• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The MANtha watch.....

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, kliq said:

They are not putting Vanek on LTIR because to do it he has to miss either 10 games or 24 days.

So? Why isn't Kornwall there? He has already missed 10 games and still not ready. Vanek has missed 3 or 4 already and in another week we are looking at 7 or 8 games missed. Both should have been LTIR'd when they got hurt. Opens up roster spots and creates cap space for the younger players that deserve it. Then both need some conditioning time in GR to get game ready. Use the tools available to create opportunites for your team.

34 minutes ago, Richdg said:

So? Why isn't Kornwall there? He has already missed 10 games and still not ready. Vanek has missed 3 or 4 already and in another week we are looking at 7 or 8 games missed. Both should have been LTIR'd when they got hurt. Opens up roster spots and creates cap space for the younger players that deserve it. Then both need some conditioning time in GR to get game ready. Use the tools available to create opportunites for your team.

While I agree that Kronwall should have gone on it right away Im pretty sure they held off on Vanek because initially they said he was just day to day and then found out it was worse then first thought. Now they say an extra week so its still better to keep him off LTIR which allows him to get back sooner.

55 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Isn't there a limit to how much salary is on LTIR compared to the team salary total? That could be the reason why it's not used.

3 hours ago, Richdg said:

You don't understand how it works. You only get cap relief for whatever amount you actually use. We can't claim LTIR for them, because we're not using any of that cap space. If, at any time, we wanted to call up Mantha, we could them claim it for Kronwall. (And the game/days requirement is retro-active, so he wouldn't have to be out another 10 games either.) And it isn't possible for us to add enough cap to claim LTIR for both Kronwall and Vanek. 

41 minutes ago, Buppy said:

You don't understand how it works. You only get cap relief for whatever amount you actually use. We can't claim LTIR for them, because we're not using any of that cap space. If, at any time, we wanted to call up Mantha, we could them claim it for Kronwall. (And the game/days requirement is retro-active, so he wouldn't have to be out another 10 games either.) And it isn't possible for us to add enough cap to claim LTIR for both Kronwall and Vanek. 

Thanks for clearing it up. Before reading what you wrote and after reading Rich's comments, I was going to post that I was pretty sure LTIR was more complicated then some on here were making it out to be and I was going to look it up. You saved me some time!

Some posters think you put someone on LTIR and your cap hit just instantly drops.

Edited by kliq

6 hours ago, Richdg said:

HSJ is saying that Vanek is going to be out 2-3 more weeks. LTIR him and bring up MANtha. This should be done this morning so he can be in the lineup tonight. Failure of Holland/Blashill to do so is 100% completely stupid on their part.

Again, you can't just "LTIR someone". What you do, is you bring someone up and IF you are over the cap you apply for relief using LTIR.

With that being said, I would like to see Mantha up and playing top 9. Put Sheahan on the 4th and put Miller or Ott in the press box.

Edited by kliq

39 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We can haz Mantha now?

Imagine four lines that could play:

Tatar-Larkin-Abby

Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek

Athanasiou-Zetterberg-Mantha

Sheahan-Glendening-Helm

Or some sort of variation of all those players, as long as those 12 are playing.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Just now, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

Imagine four lines that could play:

Tatar-Larkin-Abby

Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek

Athansious-Zetterberg-Mantha

Sheahan-Glendening-Helm

Or some sort of variation of all those players, as long as those 12 are playing.

Hmm...I like these!

Really looking forward to seeing him on the team. I think he's close to overripe and should have had a spot starting this season. Hopefully he'll prove that come saturday against Montréal Canadiëns.

Mantha's gone 10 pts (8 goals) in 10 games in GR and leads the Griffins for the first time. Damn good! He did exactly what he need to do. I know some have just really been wanting to see him, but we're only 15 games in and this is earlier than I thought we'd see him. Glad to see that AA's injury didn't just bring Miller back in the lineup.

Really hope he earns a full time spot. We'll have AA, Vanek and Jurco coming back which I think equates to missing a whole 3rd (maybe 2nd) line. Could be a good forward group with all those guys plus Mantha.

About time. of course how long is he here? Just until the first injured guy comes back? Rest of the season? If he scores I think he stays full time. He isn't a 2 way guy, he is a goal scorer and we need that.

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

About time. of course how long is he here? Just until the first injured guy comes back? Rest of the season? If he scores I think he stays full time. He isn't a 2 way guy, he is a goal scorer and we need that.

Traditionally when they call a guy up, if he scores they typically keep him up. He scores 5 goals in 10 games, I cant see him going back down for a guy like Ott or Miller.

We need MANtha to score. I don't care about his 200ft game if he is putting the puck in the net. The last time we had a 30 goal scorer was the 2008/2009 season when we had 4 guys do it. Yes it has been 7 full seasons since the RW's had a 30 goal scorer. Think about that for a while. Let it sink in.

58 minutes ago, Richdg said:

We need MANtha to score. I don't care about his 200ft game if he is putting the puck in the net. The last time we had a 30 goal scorer was the 2008/2009 season when we had 4 guys do it. Yes it has been 7 full seasons since the RW's had a 30 goal scorer. Think about that for a while. Let it sink in.

30 goals is an arbitrary number. Tatar scored 29 before last season. Same thing. 

League scoring has gone down a lot. Pittsburgh penguins won the Stanley Cup last year but had only one 30 goal scorer. 

The year before that Chicago had zero 30 goal scorerd and won the Stanley cup. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

30 goals is an arbitrary number. Tatar scored 29 before last season. Same thing. 

League scoring has gone down a lot. Pittsburgh penguins won the Stanley Cup last year but had only one 30 goal scorer. 

This. Back then it was also common to have a team finish the season having scored 300 goals as well. We never see anyone get close to that anymore.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Right. The key is generating enough offense from various sources. Having a guy capable of scoring 30+ goals is gravy, but it's more important to generate offense throughout the lineup.

To this point, the Penguins finished 3rd in goals scored last season (241), and had eight players score 10+ goals. If a team can hit around 230 goals, that's usually enough for a place in the top ten in the NHL. Red Wings are on pace for about 213ish as of today.

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This. Back then it was also common to have a team finish the season having scored 300 goals as well. We never see anyone get close to that anymore.

The most we've seen recently is around the 260ish mark. Last year, the Stars finished 1st overall with 265, then 2nd place dropped to 248 for the Capitals.

Somehow, the Rangers are on pace for roughly 340 goals right now, which I fully expect them to hit...