• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tampa radio host's harsh words for DET fans/players

Rate this topic

Can you say butthurt? Love our guy's (on 97.1) response on Twitter.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/04/18/tampa-radio-host-calls-red-wings-fans-classless-chicken-spit-twitter-feud-with-valenti-and-foster-ensues/?cid=facebook_Valenti_and_Foster

Tampa radio host Steve Duemig of WDAE had some harsh words for Detroit fans after the Wings’ 2-0 shutout of the Lightning on Sunday. Duemig didn’t sugarcoat anything, calling Detroit fans “classless chicken spit.”

“So Detroit shows one of their players — or best players — is a chicken and their fans are classless, classless chicken spit. Of courseicon1.png we already knew that from last year,” Duemig said. “But way to go, chicken spits of Detroit, and thank you for putting the chicken dance in our repertoire for the rest of the day, cause that’s what you’re going to hear.”

Duemig took exception to a fight between Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader and Tampa’s Brian Boyle in which Abdelkader refused to take his gloves off, and a fan dumping beer on Boyle during the skirmish.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

What cheating are they talking about?

I like to think I can read a fair game (with a slight bias admittedly) - but I'll always put my hand up if I think we were fortunate to get a decision or two.

I honestly cannot think of anything fortunate last night. 2 good goals and generally tight officiating.

I'm beginning to think that the "having somebody qualified to talk hockey with us" tweet rings the loudest out of that article.

They have to try to stir up s*** because in spite of making it to the SCF and winning 1 Stanley Cup, barely anyone cares about them. They got a lot of attention when Yzerman joined, but since that novelty wore off they're barely a blip on anyone's radar outside of Stamkos. It's not like they have a national audience, so they need to generate buzz. I say bravo. Whatever you need to do. They're providing me with a lot of amusement.

Whatever happens in this series, I'm happy and proud to be a Wings fan, and I'll take that over the Bolts any day.

GO WINGS!

Well... Abdelkader did look like a chump. At least drop the gloves and give him a big hug or throw him on the ground rather than look at the ref, shrug your shoulders and look like a giant vageen. That and someone throwing beer at the player? Dick move. That is the definition of classless and it's also a sin to waste a $15 USD beer like that. If you did that in Canada your buddy standing next to you jersey's you, give you a beat down, makes you walk home and drinks any roadie's you left in the car.

Man people are wishing for a NHL rivalry so bad they are gravitating towards any small skirmish to go ape s*** about. It's pretty funny to read this, social media has become the death of rational discussion.

I listen to AM radio way more than FM...that's where I get my sports radio.

Well sir you are missing out on the usual know it all radio host, condemning whiny callers and licking the balls of anyone who agrees with them....

Edited by ben_usmc

He's just pissed because he knows this is their last season with stamkos and if by some miracle Detroit plays lights out and wins the series they will have seen the last of stammy. Then they will go back to being irrelevant as always. But on a side note, during the regular season, it's half wings fans at the wings games. But the playoff games I just attended was maybe a few hundred wings fans and the other 49,000 lightning fans. People in Tampa def like their bolts. They're the only bright spot they have with the bucs and rays stinking the place up.

Watch any Canadian team/Original 6 team vs Tampa in Tampa's barn, and tell me what the crowd looks and sounds like. Spoiler: More fans of the away teams, and it would be like that in the playoffs if not for that "you can't buy tickets if your not a Tampa fan" bulls***.

This guy sounds like a real bright fella.

I can't find Steve Duemig's twitter account. Couple of self-professed parody accounts, the radio station he works at, but not him specifically. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Nvm, found him, @bigdogwdae and his whopping 6.2k followers. Real celebrity, that one. Can't spell either.

Steve @BigDogwdae Apr 17

Now we see what a ***** Abdelkater is. He won’t even drop his gloves

Edited by Internet.Unknown