• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

26 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

At #9 you're doing good to get a guy as good as Brodin or Dumba. Making that swap eliminates the chance of a Suter, but it also eliminates a chance of getting a McIlrath.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Big D Dylan is gonna carry our young ones to the Calder Cup

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

That's not a bad thing if you're talking about Kronwall from 2013-15. Considered him a decent #1D - not Doughty or Karlsson or Keith type but a slight tier below that. 

Not a bad thing at all. I meant the comparison in a good way, in case it wasn't clear.

11 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

At #9 you're doing good to get a guy as good as Brodin or Dumba. Making that swap eliminates the chance of a Suter, but it also eliminates a chance of getting a McIlrath.

Yeah, there's a good case for making a move like that. For me it's just that with all the questions about the rest of the roster, he might not have any impact. And it could easily be 5+ years before we get back into contention. He could be pushing 30 and starting to decline by the time we really need him. Or even gone via UFA.

If I'm giving up top picks, I want a real star. I think we could get something close to Dumba/Brodin for less. Haydn Fleury would be my prime target. Probably won't be as good a scorer as Dumba, but maybe better defensively, and I'd expect to get him a lot cheaper.

6 hours ago, kliq said:

I think Big Dylan is going to get a chance on the Wings this year, not as a top 6, but as a call up at some point.

IF we re-sign him. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him another contract, but I wouldn't be surprised either way if we re-sign him or let him walk.

10 hours ago, Buppy said:

Yeah, but would cost our 1st most likely, and maybe more depending on how desperate. I don't like that idea, but it's not the worst thing that could happen for sure. Dumba is pretty much looking like Kronwall 2.0.

Personally, I think Dallas will give up the 3rd for one of them (or maybe for Trouba or Hamonic) and this board will go bats***.

Avs could make a bid as well, but I'd think it'd be more likely for them to use Duchene/Landeskog to help their D.

Arizona might go after one as well, but they're a mess everywhere, so they might not want to give up a high pick.

Nah, that'll only happen if Trouba gets trade for the 10th pick or lower. Can't really compete with the #3. 

33 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

de Haan is apparently in play and the Wings are supposedly very interested in him. 

I've heard this rumor as well. He's coming off a $2 million deal and he's RFA. He's going to get probably something between 3 and 4 million, maybe more? And we can't just sign him, will have to compensate NYI with picks. That I don't like.

He's also a pretty boring choice. He played the 2nd pairing and blocks a lot of shots and plays the PK. Other than that I don't find him very enticing, especially with the RFA status. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I've heard this rumor as well. He's coming off a $2 million deal and he's RFA. He's going to get probably something between 3 and 4 million, maybe more? And we can't just sign him, will have to compensate NYI with picks. That I don't like.

He's also a pretty boring choice. He played the 2nd pairing and blocks a lot of shots and plays the PK. Other than that I don't find him very enticing, especially with the RFA status. 

If we were to get him, I imagine it'd be a trade rather than an offer sheet. Don't know a ton about him but he's young and probably still improving.. if it doesn't cost too much, why not? I have no clue what it would cost though. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

If we were to get him, I imagine it'd be a trade rather than an offer sheet. Don't know a ton about him but he's young and probably still improving.. if it doesn't cost too much, why not? I have no clue what it would cost though. 

Yeah I have no idea what the cost is there. Odd situation for NYI because they have to move him or lose him, and he's a hard player to judge value-wise.

He's 26, I'm thinking what you see is probably what you get with him at this point.

4 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade centered around Sheahan+ for De Haan.

Sheahan is worth less than De Haan's jock strap.

Edited by Nightfall

Pretty sure Islanders already have 7 forwards they'd want to protect, plus 5/6 defensemen. Tough spot for them. Tip too far toward "rebuild" and they increase the risk of losing Tavares, but trading for proven players doesn't help them in the expansion draft. Losing one of De Haan or Pulock to Vegas probably hurts them less than trying to trade their way out of losing someone. Also pretty tight on cap space.

But if they want to give us De Haan for a 3rd I'd do it.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Hmmmmm.....would be expensive, #9 pick involved for sure!

I doubt it will be us. Avs refused to trade us Quincey back when :lol: and I'm sure the one thing Sakic enjoyed this season was watching us miss the playoffs this year. Doubt he wants to help us get back in it.

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Duchene is a #2 center.  There's no way the Avs get a top 15 pick for him.

Uh....Ken Holland is still our GM. Did Dunnstranomius forget this?