• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

10/29 GDT: Bruins 1, at Red Wings 0

Per the link below, Vanek is still out.  Dang it...  We could use him out there tonight, for sure.

Also, Howard got the nod for goalie tonight.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-goaltender-gets-the-nod?ref=andrew

Edited by puckloo39

Bruins are about in the same goaltending misery as the Kings right now, should be able to put up some offense. 

I think Howard may come crashing back down to earth tonight a bit and we see a higher scoring game like 5-4. Hoping for 7 straight out of our young squad. 

LGW!

43 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We'll, maybe the Wings will still "wreck" Boston...

I do expect Bruins to be losers... like Michigan State. And hopefully Wings can extend the win streak to 7, like Michigan extended theirs to 8. And Boston extends their losing streak to 4, like Michigan State extended theirs to 6.

Maybe Boston will pull their goalie while being down 5-1 in a heroic attempt to make the score look closer... but in the process get scored on with an empty netter... just like Michigan State tried to make their score closer with a 2 point conversion - but got scored on instead.. 

Oh the similarities that could be! :hysterical:

Edited by kickazz

This is probably the game where the Wings start falling straight down to earth. Probably due for a 6-0 destruction after the bulls*** victories against New York, St Louis, Carolina.

I mean wtf is this nonsense?

So far at 5v5 Abdelkader is at 37% CF, Dekeyser is at 34%, Glendening at 34%, Miller 35%, Ott 38%, Helm 42%, Nielsen 43%, Green 43%...

Edited by shocky2002

36 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

This is probably the game where the Wings start falling straight down to earth. Probably due for a 6-0 destruction after the bulls*** victories against New York, St Louis, Carolina.

I mean wtf is this nonsense?.

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

That 4th line is a ticking time bomb.  

Where's Bill? Its like the 3 faces of Foley.

Edited by kliq

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Serious question shocky, who's your team? 

Wings all the way, brah!

19 minutes ago, kliq said:

Where's Bill? Its like the 3 faces of Foley.

I just re-watched that RAW episode where Dude, Mankind, and Cactus all were on the same titantron.

On Topic: I feel like tonight might be a letdown game for the Wings.  I don't think it will an atrocious loss, but I'm watching trepidatiously.

Edited by e_prime

23 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I asked my not quite two year old son if he wants to watch the Red Wings game tonight and he keeps saying,

"Hockey, Hockey, hockey dad?  Hockey?" 

He sounds like me, minus the Dad reference?  LOL

Did you all catch the pre-game with Mickey and Dave Strader?  OMG, I boo-hoo'ed... it's Hockey Fights Cancer night and the goalie mask is custom made, in purple - featuring Dave Strader's portrait and goalies who have played at the Joe.   Fight hard, Dave... you are a fighter, too.

We're riding a ridiculously high PDO, and we have been fortunate to win some of these games, but it's good to see the team is fully aware of this. Both Blashill and Zetterberg, as well as the rest of the team have admitted that they're not playing their best hockey despite being in the midst of a 6 game winning streak. I'm sure their "luck" will wear out a little, but when it does, I'm also fairly confident they will be able to up their game. Of course this early stretch of games isn't sustainable, we're currently on pace for 123 points, but this team isn't nearly as bad as some like to think. 

Im expecting the streak to hit 7 tonight!

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

I do expect Bruins to be losers... like Michigan State. And hopefully Wings can extend the win streak to 7, like Michigan extended theirs to 8. And Boston extends their losing streak to 4, like Michigan State extended theirs to 6.

Maybe Boston will pull their goalie while being down 5-1 in a heroic attempt to make the score look closer... but in the process get scored on with an empty netter... just like Michigan State tried to make their score closer with a 2 point conversion - but got scored on instead.. 

Oh the similarities that could be! :hysterical:

Ya, I sure hope Detroit wins its 7th in a row, unlike Michigan's 1 in a row. Detroit will be 7-2 much like Michigan State is 7-2 the last 9 against Michigan...oh the similarities! :hysterical: 

30 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I asked my not quite two year old son if he wants to watch the Red Wings game tonight and he keeps saying,

"Hockey, Hockey, hockey dad?  Hockey?" 

My nephew is temporarily living with me and he watched his first ever hockey/Red Wings game with me against Nashville, he's 4. He asked me if their mom is gonna put them in timeout after Larkin and Weber fought, Why the goalies are cheaters because their stick is much bigger, and what happens if the ice melts, lol. The minds of children.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, I sure hope Detroit wins its 7th in a row, unlike Michigan's 1 in a row. Detroit will be 7-2 much like Michigan State is 7-2 the last 9 against Michigan...oh the similarities! :hysterical: 

Well if Detroit wins they can be on track for what Michigan has done to Michigan State in College Football history... You know, they're 69-35 wins for Michigan over MSU :hysterical:

Maybe Detroit will have that advantage on Bruins someday. A win tonight would be progress!

Edited by kickazz