• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Welcome to v4.0 of the LetsGoWings.com Forums!

Rate this topic

Hey Matt, is there a way to go to the last unread post on mobile rather than going to the beginning of the thread? It used to just automatically take you there when you clicked on the thread title but now its back at square one. If anyone figures it out let me know!

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I've noticed a glitch, which I kind of like (or maybe Matt has invented a forum that predicts the future)

I've made several posts now where four or five people like the post only seconds after it happened.   When I click on each like, it shows that the likes are from Thursday October 12th, which hasn't even happened yet.  :lol:

This is likely just a byproduct of the background processes updating that's still going on with the database currently. It's really taking quite a while for everything to finish getting rebuilt, but I didn't want to have the forums down any longer with the season right around the corner. Most kinks should work out on their own over the next few days (hopefully).

9 hours ago, BottleOfSmoke said:

I love that I can finally add gifs on mobile!

:lol: 

image.gif

You just didn't know how to do it before than. Should have asked me, I would have assisted you :)

The only issue I've really noticed on mobile is your top stretches past the edge of the site making it so I have to side scroll when I open the menu up. 

Thanks for the work.  Any way to personalize the design, I'm getting a lot of white space (almost a third) on the right . as another member suggested, maybe you can widen the main part and shrink that part.  Thanks.  

3 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

You just didn't know how to do it before than. Should have asked me, I would have assisted you :)

The only issue I've really noticed on mobile is your top stretches past the edge of the site making it so I have to side scroll when I open the menu up. 

Yeah I've noticed that also.  Other than that and hopping to the last unread post issue I think its a nice upgrade

Edited by Echolalia

7 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

Thanks for the work.  Any way to personalize the design, I'm getting a lot of white space (almost a third) on the right . as another member suggested, maybe you can widen the main part and shrink that part.  Thanks.  

Are you using an Adblocker, by chance?

On 10/12/2016 at 1:47 PM, Matt said:

Are you using an Adblocker, by chance?

Yah, is that the reason?  I'll try disabling it for this site and see what kind of beautiful ads might come my way ... :>.  

So I disabled it and there is still a lot of white space on the right, but now I see some ads on the top.  

Edited by RedWingsRox

16 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

Yah, is that the reason?  I'll try disabling it for this site and see what kind of beautiful ads might come my way ... :>.  

So I disabled it and there is still a lot of white space on the right, but now I see some ads on the top.  

There'll be some white space as you scroll down the page below where the ads are, since the text elements aren't set to wrap below them.

Also: I'm currently working on an Ad-Free option to the Forums for a small subscription fee. More details on that coming soon! (I'm pretty excited to finally be able to offer it!)

On 10/11/2016 at 8:53 PM, BottleOfSmoke said:

Hey Matt, is there a way to go to the last unread post on mobile rather than going to the beginning of the thread? It used to just automatically take you there when you clicked on the thread title but now its back at square one. If anyone figures it out let me know!

Should be able to tap on the stars/circles to the left of the title, in case you haven't already figured that out. Also works on the PC version of the site.