• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

10/29 GDT: Bruins 1, at Red Wings 0

This is why as good as jimmy can be he isnt our starter. He has that tendency to make amazing saves and then all of a sudden a goal like that goes in. Hopefully that goal doesnt make the difference tonight but blashill needs to change some things up. Larkin is playing terribly. He should be benched instead of AA. Tatar cant play on hanks like. Ive always liked gooose on hanks line so why not switch nyquist and tatar. Try something different to get some energy.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Well if Detroit wins they can be on track for what Michigan has done to Michigan State in College Football history... You know, they're 69-35 wins for Michigan over MSU :hysterical:

Maybe Detroit will have that advantage on Bruins someday. A win tonight would be progress!

Ya, 69 wins the an impressive stat....especially when you consider maybe 30 of them were against a Michigan State Agricultural team that's focused on agriculture with sports being a 9th or 10th down the list. Much like when Michigan played mostly regional and now defunct colleges early in their history. But I do hope Detroit can pull this one out! Tough one.

Edited by LeftWinger

well Rask is getting a SHUTOUT right now and normally when he SHUTSOUT he will SHUTOUT ...........................

SHUTOUT.....

3 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Is Vanek this important to our offensive success? They seem lost without him.

chemistry 

7 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

What a horrible goal.

Jimmy's been really good too.

Howard started again? He's played 3 of 9 now. That's quite a bit for the backup. Most backups in the league have played one, maybe two..unless the starter is injured or not playing well.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Howard started again? He's played 3 of 9 now. That's quite a bit for the backup. Most backups in the league have played one, maybe two..unless the starter is injured or not playing well.

We are on a back to back, Mrazek will be in tomorrow i'm sure.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

i think its because of his play .50 GAA coming in

It does seem that without Vanek our offence has disappeared. I also think Blashill's lines have something to do with that.

Last game Z and AA did some good work together, but now I don't think they've been together at all tonight. (Actually has AA even played - haven't noticed him. Then Helm Nyquist were good with Vanek. Why not keep that line and put Larkin in Vanek's spot.

1 minute ago, sjr2012 said:

i think its because of his play .50 GAA coming in

Could be, but .50 isn't all that impressive when you've only played 2 games.

3 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

We are on a back to back, Mrazek will be in tomorrow i'm sure.

Yeah, but Mrazek needs to play in back to backs sometime if he's gonna get used to an NHL starting goalie's workload. Lundqvist has played every game for NYR but one, same with Schnider in NJ, and Andersen in TOR, and quite a few others.

5 minutes ago, NotTooAbby said:

Is there any reason why AA has only played 6:24???   Seriously...wtf

Our coach is dumb.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah, but Mrazek needs to play in back to backs sometime if he's gonna get used to an NHL starting goalie's workload. Lundqvist has played every game for NYR but one, same with Schnider in NJ, and Andersen in TOR, and quite a few others.

true but wings basically have a 1A 1B with jimmy mrazek

Edited by sjr2012

*claws eyes out*

22 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Is Vanek this important to our offensive success? They seem lost without him.

Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with Vanek. I mean, we're definitely missing him, especially on the power play. But what we're seeing tonight is a number of team-wide issues that go far beyond any one player.

1 minute ago, sjr2012 said:

true but wings basically have a 1A 1B with jimmy mrazek

That was last year. The team said Mrazek was #1 going forward this season, that's why I find it a bit odd. Maybe they still don't want him to have most of the workload just yet, maybe they're playing Howard a bit more to try to showcase him for a trade..but Mrazek needs starts like I said to get used to a starter workload. He's ready, and at only 24, he's not gonna burn out from 60+ games.

And ya, Wings need a goal here real soon.Let's not end a 6 game streak with a loss to Boston...

2 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

And our starter should be starting game 1 of back to backs....

Why can't he start both? That's what i'm saying. Other goalies do it.

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

And ya, Wings need a goal here real soon.Let's not end a 6 game streak with a loss to Boston...

Why can't he start both? That's what i'm saying. Other goalies do it.

I agree but at the very least he should be starting the 1st game not the 2nd one. It feels like the wings dont want to upset jimmy by making him watch petr play all the time.

21 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

1 goal in 2 games is impressive.

Why wear Mrazek down so early? Only Lundquist played back to back (and I think they lost one game). Pretty much every team plays the backup on one of the back to back games. We have 2 very good goalie, we should take advantage of that. 

2 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

I agree but at the very least he should be starting the 1st game not the 2nd one. It feels like the wings dont want to upset jimmy by making him watch petr play all the time.

Florida is the better team. Better goalie plays against the better team. That's why Jimmy is playing tonight. Because Boston is not as good as Florida. And Jimmy isn't as good as Petr. So, Petr is playing tomorrow. Against the better team.