• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

LGW fanatics must realize that aquiring Stamkos would be hitting the jackpot and should not expect the winning ticket. He is a Toronto native and I truly believe the only reason he'd leave Tampa is the fact like Babcock, the glory of leading the TML to the promised land is too tempting. I am looking at more of the Okposo or Erickson type deals if the price is right and trading for a player like Duchene to fill the center role. I would love Mat on this team and have expressed that enough but in any case I would be very pessimistic to see Stamkos in the red and white. But I've been on this forum long enough to know the uproar we will see on here when he likely doesn't sign with us. I mean do your really think he would leave Yzerman to go play for the team that Yzerman never left as a player and is beloved here, who served as the Captain for this franchise for almost his entire career...it's a long shot.

VADIM SHIPACHYOV....

1. who we were told could not come to the NHL for 2016-17, may still be a possibility. Let's see where this one goes, too.

2. Since my KHL news from earlier today was so well-received1f62c.png, let's try another. There are rumblings tonight Vadim Shipachyov...

105 retweets134

Anyone know anything about this guy? Seems he may be available to come to the NHL this upcoming season. He's a center who has pretty good stats in the KHL.

VADIM SHIPACHYOV....

Anyone know anything about this guy? Seems he may be available to come to the NHL this upcoming season. He's a center who has pretty good stats in the KHL.

I'm sure the Hawks will sign him and he will win rookie of the year.

LGW fanatics must realize that aquiring Stamkos would be hitting the jackpot and should not expect the winning ticket. He is a Toronto native and I truly believe the only reason he'd leave Tampa is the fact like Babcock, the glory of leading the TML to the promised land is too tempting. I am looking at more of the Okposo or Erickson type deals if the price is right and trading for a player like Duchene to fill the center role. I would love Mat on this team and have expressed that enough but in any case I would be very pessimistic to see Stamkos in the red and white. But I've been on this forum long enough to know the uproar we will see on here when he likely doesn't sign with us. I mean do your really think he would leave Yzerman to go play for the team that Yzerman never left as a player and is beloved here, who served as the Captain for this franchise for almost his entire career...it's a long shot.

I could see it the other way around though. I'm sure he has developed a ton of respect for Yzerman, and knowing the dedication of this organization to him, and Steve spending his entire career here, winning championships, and the loyalty involved, it may sway him more toward Detroit just knowing the successful career Yzerman had and committed his professional life here.

Playing for Toronto comes along with a very intense amount of pressure and their media towards hockey doesn't touch how it is in the states. There are two very different situations in his personal and professional life playing for the Leafs compared to playing for the Wings.

Nyquist for Shattenkirk is where I would go. Then you sign a UFA winger to replace Nyquist in the lineup, preferably Okposo. The only thing that worries me about Shatty is that he is only signed for a year.

How stupid do you think St.Louis is? Everybody has seen Nyquist play. He's no rookie anymore. No contender is gonna take Nyquist. Not even for free...maybe unless we take another bad contract off them.

The only way we could deal Nyquist is if a low budget team like for example the Yotes would be interested. As they got enough cap space, his 4,75 millions wouldn't hurt them too much.

There's some real pressure now. His no trade clause will kick in next season. I like Nyquist but with his defensive game and his giveaways those 4,75M are just way too much. If we have to keep him until 2019 that would really hurt us badly unless he finally improves. I was very hopeful after his rookieseason but have long given up on him as he hasn't improved the slightest bit. It's not for a lack of efforts but some players just never seem to get it.

Man, how awesome would those two look in the Winged Wheel... Unfortunately Stamkos is going to be tough enough to reel in, no chance we get both...

KH would earn manager of the year if he could pull such a stunt. Because there are a lot of pieces you'd have to move in order to made said trade and land Stamkos.

I would love Shattenkrik asd much as everyone in a Winged jersey but the truth is this: The guy will be an UFA after this year, so unlike he agrees to sign an extension with the Wings my offer for sure wouldn't include Larkin or Mantha. In my mind St. Louis would be dumb to trade him, Pietrangelo and him are the backbone of their defense and with Schwarz, Tarasenko plus Backes (if he returns), their top 6 should be set for years to come.

No, to Justin Schulz he doesn't help our top 4 situation at all. Keep in mind he won't have Crosby, Kessel or Letang running the PP here so trusting hm to be the guy seems like a lot (i.e. his play in Edmonton).

I know people will hate me for that but I'm glad, Yandle signed an extension not that he isn't a good defender but I think he wouldn't have helped the Wings at all because this team needs a steady defenseman who can also provide some offense at the right time. Hamonic would have been awesome but he wants to play in western Canada. If the rumors are true and Winnipeg doesn't want to pay Trouba then Holland has to be all over this, Michigan kid who's limit is the sky.

Larkin, Trouba, Mantha, Danny D., (if we see the first half goaltending) even Mrazek would be a solid core to build for the future.

btw. I still don't understand the downplaying of Goose, everyone knew what he was but since he signed his extension a lot of people started to expect too much out of him. There is nothing wrong with being a solid top 6 sniper, yeah he needs to bulk up (go train with Gary R. or Dwayne Johnson) but let me tell you this: if the Wings had someone with size who can create room for him or Tatar, they would score more or at least be more dangerous. So why I'm happy with the development of both guys I would easily trade of them because they are the Wings best bet to land something this team needs while not giving up the future, of course it needs to be a package.

For a signed Shatty: Goose/Tatar + one of AA/Svech or every defenseman not named Danny D. + 2nd 2017

Edited by frankgrimes

Babcock had 80 million reasons to go to Toronto. As for paying players, it's an even playing field.

Babcock had 80 million reasons to go to Toronto. As for paying players, it's an even playing field.

Not true his contract is estimated to be around 60 million, Buffalo would have matched but his wife wanted to live in Toronto.

I think it's time for people to accept that as long as Buffalo has Pegula as their owner, they are going to be in on every big coach, free agent. I really hope Mr. I is seeing this is a challenge, so if Buffalo goes 12 million, the Wings should go 13..if Buffalo/Toronto match go 14 and so on.

Haha poel still going on with his/her same old s***...

For Shattenkirk (or Trouba), I think they would both start with Mantha or Svechnikov, and we would counter with Nyquist or Tatar. We would of course have to add in other pieces, such as other prospects / picks. In the end though, I could see Nyquist / Tatar, Ouellet / Marchenko, 1st / 2nd round draft pick being a pretty reasonable package for either of those players...

The problem is, Edmonton are looking at both of these players as well, and if they're willing to give up Hall, I'm not sure if we can match them. However, if they're only willing to give up Eberle, we have them matched with Nyquist, and I'm sure Ouellet is better than any defenseman they'd be willing to part with as well...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a 'cap' on the max amount (thought it was a % based on the hi end of the cap) you can offer a player?

Yeah it's 20 % so if the NHLPA uses their own money to pay up, the maximum aav would be 14,6 million aav. So at some point the money is going to be equal I'm fully expecting Buffalo to not bow out before that with Toronto I'm not so sure., My "personal" max would be whatever he is worth to the franchise. I.e. go max and load it up with bonuses for him and family :)

Edited by frankgrimes

If anyone has a little time I would listen to 97.1 at 10:30

10:35 What a source is telling us on the Red Wings and FA. All we can say is WOW! 10:50 Angry text guy calls out Calvin. Is he right?

Don't know if it is good or bad but could definitely be interesting to hear

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/971-the-ticket/

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Sadly, it doesn't sound like Trouba is going anywhere..

@garylawless: some talk about an offer sheet on Jacob Trouba - ftr - #nhljets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff told us on air this weekend - he'll match any offer

Obviously a trade could change things but it sounds like they'd rather keep him.. I don't blame them. It seems likely that we're waiting out the blues for a (hopefully) lower price on shatt

Edited by amato

LGW fanatics must realize that aquiring Stamkos would be hitting the jackpot and should not expect the winning ticket. He is a Toronto native and I truly believe the only reason he'd leave Tampa is the fact like Babcock, the glory of leading the TML to the promised land is too tempting. I am looking at more of the Okposo or Erickson type deals if the price is right and trading for a player like Duchene to fill the center role.

We don't really have the assets needed to land a 1C like Matt Duchene. This is why it's so important that we sign Stamkos. The alternative is hoping Larkin and Athanasiou become legit top-six centermen (IMHO, Larkin is a future 1C and Athanasiou isn't necessarily far behind) and/or we tank.

Edited by Dabura