• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Shattenkirk

Rate this topic

Why would we give up anything of significance for a pending UFA that can and possibly would walk this summer? He would be one of the few big names in free agency this year, and Is likely looking to get paid. More than we could likely afford, unless we offload Howard and / or Ericsson or something. Anyway, it's a hard pass for me, and hopefully Holland stays away from any rentals. We need to either sell or stand pat, buying shouldn't be an option for this team...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why would we give up anything of significance for a pending UFA that can and possibly would walk this summer? He would be one of the few big names in free agency this year, and Is likely looking to get paid. More than we could likely afford, unless we offload Howard and / or Ericsson or something. Anyway, it's a hard pass for me, and hopefully Holland stays away from any rentals. We need to either sell or stand pat, buying shouldn't be an option for this team...

This. This summer needs to be about dumping salary. Bring in a dman if it makes sense. 

51 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mrazek + Jurco + pick

Salary works out

Hello NO!  Maybe Howard + Jurco = pick.

42 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I don't hate this idea. 

I do

Just now, marcaractac said:

This. This summer needs to be about dumping salary. Bring in a dman if it makes sense. 

Yeah like dumping Jimmy's salary.

I agree on moving Ericsson, Howard I don't know... he's just being moved to ltir and, eventhough, he put good numbers earlier in the season, I don't see him with that much of a trade value as of now. Dumping salary is a must as most of you have stated. I know Shattenkirk would be pretty much a "rental" until he becomes an ufa. But strengthening our D should be a priority and who knows, maybe he likes it around here and we keep him at a good price. I mean, Stamkos stayed in Tampa after looking around and being offered a ton of cash by other teams ...anything could happen.

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Nah, I'm good on Shatty.  Hamilton is my pick.  Young enough to still be part of our future core.

I really can't imagine Hamilton will be available though.  Flames have made that more than clear.  

I don't think Shattenkirk is the answer to our problems though.  I'd say try and target one of Anaheims many younger defensive players.  They have quite a few of varying value.  

Why does #9 got to bash Mrazek in every flicking thread? Now I know how much I annoyed y'all with Franzen. 

We get it, you don't like Mrazek. Goodie Goodie gum drops! He won't be traded. 

Meanwhile, I too would rather have Hammy or Trouba, but do like that we actually got listed on a list of where someone would like to play!

Only sign pending UFAs if you're planning for a cup run.

If they wanted to trade for a pending UFA (Smith+?) or a salary dump then fine, but otherwise wait for the offseason. With the expansion draft, I don't think anyone is going to sign him to an extension before July 1st and be forced to protect him so he'll be available

3 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Only sign pending UFAs if you're planning for a cup run.

If they wanted to trade for a pending UFA (Smith+?) or a salary dump then fine, but otherwise wait for the offseason. With the expansion draft, I don't think anyone is going to sign him to an extension before July 1st and be forced to protect him so he'll be available

Good point. Probably only makes sense if it's a player for player trade.

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Why does #9 got to bash Mrazek in every flicking thread? Now I know how much I annoyed y'all with Franzen. 

We get it, you don't like Mrazek. Goodie Goodie gum drops! He won't be traded. 

Meanwhile, I too would rather have Hammy or Trouba, but do like that we actually got listed on a list of where someone would like to play!

Oh Lefty.. You don't get it do you? You answered your own question.

Why does said person get to bash Mrazek every flicking thead? Because now you know how much you annoyed everyone with Franzen. No worries, I'm not trying to flame you or pick a fight, I'm simply giving perspective.

I don't think said poster actually hates Mrazek at all. I think the poster is teaching us all a very valuable lesson when the situation is flipped. Maybe a reminder that the years and years of Osgood, Howard, Franzen hate was ludicrous. And suddenly when it's the poster child of the forum (Mrazek)  is under controversy... suddenly people don't like it when the tables are turned. Suddenly people start realizing how irrational hate can be so.. annoying! 

I say it's a good way for us all to come together and be a bit more objective in our assessments from here on out. 

Now, Shattenkirk, I say that ship has sailed for us to be honest. Not interested in him personally. 

Edited by kickazz