesn't even matter guy is the Wings best and most reliable defenseman and a Michigan kid, especially going forward pay hi

he needs to be kept at all cots. He will have at least an A on his jersey soon-maybe next year. Could also wear the C when Z retires.

No not this year but if he signs a 1 year contract and takes the team to arbitration someone will offer him a better deal that's for sure. To me it doesn't even matter guy is the Wings best and most reliable defenseman and a Michigan kid, especially going forward pay him.

If he signs a one year deal he still won't get an offer sheet. If he goes to arbitration, he can't get an offer sheet even if a team was desperate enough to try, which they wouldn't be.

If he signs a one year deal he still won't get an offer sheet. If he goes to arbitration, he can't get an offer sheet even if a team was desperate enough to try, which they wouldn't be.

Last year the team took him to arbitration so Danny would have the option to take them to arbitration now, sign a 1 year deal and then become UFA.

For reference I have listened to two interviews with Nicklas Lidström the last month where he's asked to comment on the Detroit defense. He is a consultant for the Red Wings now.

The only promising prospect he mentions is Danny DeKeyser. He puts him on 1 or 2D position.

When asked about Quincey, Marchenko and Smith he evades the question.

About Kronwall and Ericsson he states that they have slowed down but are still good on the power play, somewhat diplomatically.

He's (DD) gonna get paid.

Edited by Jacksoni

Marchenko sometimes reminds me of DD-light. I like him but I don't think we can have another non-physical(DD is decent physically) no offense dman. But I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if stays on the team for a while. On an individual basis there's things I like about most of our defense. Together they aren't just aren't a good combination. A true number 1(or at least an elite 2) would remedy a lot of it, Kronwall has to go back to the 2nd pair.

Tor just resigned Reilly a 22 year old Dman to a 6 year/30 million contract. He was a RFA. Does anyone still doubt that Dekeyser will be in the 6 million per year range?

He got that much i believe cause they didn't go through the bridge deal teams usually do .... I think a similar deal for dekeyser would be fair , Morgan reilly will be better than dekeyser and probably be putting up 40-55 pts at least

I'd even throw dekeyser another year to his contract since we don't have much on the back end

He got that much i believe cause they didn't go through the bridge deal teams usually do .... I think a similar deal for dekeyser would be fair , Morgan reilly will be better than dekeyser and probably be putting up 40-55 pts at least

I'd even throw dekeyser another year to his contract since we don't have much on the back end

Better on O yes but not in his own end which is more important for a Defense-man.

last nights game was a classic example of what we lack as a team and were we need to improve. Yes we started out ok. we were even or better than TB for the first 25-30 mins. Then we went downhill fast. Did Z, datsyuk, Nyquist, and Tatar even play in the game? Never heard their names mentioned other than when Tatar was about to get body slammed by Coburn. We were pushed around and treated roughly and other than Abby and DD-when he had no other choice, NO ONE ANSWERED!

Both int. the guys in the studio talked about needing to get someone in front of the net to pick up the rebounds and score. Of course they guy that could be doing that was sent down to GR "due to defensive issues". But it was Helm that was responsable for 2 of TB goals.

TB out skated us as well. This is a team that was missing their best F and best Dman. They still won, still out muscled us, and out skated us.

wings had a great chance last night to pinch one on the road and blew it, that killer instinct when on top isn't there. At 2-1 up they had 3 great chances to go up by 2 and couldn't convert. Then it was back to normal for the Wings, unable to keep a lead and then run ragged in the 3rd. I can't see them taking this series any more than 5 games. Problem with this coaching system is that Blash plays not to lose, and not to win. Once behind we haven't got much of a change up to get back into the game, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so .

The fix starts by trading the fat at the draft along with some extra players. You start it off by getting better by subtraction.

I know Kronwall will never be dealt, but I'd do it. Howard, Ericcson, one of Nyquist/Tatar, if you aren't going to play Smith, Jurco or Pulkkinen for petes sake trade them to a team that will! I could see Smith in Boston, Jurco in Florida and Pulkkinen in Edmonton. Do not resign the UFA'S except Helm at a nice modest price, maybe Richards if Datsyuk leaves and you strike out on the big name guys.

As much as I'd like to have Stamkos, the way we get manhandled, maybe we should go after Backes instead. If Datsyuk leaves and our center group is Larkin, Backes, Sheahan and Glendening, we would be better. Move Z to the wing (or retirement) and absolutely play Athanasiou top 6.

We needed Stamkos BEFORE Datsyuk announced he's finished. Now we need ANOTHER top level guy. So it got that much harder. If we fix it this year we'd need both Stamkos and Backes, for example. Not one over the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God Blashill is turning out to be such a f***en idiot , just watched videos on mlive on his reading for not playing athanasiou a lot and just the fact he says double A like 10 times for some reason bugged me lol

Went off about how kucherov and Johnson were elite stars in the American hockey league and Athanasiou wasn't .... Which I don't understand wtf that has to do with him getting more ice time

Double a wasn't elite in the American hockey league which is why we're slowly giving him minutes .... Double a wasn't elite So we're slowly giving him minutes at the end of games with hank and pav

At the end when it's too late? Oh and he mentions something about how athanasiou isn't a saviour .... Which nobody f***en says he is , and who gives a s*** if he wasn't an elite ahl player he's playing well here and we got a dozen guys who can't f***en score a goal

Get a f***en clue and double his ice time ... f***en Blashill man

And he also went off some stupidity about how we don't need mantha cause we got sheahan as a net presence and just went off about how Tampa is blocking all the shots and we need to figure out how to get shots to the net

Isn't that your job to figure it out?

What a mistake he's turning out to be ...

That's such a f***ing cop-out. If that was the basis of his reasoning for limiting Athanasiou's minutes and sending Mantha back down, then why is Andersson in the lineup over Jurco and Pulkkinen? Both were much better AHL players than Andersson ever was (is)... Johnson and Kucherov had great numbers is the American League? They sure did, but Pulkkinen had better numbers and he's been riding the pine for weeks... No, I'm not saying Pulkkinen should be in the lineup, but you can't base your decision on who plays based on what a player did or didn't do in the minors... Mantha wasn't lighting it up down in Grand Rapids, nor was he up here, but he makes things happen offensively, and same goes for Athanasiou and Jurco. Basically anybody would be a better option than Andersson...

Same thing can be said for the defense and the reason Smith is out. There's no logical explanation, other than Blashill's stubborn a** made a decision and he's likely going to stick with it.

Here's how we fix this team long term and short term, starting tomorrow night. Play the guys that both give you the best chance to win now and are the biggest parts of your future. Limit the vets ice time so when they are on the ice, they're not completely out of gas, and they can actually make something happen... If we keep the same lineup and continue playing Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall 20 minutes a night, I doubt this series gets to game 5...

Sadly The only chance we have of coming back in this series is if mrazek starts game 3 and plays a hell of a game and negates all of Blashill's stupidity

If I see Howard I'm still gonna watch the game and hope we win but in my heart I'm gonna know it's pretty much 90% game over before the pucks even been dropped

We are going to be lucky to win 1 game in this series. The sooner everyone excepts the fact we are a below average team to better. In fact that is the exect thing I want Holland to see. We need some serious changes. The only way that is going to happen is for someone in power to agree with it, say it out loud, and then act on it. Otherwise it will remain the same.

Cleaning this mess starts and finishes with KH.

Yep. He has run this team into the ground. Cup in '97 he wasn't GM, inherited same roster for the '98 cup, threw around a bunch of money for the '02 cup, and the '08 cup win under the cap was won due to the very lucky drafting of Z, Dats, Mule, still having Lidstrom, and Osgood playing his best playoff hockey ever. He did sign Osgood and Rafalski who was another key component, so i'll give him those. The near repeat of the next season he again had the same roster, and Hossa who he didn't even go after. Hossa's agent contacted him. Since 2010 It's been a steady decline.