• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

10/29 GDT: Bruins 1, at Red Wings 0

Petr is 24 no reason he cant play both games. Our team flows so much better with petr in net because of his ability to play the puck it makes our transition sooo much quicker. Speed kills boston so it would have helped.

On another note the coaches have to get these players better at faceoffs. Its killing us.

Just a friendly refresher as it's early in the season. Per forum guidelines...

· DON'T incite flame wars by purposely baiting ("trolling") other members into an online flame war. Members caught doing so will be disciplined appropriately.

Baiting, trashing the team with no intent other than to get a rise out of others after a loss, and trolling is against forum rules. I don't want to hand out warnings tonight after it's been such a pleasant start to the season. Thanks.

Just now, chicagooverrated said:

Casual fans see this as a meh last, real fans see this as a reality check 

I'm a casual fan because it's one game on a long season?

So I would assume in your eyes, season was over against Tampa first game of the season?

What you still doing on here then? You aren't a real fan, please click that X.

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Just a friendly refresher as it's early in the season. Per forum guidelines...

· DON'T incite flame wars by purposely baiting ("trolling") other members into an online flame war. Members caught doing so will be disciplined appropriately.

Baiting, trashing the team with no intent other than to get a rise out of others after a loss, and trolling is against forum rules. I don't want to hand out warnings tonight after it's been such a pleasant start to the season. Thanks.

It wasn't my intention, I'm sorry I'm just frustrated 

34 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

On another note the coaches have to get these players better at faceoffs.

Also:

• Shot suppression
  • Shot generation
  • Shot selection
  • Possession (in general)
  • Passing / pass selection
  • Power play
  • Zone entries (ES and PP)
  • Holding the o-zone (ES and PP)
  • Sealing off the half-wall in the o-zone
  • Everything else (except goaltending)

Dump and chase is AHL hockey. Sometimes it works, sad thing is they just dumped it out of their own end all night as well. Bad ones too. You wonder why Larkin and AA are flat? They are being held back by the dump and chase. Nyquist tried too many fancy passes tonight as well. He's not the only one, but he has been successfull thus far by shooting, not passing too much. This was a game those three could've taken over with their speed. Bad coaching in this one. 

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, 69 wins the an impressive stat....especially when you consider maybe 30 of them were against a Michigan State Agricultural team that's focused on agriculture with sports being a 9th or 10th down the list. Much like when Michigan played mostly regional and now defunct colleges early in their history. But I do hope Detroit can pull this one out! Tough one.

Well even if we take that excuse into account, when MSU officially became "Michigan State University" in 1964, Michigan has beaten them 34 times out of 51 games that's still a 66% winning rate, same as the overall rate of 69 games out of the 105 game played give or take. We should continue the discussion in the Water Cooler or something though. 

------

I watched parts of tonight's game, might watch it in DVR later to analyze the loss. I did see that Zetterberg lead in ice time again. That shouldn't happen...

Edited by kickazz

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Could be, but .50 isn't all that impressive when you've only played 2 games.

Yeah, but Mrazek needs to play in back to backs sometime if he's gonna get used to an NHL starting goalie's workload. Lundqvist has played every game for NYR but one, same with Schnider in NJ, and Andersen in TOR, and quite a few others.

The organization is trying to win games, not groom goalies in back to backs. Competition is tight in the league, not to mention we have two starting goaltenders on paper and salary. It would be foolish to waste one of them when he's playing well. 

Edited by kickazz

By no means did Boston dominate.  Both teams played like hot garbage.  All night it was: Turnover the puck, turnover the puck, turnover the puck... eventually that'll lead to a costly mistake ending with a puck in the back of the net.  Unfortunately it was ours.

Off night.  I thought it might be a letdown game.

Let's bounce back tonight.

8 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Oh jeez.  I couldn't watch the game, came on here and you would have thought we lost 5-0 or something.  Surprised there were only 4 pages.  So we lost, big deal, 1-0.

It was only 1-0 because Boston played almost as bad as Detroit. I can honestly say it was the least entertaining hockey game Ive watched in a long time. It was if both teams partied and drank all day and then took and hour nap before the game and then came out to play.

I love how even when we lose 1-0 some people still blame Jimmy. OK the goal he let in might have been bad, but do you think mrazek would have gotten a shutout? so far Jimmy's numbers are far and away better than Petr. also if you have to rely on a shutout to have a chance at ot you don't deserve to win anyways  

51 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

I love how even when we lose 1-0 some people still blame Jimmy. OK the goal he let in might have been bad, but do you think mrazek would have gotten a shutout? so far Jimmy's numbers are far and away better than Petr. also if you have to rely on a shutout to have a chance at ot you don't deserve to win anyways  

Ive only read the last page or so of the thread. Is he getting the hate already after last night? I figured his first two starts would have bought him a week or two of being in good graces.