• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Does anyone believe tyler bertuzzi can make the roster. I heard more then not great things about him, but not much chatter recently at all about his potential to be a redwing. IMO the redwings could really use a player like him

What did you hear about him that wasn't great? I think he's gonna be a redwing for sure , probably a 3rd-4th line agitator who's gonna be a grinder and score some timely goals and show up in the playoffs

May not rack the points up but I think he's gonna be a valuable player down the road ... Time will tell though

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/4/23/11493464/report-ken-holland-declined-making-steve-yzerman-red-wings-general-manager

More theories!

When Steve Yzerman left the front office to manage the Lightning, Mike Ilitch said he had approached Holland about moving up in the front office to make room for Yzerman as general manager.

Ilitch said Holland declined.

Old news

Old news

Yep. But Illitch should have told him if he didn't want to move up, then GTFO. I doubt he regrets not doing something like that, because Holland is still around when clearly it's time for him to go, but I don't see how he can't be thinking about it. That and Nill turning the Stars into the highest scoring team in the NHL, and a cup contender, or at very least almost there. I know many of us think about it.

I'd rather lose without him, then win with him.

Not that it matters because he wouldn't sign here but yeah let's not have someone who provides entertainment on an otherwise very easy to play against team without an identity.

Just watched Manthas post game interview, "says power play is where games are won or lost in the playoffs" I know he's just analyzing the Grifins, but it'd be hilarious if he took a shot at the stupidity that sent him down.

Hilarious quote I don't think it was a shot at the higher ups but even if it was all the better. PP went down the toilet without him.

Not that it matters because he wouldn't sign here but yeah let's not have someone who provides entertainment on an otherwise very easy to play against team without an identity.

Dont want him here, so good. I dont get entertainment from a guy who is a complete *******. I am all for this team getting tougher, but not with that d******g.

Edited by kliq

Backes only if it's a short term deal. He's turning 32.

Still younger than the rest of our core

Might as well sign him until 2019 like the rest of our guys when we can actually trim the roster and make something happen

Edited by WingsallTheway

Larkin and Pulkkinen will both be playing in the World Championships.

Also, Svechnikov and Hicketts have both been assigned to the Griffins. I'm not sure if they'll get in the lineup as early as Tuesday, but hopefully they both get in by or before the start of next round (assuming they win one of the next three to eliminate Milwaukee)...

I just read somewhere martin frk will be out of waiver options next season ... Is his true???

I was hopeful after his season this year that he might be able to have a future after all , but i was also expecting him to have another season down and see if he could get another 25-30 goals again

Can anyone confirm this ?

Damnn ... Ya I know they haven't proven anything yet but I'm not comfortable exposing frk and sproul

Kind of expect sproul to stick around due to his size and possible help on the ppl , frk I'd rather feel comfortable with him starting another year in Grand Rapids,can't imagine he gets a real solid shot in Detroit

He got another 3 pts last game , he keeps racking it up I can see a 25-30th ranked team claiming him ... What's the deal with the team who would claim him? What's the minimum amount of games he'd have to play before they could send him down ?

We're really gonna have to dump some guys to make room for some kids

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I thought for sure he had another year after next. Thanks for the info Son of a Wing. Regardless, I think he will be waived at the start of next season and will likely (hopefully) clear. If Sproul isn't our number 7 to start next season I'll be very upset... I don't think there's any chance he clears waivers, and losing him would be very disappointing...