• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/30 GDT : Florida Panthers 5, at Red Wings 2

3 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Is pretty good better than a GAA of .67 and a .980 save%? If Mrazeks numbers are pretty good then what are Howards? You say you are pretty sure they would have won and you might be right. Or they could have lost 3-0. Mrazek has been ok but he has been letting in weak goals (see Mike Ribeiro and the 4th goal today ) so you cant 100% say they would have.

Howard has played 3 games. And last night both teams were so bad a lot of the shots were not even quality shots. And that goal he let in was horrible snd he has a history of that. So yes mrazek has been better than howard. I have no doubt that by the new year howards stats will fall back down to his average level.

13 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

This is why jimmy needed to go this summer. The debate is over Mrazek is our starter. Im confident we would have won last night if we played mrazek. And mrazek has pretty good stats this season except for this game so you dont know what you are talking about. 

The other issue is coaching. Tatar doesnt work with zetty. But blashill is forcing it. Nyquist is actually playing really good so put him and larkin with zetty and play tatar with nelson. At least try changing something.

Is this because Mrazek scores goals? Because the game was lost because the team scored zero goals. And they are now on their way of having scored just 2 in three games. The team has outplayed their opponents twice this season. Mrazek does not fix that. 

1 minute ago, wings_fanatic said:

Howard has played 3 games. And last night both teams were so bad a lot of the shots were not even quality shots. And that goal he let in was horrible snd he has a history of that. So yes mrazek has been better than howard. I have no doubt that by the new year howards stats will fall back down to his average level.

Thats entirely possible. Lets be honest though. Mrazek has also had a propensity to let in soft goals on a fairly consistent manner himself.  Sure he will make quite a few great saves in a game but those stinkers find a way into his game as they do Howard. Howard just has been doing it longer. He took the starter job last year and couldn't hold onto it. It was given to him again to start this year and so far after the first 10 games he has done nothing to lock it down where Howard has shown the game to take it back. Mrazek has yet to prove he can handle a full time NHL starters job. Thats why in my opinion not being able to move Howard last offseason was a blessing in disguise. 

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Let's push the panic button sheesh

There shouldn't even be a goalie battle.  if Petr is your #1 then play him like a number one   bad coachingredients in my opinion 

Lol? Theres no panic button. But this is why we don't treat Howard as a complete backup. Mrazek isn't a consistent goalie yet. And neither was Carey Price when he first started fyi. 

Just now, kickazz said:

Lol? Theres no panic button. But this is why we don't treat Howard as a complete backup. Mrazek isn't a consistent goalie yet. And neither was Carey Price when he first started fyi. 

That's how I see it, the only goaltenders in the league that get 65-70 starts per season are the established veterans like Price, Lundqvist, those guy who have many seasons on their resume as #1 starters. Mrazek essentially played 2 months of great hockey last season, he's not cemented in as the clear, undeniable #1 on this team. He needs to get to that point before he starts playing back to backs and 65+ per season. 

I think it's being handled how it should be right now.

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The difference here is Montreal fully backed Price regardless of how good Halak was. 

7 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Exactly. Montreal gave the net to price. Detroit has to do that for mrazek. 

Price games started during the 3 seasons Halak played for Montreal,40, 49, 39. That's basically half starts except the '08 - '09 season, where Halak still started 33 games. It's pretty much exactly on pace for what's going on between Howard and Mrazek here. Montreal didn't hand the net to Price over Halak, it only worked out that way once Halak went to the Blues. 

Had Howard been dealt this offseason, maybe the scenario would be different.

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Let's push the panic button sheesh

There shouldn't even be a goalie battle.  if Petr is your #1 then play him like a number one   bad coachingredients in my opinion 

Like taking Sproul out, you'd think Blash would have learned by now

word of the game:

dis·gust
disˈɡəst/
noun
noun: disgust
  1. 1.
    a feeling of revulsion or profound disapproval aroused by something unpleasant or offensive.
    "the sight filled her with disgust"
    antonyms: delight
verb
verb: disgust; 3rd person present: disgusts; past tense: disgusted; past participle: disgusted; gerund or present participle: disgusting
  1. 1.
    cause (someone) to feel revulsion or profound disapproval.
    "I was disgusted with myself for causing so much misery"
    synonyms: revolt, repel, repulse, sicken, nauseate, turn someone's stomach;

See also: Detroit Red Wings, NHL Referees

Howard always starts the year off good or did we forget lol. Every goalie lets in soft goals even Price, Howard is good but he ain't better than Mrazek he doesn't have the confidence or athleticism, our "defense" is trash and our forwards can't forecheck because they are small, The wings have success when they play a speedy transition game but we don't have the backend to do that on a nightly basis 

Well you would lose playing howard over mrazek simply because his numbers are better in the 3 games hes played. Mrazek just came off an amazing game so for you to act like hes not been good lately shows me how much you really know. He wasnt great tonight sure but like it or not he is our starter. Having howard here still just gets in the way. By the way guys like lunquivst have been playing 70 games a year for most of their career. I cant wait til jimmy is off this team so the debate can end.

57 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

He's played 2 games.

He played three (NYR, SJS, BOS) plus part of tonight's game. 

The team in front of him has only played one of those games.  So... yeah... GO AVERAGE JIMMY GO!

(if only to increase your trade value)

Edited by e_prime

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

The difference here is Montreal fully backed Price regardless of how good Halak was. 

That's not the way I remember it at all. Halak played 35games 08-09, and 45 in 09-10 (more than half in his last year in MTL). Then in 10 Halak played through the playoffs though Price had played 3 full season in the league. They just played whoever was winning even though they knew the younger stud goalie would eventually take over. I think that's exactly what we should do. Mrazek will get his 60+ game seasons when he finds consistency, just like Price did.